Dr. Richard Castiello MD Patient Reviews

August 22nd, 2012
No problems and I trust him
I've had very positive experiences with Dr. Castiello over the course of about 15 years and have heard good feedback from others I've encouraged to visit him. I don't visit him for any specific problem but just like having him check my skin to make sure nothing looks out of place (I've had a few small spots removed in the past).Dr. Castiello is very bright and very direct and to the point in his conversations, and I suspect that that is what some think makes him come across as brusque. He also runs a busy office and doesn't waste any time moving from one patient to the next, so don't expect to engage in a lot of idle chit chat. Dr. Castiello participates with Blue Cross, which I appreciate very much.

December 3rd, 2010
Great Dr. and staff
I am also shocked at the negative comments above. I have been a patient for a number of years and have recommended Dr. Castiello to many of my friends and family. All have been very pleased. I think if people don't get what they want (or what their friend got), they are angry. The reason you go to the doctor is because THEY know what is best for your problem. That's what they went to school for.

July 29th, 2010
LOVE Dr. Castiello
I'm pretty surprised at any negative comments about this doctor or his staff. I'm always well treated, and I'm not sold a bunch of stuff I don't need. For instance: I had a fungal infection on a toenail once, and went in thinking I would get Lamasil. Dr. Castiello convinced me that it was too powerful of a drug for such a small problem, and to first try an anti-fungal cream (which he gave to me for free). He explained that there was a 50-50 chance of it working. Following his directions, it cleared up in a couple months. I'm glad to have someone like this as a doctor. To my mind, bedside manner doesn't get any better than this.

October 3rd, 2009
Dr. Castiello and Team are Great
We have been using Dr Casteillo for years and have always trusted his judgement, advice as well as the medical careitself. I am astounded by the negative review I just read because his staff have been unfailingly nice to all of us over the years and we think very highly of the office, the assistants and the medical treatment.

April 6th, 2009
First Visit
Today I visited my new dermatologist for the very first time. The office seemed very busy and nice woman at the front desk (I think she was actually the office manager) still smiled and was very personable. The nursing staff seemed concerned and knew what they were doing. I would recommend this office and this doctor without reservation.

April 6th, 2009
It was a great experience
No one enjoys going to the doctor, but I found his staff very professional and efficient. He was very nice and polite. I was pleasently surprised after previous comments, but my doctor recommended him highly and I'm happy I went to see him.

March 27th, 2009
Nice nurses but awful receptionists. the young one was rude and incompetent, while the old one was absolutely uncaring and uneducated. Both barely took the time to talk to you let alone care to your needs. And the old one had the nerve to state a racist remark in front of patients. The doctor had awful bedside manners and was extremely arrogant. I don't think he listened to a word I said and was actually quite disrespectful. Would not recommend!

October 16th, 2008
Incredibly rude office staff
His may be the most unpleasant and unprofessional office staff I've ever encountered.