3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Mar 14th, 2015

Super long wait. Appointment means nothing!

Mar 12th, 2015

This place is a zoo.

Mar 1st, 2015

Aweful!

Feb 28th, 2015

Awful experience. Will never come back.

Stay away!!! show details Stay away!!!
Feb 27th, 2015

Beyond awful!

Office staff on both office locations were very disorganized, Dr. Butlig office hrs. locations show details Office staff on both office locations were very disorganized, Dr. Butlig office hrs. locations
by A Patient on Jan 26th, 2015

Dr. Butlig is an excellent doctor, very knowledgeable, caring doctor but problem is his Office hrs. on both Torrance & Carson office. He only works 2 days a week, half day, Morning only on both office location, so if you sum those 2 days of four hrs. , he only works only one (1) per week on both locations. I only found out his office days & hrs. after I already picked him as my primary doctor. How can a doctor take care of his patient with only two (2) days, 4 hrs. each day, like myself, it happened that sometimes I have a medical necessity that I need to see the doctor, how am I gonna be able to see him & call for an appt. with his office schedule. He mentioned to me on my 1st time appt. that I can see another female doctor in his office if he is not in, I told him I never do something like that, to be taken cared of by another doctor, that's why I picked up my doctor, there's nobody, even not a physician, that have the same brain, knowledge, experience, compassion & other traits. Aside from the above factors, I had a very bad experience with his office before & recently. I had called for my regular medication that I don't have any more refill, so the doctor/office staff need to send another (new) prescription to the mail order pharmacy. This is the 2nd experience & was much worse than before, I called the doctors office in Torrance, last Monday, 1/22/15, I was directed by the office staff, that she has to call the Supervisor/Manager at the Carson office to contact the Mail Order Pharmacy, when I followed up the next day Tuesday, I've been told by another office staff that the lady at the Torrance can contact herself, I told since Monday calling, that I'm gonna run out of my medicine the following week. I was put on hold for long hrs. by the lady, named Daniella at the Carson office, when I cannot hold on for long time, I hang up then called again, same thing another person at the Carson office answer the phone & put me on hold again. Same thing over & over again putting me on hold for a very long time, SEVERAL TIMES, & when I finally confirmed it was only last WEDNESDAY, that I got confirmed with Express Scripts, The office staff even REFUSED to call, they told me that they already send the order by E-????, They didn't made it clear to me, what it that EEE-????, that they use in sending prescription to Express Scripts. I told them that it's much quicker to just CALL, BECAUSE EXPRESS SCRIPTS GAVE ME A PHONE NUMBER THAT ONLY THE PHYSICIAN OR HIS OFFICE STAFF can use to call that Phone No. In short I spent three (3) days on the telephone, back & forth holding between those 2 doctors offices. When I called Express Scripts using that phone number they gave me for the Physician, I was told NOBODY CALLED FROM THE PHYSICIAN'S OFFICE, BECAUSE THEY TOLD ME THAT WHEN THEY RECEIVED A CALL FROM THE PHYSICIAN, THEY NOTED IT DOWN. I thought that's the end of my worst experience, THREE (3) DAYS JUST TO GET A PRESCRIPTION ON MY REGULAR MEDICATION, BECAUSE TODAY, ONLY SUNDAY, (I CHECKED MY MAILBOX YESTERDAY, SATURDAY, I DIDN'T HAVE ANYTHING ON MY MAILBOX ) I thought of checking this SUNDAY, I found my prescription package in my mailbox, which Express Scripts RUSHED IN MAILING, & it was good because I told them I'm running out of my medicine the following week. To my surprise, when I opened the package of my prescription, I FOUND OUT MY NEW PRESCRIPTION HAS "ZERO REFILL???" Where in the world YOU WILL GET A NEW PRESCRIPTION ( FOR YOUR REGULAR MEDICATION) WITH "NO/ZERO REFILLS" These never happened to me with any Doctor or Specialist that I've been seeing. THIS IS MY 1ST WORST EXPERIENCE ON MY PRESCRIPTION, THAT MEANS I HAVE TO CALL THIS WORST OFFICE BEFORE THREE MONTHS (MAIL ORDER MEDICINES ARE GOOD FOR THREE (3) MOS ). THESE THINGS MADE ME SO ANGRY AGAIN. Much more to top this off, You have to wait FOR MORE THAN AN HOUR to be seen by the Doctor & one time that I had an Appt. with the Doctor & gonna have a FLU Shot after, I was at the Doctor's office in CARSON, I SPENT THREE (3) hours in their office. "Ridiculous". So if you can SPEND or WASTE your time WAITING FOR LONG HOURS, and WORSE OF ALL, DEALING WITH THE DOCTOR'S DISORGANIZED STAFF, FOR THEM 'BOUNCING YOU BACK & FORTH BETWEEN HIS TORRANCE OFFICE & CARSON OFFICE, & WAITING FOR LONG HOURS EVEN WHEN YOU CALL, In this case ONLY FOR PRESCRIPTION, I don't know which Patient can deal with these experience I had. I'm gonna try to reach Dr. Butlig to inform him of these experience on my Prescription & I'm not even sure whether he will call me back after his day appts., Dr. Butlig really is a very good doctor, very knowledgeable & showed concerned with his patient, very nice person. When he opened the door, when you have an appt., he will be greeting you with a big smile on his face & apologetic for your waiting time. I never had a Primary doctor like Dr. Butlig's personality. I'm so sorry that I have to find another doctor's office, I can't deal with all of these things I've mentioned.

