Dr. Richard Brooks Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Richard Brooks?

ADHD

ADHD

Have you seen Dr. Richard Brooks?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

August 6th, 2017

Med School 101

Dr. Brooks treated my elderly mother. My mother took lithium to stabilize her moods for most of her life. Toward the end of her life, she developed Parkinson's. Her hands were shaky and she needed to use a walker. While I believe Dr. Brooks had good intentions, he neglected to test her lithium levels on a regular basis and assumed it was being handled by her primary care office. With shaky hands and difficulty getting to the bathroom, my mother likely did not drink enough fluids. She ended up in the emergency room numerous times, diagnosed with dehydration and lithium poisoning. The elderly can't provide accurate details of their own health history. Sadly, I didn't become aware of this dangerous cycle until my mother was gone and I read through the physician's notes. I hope that Dr. Brooks and others with be more aware of the diligence, basic testing, and common sense needed when powerful drugs are prescribed. It's Med School 101...do no harm.

May 28th, 2016

Horrible, Just rude all the way

I have to say that he was my neurologist for about 7 years and i was a teen when i saw him in the beginning. I didnt see anything wrong with him in the beginning, even when he would increase meds on me that were a controled subantance that i am now trying to get off of and having withdrawls from. Eventually he became very rude, told me i was fat, and put me down any way possible. The breaking point with him was when I became pregnant and he wrote me a letter saying that my child would be born with birth defects, would most likely not live past a year old and his advise was to abort.. there was more.... It was a horrible letter and i called his office upset but they refused to put him on the phone so i took it to a higher level, unfortunatly it seems like some Dr's can get away with almost anything. My baby was born perfect. Still is to this day and very happy. I don't recommend him to anyone..

September 8th, 2015

Could do without his Physician Assistant Bill

March 8th, 2015

Great doctor

Excellent and caring doctor, highly recommended

June 15th, 2017