Internists

1333 Piedmont Rd
Ste 101
San Jose, CA 95132
408-254-2107
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

|  Practical Doctor!  |  show details
Feb 3rd, 2014

This doctor keeps his practice going, although times are tough. I once heard the doctor being threatened by a patient because of his demand for Vicodin! The doctor assured him that they would provide the drug if it was needed. My grandfather was seeing a doctor for some time with vague complaints and although no one was able to determine the cause, this doctor made the diagnosis of Wegener's Granulomatosis, for which my grandpa was then successfully treated. I mainly see him for aches and pains and an occasional cold, but he always makes healthy lifestyle suggestions for me and my family.

|  show details
by Female patient on Jan 6th, 2014

I found Dr. Cathey to be of substantial help. He is present and thoughtful, and has recommended medicine and lifestyle changes that have been of great benefit with regards to Diabetes, hypoglycemia and bradycardia. His manner is kind, straightforward and the information he conveys, is easy to access. Change of diet, increased exercise, with the ultimate objective being an increase of energy, vitality, good health. Those times I have needed an appointment for acute issues, like a bladder Infection, he met me , on one of his off days, at his office, to be of service. I appreciate his professionalism and have been satisfied with his service.

|  Happy Dsys!  |  show details
by Patient A on Jan 4th, 2014

Enjoys his work. He tries to focus on prevention and he tries to avoid excess. Providing preventive care is this doctor"s focus.

|  Eat right, exercise, stay away from pain pills, sleeping pills, and alcohol!  |  show details
Jan 1st, 2014

Throughout the last visit, I heard the doctor speak these words to me and other patients. This doctor speaks of exercise at each visit. He continues to push me to control my diet as well, despite the fact that I have know him for over 10 years. He is well-read and keeps me abreast of changes as regards the use of my medications and other treatments. He tries to set a good example by exercising himself, and mentions his Tai Chi practice as a motivator. He does seem to perform most of the office work himself, which probably serves him well in these tough economic times.

|  Preventive Medicine  |  show details
Jan 1st, 2014

This doctor spent a great deal of time speaking of prevention, exercise, and diet. He worked hard at trying to impress upon me the importance of controlling my use of medications, especially sedative, sleep aids, and painkillers. I learned a great deal from him.

|  Be careful before selecting this doctor.  |  show details
by John Q. Public on Dec 27th, 2013

This doctor uses internet sites like doctors.com and drugs.com to make his diagnosis'. He seem to be more concerned with covering his butt than curing and treating disease. My biggest complaints are that he overbooks every appointment, and he will commonly vocalize your ailments and symptom outside the examination room for all the staff and other patients to hear. His medical school education seems more like a Caribbean Univ than Univ of Wisconsin. Not a good experience with this physician.

|  Review  |  show details
Dec 19th, 2013

Thoughtful, takes into account psychosocial issues, substance abuse and childhood abuse and the effects that these have on the presentation of disease in his practice.

|  Drink more water  |  show details
Jan 23rd, 2013

I came in with serious symptoms and very concerned. He told me to drink more water after everything I said. Then he passed me off to several other doctors. No one needs to go to school to give out that advice. Drink more water, and you'll be healthy I guess. I also could not understand his nurses because of their thick accents. They are nice, but we were left to charades to get through the initial questions.

|  One of the worst doctors I ever come in contact with!  |  show details
Apr 28th, 2012

This doctor could not care what my disease was! I am severing from severe Crohn's disease! The doctor decides to discharge me well I'm still throwing up and in severe pain after four hours of waiting with no help! Seems like a great system we got some great doctors wink wink not!!!