Dr. Richard Martin MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Phoenix, AZ

January 10th, 2017
Dr. Martin
What a jerk Dr. Cant handle any negative reports on his results. The worst bed side manner, EVER! Many people wonder why they even went to this hot headed Dr. I hope you don't make the mistake I did. There are so many good Drs. in his practice do yourself a favor and go to one of them. If your smart.

April 7th, 2016
Dr Martin and staff are the best! I could not be more pleased with my knee replacement. Now this Papou can keep up with his granddaughter while shopping.

February 29th, 2016
Doctor Martin has done multiple procedures on me and every one went better than expected. Doctor Martin is never too busy to spend time and answer and and all questions when in the office

February 4th, 2016
This is the second time my husband saw Dr. Martin since we moved here 4 years ago from the East Coast. Different body part this time... he and his staff were really fantastic. We sincerely appreciate his time, knowledge and bedside manner. Thank you Dr. Martin for such good care.

December 2nd, 2014
Patient
Dr. Martin always listens carefully and takes all of his patient's complaints into consideration before he makes a diagnosis. He follows up with necessary testing (i.e. X-Ray, MRI) in order to confirm diagnosis and treat accordingly and accurately. In my case, I thought my most recent shoulder surgery would be miserable, but it turned out much better than expected, because of Dr. Martin.

April 23rd, 2014
Pleasant and easy to talk to; understood my need to get back on the tennis court; their offices are a one-stop-shop. The tech there even measured me for and ordered a new knee brace. Highly recommend Dr. Martin.

November 14th, 2013
He's the Best!
Dr. Martin is very professional, caring and good bedside manner. Obviously, with his 25 years of experience, his knowledge of all injuries is incredible. Dr. Martin is a skilled surgeon and operated on my husband as well as myself. His goals for your recovery are realistic for your well being. I would highly recommend and refer you to Dr. Martin!

November 9th, 2013
Dr. Martin's "Punch Card Patient"
I became a patient of Dr. Martin in 1993 when I broke and dislocated my ankle. Dr. Martin was the doctor on call. He repaired my ankle with a plate and screws. He then took out the hardware 8 months later. He used a new technique for the stitches at the time to minimize the scar. Dr. Martin takes great pride in his work and is very straight forward about the issue at hand, what options are available and provides you with the most information so that you can make an informed decision about your care. I went back to see Dr. Martin for a meniscus tear in my knee about a year or two after my ankle surgery. The thing I remember most about that visit, was when he came into the room.. he asked me how my ankle was and wanted to see it and how the range of motion was. That was impressive to me. First of all that he even remembered the surgery and even more so, that he took the time to check the ankle. It is because of this pride in his work, his bedside manner, and the fact that he does an awesome job with his surgeries, that I continue to go to Dr. Martin for my orthopedic care. Because of my experience with him and his staff, I always go to him for my orthopedic issues. I will not go to another Orthopedic. I trust him 100%! Which is kind of obvious since over the last 20 years I have been back to Dr. Martin for 2 arthroscopic knee surgeries, a torn cartilage in my wrist, acl reconstruction, and the latest was a rotator cuff repair and biceps tenodesis. Dr. Martin has a great sense of humor.. especially when it comes to his clumsy "punch card patient" coming in with a new issue every couple of years. The thing about Dr. Martin is that it isn't always about surgery. For example, with my ACL tear, we tried physical therapy, a brace etc before deciding on the reconstructive surgery. We discussed pros and cons about donor tissue and based on our conversation, I chose to use my own tendon, even though it meant a longer recover. I was able to make this informed decision because he answered my questions honestly and provided me with the information I needed. Not only has he helped me with my injuries, but I have taken both of my children their for their orthopedic issues. Dr. Martin is great with them and my kids were very comfortable with him. In addition, my husband and my Grandmother also went to him. I have also referred co-workers and friends to him. In addition to Dr. Martin, his assistant Angela is just as terrific. She is always cheerful and friendly. She makes you feel comfortable, even on your worst of days. The staff at AZ Bone and Joint is a great group from the office staff to the physicians. If you are in need of a very competent, trustworthy, honest, exemplary Orthopedic Physician, then Dr. Richard Martin is the one you want!! I would HIGHLY recommend him and his staff!

October 2nd, 2013
Scott
Dr. Martin performed ACL reconstruction surgery on my right knee and partial medial menisectomy on my left knee. The results have been amazing and I am fully back to my pre-op activities (mostly tennis). Dr. Martin and his staff were excellent and I would recommend, and have recommended, him to anyone who needs knee surgery.

May 2nd, 2013
Dr. Martin is a perfectionist. The success of my shoulder surgery was beyond my expectation. I will be able to resume my tennis activity much sooner than I could have ever anticipated. His staff is outstanding and I can recommend Dr. Martin without reservation
Doctor's Response

We are always happy to see our patients get back to the activities they love the most! We wish you well - From all of our staff at Arizona Bone & Joint

April 11th, 2013
Patient
Dr Martin and the staff at both offices were professional and pleasant. The diagnosis was exact and the surgery went exactly as I had hoped.I would recommend his services to friends and family. I worked with Dr Martin years ago at JCL and he is as pleasant to his patients as he is to nursing staff

February 28th, 2013
Mrs
Dr Martin is very thorough in his treatment and during lead up to surgery, his aftercare and treatment by his staff was second to none. I was very satisfied, with my whole experience of knee replacement
Doctor's Response

Thank you for your kind feedback from the staff at Arizona Bone & Joint Specialists. It is our goal to help patients live their lives to their fullest and we are happy to know that we can help make the treatment process a positive experience.