Dr. Richard Chessler Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Richard Chessler?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Richard Chessler?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

February 21st, 2016

Caring compassion concerned .

July 10th, 2013

HORRIBLE Experience

I had a procedure done with this guy. My follow up appointment was at 4pm and I didn't see him until 5pm. He basically read the result from the computer and started yelling at me when I asked if I need antibiotics for stamach inflammation. He goes no, NO bacteria. I told him the previous medicine didn't work and asked him why I am not getting better at all in two month. He said "then we try another one." Seriously I think patients are jokes to him.

June 9th, 2013

Excellent

Going for a colonoscopy and/or related office visit is an awkward thing. Had both upper GI endoscopy & colonoscopy 5 yrs ago when Dr. Chessler was in Ft Lee. Just had another upper with another colonoscopy next week. Dr. Chessler is a kind, patient but straightforward dr with the best "bedside manner" I've ever had-very important to a patient in this circumstance. At recent consultation, he had fully reviewed my file before i came in so he recalled my family medical history, everyone in the office is kind, professional, punctual, detail oriented and knowledgable. I don't understand when people give doctors bad reviews because of their insurance. If I had a nickel for every time the staff told THE SAME PATIENT who just wasn't getting it that they will get a pre-cert but it is THEIR RESPONSIBILITY to see what their insurance covers. They give you a brochure about your procedure reiterating this. Follow-up wasn't necessary so I didn't rate that.

September 13th, 2011

Never going back there again

The staffs do not explain everything to you. If you have Aetna Insurance, do not go there because you will be paying 30%. I found out that they do not have contract with Aetna after I got my bill. At the beginning, they say they do accept my insurance and I don't need to pay copay. And after few weeks, I got the bills with different amount each time. Now I have to pay 30% for the office visit, GI and Colon screening tests. And they want you to pay everything in amount in 6 months or it will go on collection agency. I am so angry that the staffs never explained well enough about my insurance coverage (they are too busy chatting). I WILL NEVER GO BACK THERE AGAIN and I WILL NOT RECOMMEND THIS OFFICE TO ANYONE especially if you have Aetna.

August 28th, 2010