Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN), Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Dec 15th, 2014

nice doctor!

|  Best Doctor!  |  show details
Aug 4th, 2012

Dr. Buyalos is a cut above most doctors. He is compassionate, accurate, and professional.

|  TRULY A GIFTED DOCTOR  |  show details
Jun 27th, 2012

Here is the short version: We truly felt that Dr. Buyalos cared about us and provided us with the emotional support we needed. Dr.B is highly experienced, and his clinic service was extremely organized and professional. For those interested in more details, here is our very positive experience. And, good luck for us all!Many times my husband and I wondered - Can regular people like us reliably assess the quality of their infertility physician? I mean, we know very little about medicine and every place provides an info sheet with their rates of success, but no one really knows how these statistics are calculated, so you cannot really use them to make comparisons. For a while we thought people recommend their doctor if success was obtained, and do not recommend the doctor in the unfortunate scenario that success was not obtained. However, after being treated by another doctor for eight months (with one success that ended up with no heartbeat at week 8), having first consultation meetings with two other doctors, and being treated by Dr. Buyalos for a year we can definitely say Dr. B. (and his team and clinic) are EXCELLECT. And yes, we did say our goodbye to Dr. B and his team after successfully reaching week 10, but we had faith in Dr. B. and in his ability to get us pregnant throughout the process.So here is a list of the things that make Dr. B such a GIFTED doctor: He is highly knowledgeable and experienced. Starting with a very thorough consultation meeting, in which he brought up questions about our medical history that previous physicians did not; then, based on the medical file we brought with us (from the previous fertility doctor we saw) he suggested a combined protocol that might work better (and it did!). Dr. B uses his brain and connects the dots. BTW, due to his experience and integrity he did not bring us over for unnecessary blood work and ultrasounds that cost money, time, and emotional stress (our previous doctor brought us in to twice as many screenings/testing). He is calm and reassuring First, this is really important with patients who are stressed and on hormones. Second, it is important if you believe there is a connection between the mind and the body Third, this means Dr. B would NOT recommend to go ahead with more intense (and more expensive) alternatives, if these are not needed. In fact, he recommended we would try another cycle of IUI (insemination) before we go ahead with IVF. We insisted on IVF, which failed; and then we got pregnant on the next IUI attempt. He shows respect to his patients and he truly cares. Waiting time in the lobby and waiting time half-naked in the examination room were kept to minimum; he ALWAYS called us back on the same day; he listened to our needs and wants and adjusted the treatment plan accordingly. And, I must add this part, because it was not this way with my previous doctor after examination, he ALWAYS gave me time and privacy to get dressed before we review the next steps plan together. Humility. One of Dr. B greatest qualities, since we believe it reflects on everything else. This means: A) he his respectful of his patients, their questions, concerns, and time. B) His office is NOT a one man show he has highly qualified nurses that work with him and know their job very well. C) He gives respect to other professionals to do their jobs (for example, we asked for his opinion about acupuncture and he was in favor). Organization this may sound like a small thing. But Dr. B is very organized and he dictates every consultation meeting. We personally think this is very important.And a few words about the clinic and his staff: Atmosphere in the clinic is nice; the nurses are friendly, experienced, knowledgeable, and reassuring; the structural organization of the office is good; this means you come through one door and exit from another, and you are being treated separately when going through the more invasive procedures (e.g., IVF). And as mentioned before, wait time is 10-15 minutes. One time only we waited more than that (about an hour) but it never happened before or repeated itself. Additional personal advice - after our failed IVF and 2 months before the successful IUI, we gave a try to 2 weeks cleansing process (which means, cleaning the body. There are plenty methods and diverse recommendations on the internet so we are guessing it is not exact science). Subjectively, we feel this had positive effect on the quality of our eggs, as on the following cycle we had the largest amount of follicles and we reached pregnancy. To Dr. B and his team, and especially nurse Teri who became another person to rely on for support and advice, Thank you very much!H&R

|  horrible nurse  |  show details
Jun 11th, 2012

The doctor is wonderful, but the nurse named Trish is the most rude and unkind person I've ever met. I almost canceled my ivf cycle because of her. She is unprofessional and condescending to her patients. She needs to be fired!