Apr 10th, 2013

Dr. Butlig is very difficult to schedule an appoint with; you are forced to see a nurse practioner. Too many offices The nurse I saw, was not thorough and did not even note the correct information regarding my complaint. She referred to the wrong side of my body in both the request for xrays and the letter to a specialist. I have zero confidence that any of the test performed were correct, including my blood work. Just as important is the fact that the doctor or nurse does NOT call back.I have called 6 times and left messages requesting to discuss my test results with the nurse practioner or doctor and have not received a personal call back from a medical professional. The office receptionist called me and tried to give me the results of my blood work and xrays but did not have all of the information and it was incorrect anyway as it referred to the wrong side of my body. I do not recommend this doctor or associated offices if you want qualified, professional medical attention.

DR. BUTLIG IS THE BEST OF THE BEST show details DR. BUTLIG IS THE BEST OF THE BEST
Jun 26th, 2011

VERY CARING, VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE, WONDERFUL HAPPY STAFF!GLAD I SWITCHED TO HIM AS MY PRIMARY CARE DOCTOR.

Never saw the doctor once show details Never saw the doctor once
May 14th, 2011

What a horrible experience. I had to wait an hour and a half each time I went. Like I said it was always the nurse-practitioner wife and never the actual doctor.Then when it came time to call for my x-ray results, they just kept telling me the nurse-practitioner was with a patient and would call me back. After about the 5th time of this (literally) things started to get surreal. Finally weeks later I got my results. I switched to the PPO at work because of this office.

Fantastic Doctor! show details Fantastic Doctor!
by Carol on Nov 3rd, 2010

I was apprehensive when he first took over Dr. Maner's practice, but there was NO NEED to worry! Dr. Butlig is a fantastic physician and I am very happy that Dr. Maner entrusted her patients to his care. He takes the time to listen to you and is very genuine. I give him 10 stars!

Jun 25th, 2010

VERY COMPAISSIONATE & EXPLAINS WELL ABOUT PATIENT CONDITION. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Exellent Care show details Exellent Care
Mar 10th, 2010

My son is a patient of Dr. Richard Butlig's wife and since we love her so much I chose Dr. Richard to become my Primary Care Physician. Best Choice I ever made. He is an excellent doctor.

Excellent service show details Excellent service
by Elias N. Kordahi on Dec 8th, 2009

I have been seeing doctors on regular basis due to various serious illnesses for over thirty years. I would have to say, Dr. Richard Butlegs over all services are the best Ive seen. I wish all doctors were like him.