Dr. Richard Byrd MD Patient Reviews

• Colon and Rectal Surgery Baton Rouge, LA

February 13th, 2017
Excellent doctor
My wife as in the hospital for a blocked colon recently and was treated by Dr. Byrd. She able to avoid sugery due Dr. Byrd's excellent care.

January 30th, 2017
Dr Byrd is a great doctor and surgeon, he did 3 of my colon resections and had a very gentLe hand, took time to sew my by hand instead of staples ,being I am a woman he cared enough to take that extra time so my scars wouldn't be so bad. he is my go to for any surgeries. even after moving out if state I will go thousands of miles for him to treat me.

March 15th, 2016
You won't find a better colon specialist anywhere! Do your body and yourself a favor. Don't play around with your colon. Go to the best colon specialist right here in Baton Rouge. Can't praise this doctor enough! You won't be sorry!

September 9th, 2015
Dr. Byrd did my ileostomy ten years ago and everything is still working great. We thank God for him.

May 4th, 2014
Phenomenal
I heard that Dr. Byrd was the best in his field, so I scheduled my colostomy reversal with him. He was so caring and listened to all of my concerns. My recovery was much faster than expected. I was walking around and getting up to get things for myself the next day. Amazing surgeon. So glad I chose him. Only negative I would say was that there is a really long wait time at his office. I waited 2 hours one day. However, once I saw him, he spent over 2 hours with me addressing any concerns. He is definitely worth the wait.

May 2nd, 2012
He saved my life.

June 12th, 2011
When Dr Byrd cared for my mother in the hospital, he actually feed her to see how well she was eating. He did his own dressing changes as well. You don't find doctors like him that often -- his wife must be such a jewel to share him with his patients. I know my family is eternally grateful for his care and for saving my mother's life. May God bless him and his family.

April 26th, 2010
Kind, caring physician
Although not the surgeon that performed my colon resection, Dr. Byrd treated me while my physician was out of town. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Byrd's kind, compassionate manner. He is a real treasure.

November 3rd, 2009
Dr. Byrd has always been interested in my care and in doing what's best for me.