|  Patient  |  show details
Feb 26th, 2012

Dr. Buyalos is an excellent doctor! I went in for a consultation at the end of November where he was able to diagnosis me and was pregnant by the beginning of January! He is extremely knowledgable and very understanding! I would highly recommend him to anyone!!

|  Dr. Buyalos is the Best!!!  |  show details
Oct 10th, 2011

He's awesome! Very caring and smart. Thanks to him I am a mother to a little girl. I highly recommend him.

|  Very grateful to Dr. Buyalos.  |  show details
by The Legaspi Family. on Feb 21st, 2011

We have nothing but praises for Dr. Richard Buyalos. My husband and I have searched and tried different fertility doctors but he is the ONE for us. Now, we (and the rest of the family), are enjoying our long-awaited first born, a very healthy baby boy whom we love so dearly. And when we're ready again, we will surely go back to Dr. Buyalos should we decide to have another child. Hopefully, God will grant us another one through Dr. Buyalos' help. Kudos also to his staff.

|  He is a great doctor  |  show details
Jul 11th, 2010

He explains everything in understandable terms. He's very professional, experienced and thorough.

Jul 7th, 2010

We are international patients of Dr B and have found him to be the most amazing dr - I don't know where he gets the time. He follows up with us, answers (and encourages questions) and we feel like he really cares. There are many DRs who could take a leaf out of his book.

|  The Best  |  show details
by Brenda on Jul 1st, 2010

Dr. Buyalos is a very caring Dr. I would strongly recommend him. I had surgery with him yesterday and he called me from home to see how I was doing!! Now that is an awesome Dr. He is even going to see me while he is on his vacation!! Thank you Dr. B!!

|  He's What All Docs Should Be  |  show details
May 6th, 2010

I am a mother because of Dr. Buyalos. From our first consultation, he demonstrated compassion and understanding. He always treated my husband and I with respect and took the time we needed to understand our diagnosis and treatment. Through four difficult years of procedures and pregnancy losses, he held our hands, listened to us and guided us through difficult decisions. Even though my daughter is almost five years old, my eyes still well up with tears when I think of Dr. B.

|  Fabulous Doctor  |  show details
Dec 4th, 2009

Dr. Buyalos is trully THE BEST DOCTOR.Dr Buyalos is amazing and fabulous. He is very caring and compassionate; he always spends time to explain and answer any question and concern we have. He handles carefully both cycles we went thru, slways ensure everything is managed well and properly for the best result for the patients. We feel so much confident and happy by choosing Dr. Buyalos. Strongly strongly recomment Dr. Buyalos to anyone with a fertility needs.

by Susan S. on Nov 18th, 2009

It has been several years since I saw Dr. B. He was amazing. Caring, compassionate and giving. He always took time to make sure my husband and I knew what was happening and what we could expect. His staff knew us by name and never felt neglected or forgotten.

|  Buyalos Richard is THE BEST fertility doc  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Oct 23rd, 2009 on insiderpages.com

Dr. Buyalos is THE BEST fertility doc. He is extremely knowledgable and experienced, and ALL of the staff, from the receptionist to the ass...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  Dr. Buyalos is the BEST  |  show details
Oct 13th, 2009

I've seen Dr. Buyalos for about few months. He is trully the BEST Doctor I've ever seen. He is very kind and compassionate. He is extremely dedicated, devoted and very care for his patients. He is very passionate for what he does. He explains and answers us any concern and questions that we have regarding our situation. Also, I should also mention that the nurses and his staff there are very nice and friendly. We are happy to know and have the care from him. I strongly recommend Dr. Buyalos to anyone having a needs or concern about infertility.

|  A Complete Nightmare  |  show details
Sep 28th, 2009

Rude, aggressive with his staff in front of me, does not answer questions, ignored my questions about allergies to emdications. I left because I felt endangered by him.

|  Sincere compassion and no ego  |  show details
by Dr Hill's Mrs on Apr 4th, 2009

We are the third of our friends to use Dr. Buyalos as our RE. He makes every patient feel as if we are the most important one he has. He is never rushed, always warm and friendly. The entire staff at the clinic makes you feel very welcome and well-cared for. Sometimes there is a wait between steps in your appointment because the clinic is so packed with patients. But you never feel forgotten.