Dr. Richard Claridge MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0
  • 18 reviews

November 3rd, 2016
Great surgeon
Dr. Claridge was chosen by us to perform my husband's hip replacement surgery based on the satisfaction of a colleague with similar procedure. He was informative, not pushy and very skilled. He has a great sense of humor and always allowed us to ask questions. The surgery went well and his team was amazing as my husband's hip replacement was not an easy one. We appreciated the same attentive care on follow up visits. We could not be happier!

September 3rd, 2015
Probably hi is one of the worst doctors I have ever seen. No bed manners, rude, extremely disappointed.

April 18th, 2014
Don't waste your time and $$.
I have seen several doctors at Mayo Clinic and all have been very professional and great doctors. Dr. Claridge is very arrogant and rude. People come from all over the country to see the doctors at Mayo and Dr. Claridge is not worth the trip. .

February 25th, 2014
He does't listen to the patient.

August 20th, 2012
I think that he was too quick in making decision's on a problem.

August 12th, 2012
Some ideas to get you startff-Write about overall experiences-Write about what you like or dislike about your physician-Write about whether you would recommend-Write as if you are talking to a peer who is asking your opinion

May 7th, 2012
Terrible Doctor
This doctor is rude,unprofessional,and not good at diagnosing the problem.

May 4th, 2012
I was very impressed with the patience and advice Dr Claridge gave to me. I am a man who is challenged with being not only deaf but from a European country. It pleased me that the doctor took time and communicated with me the best he knew how. Thank you Dr Claridge. Indeed you have made me comfortable and happy with the outcome.

April 22nd, 2012
sunshine
this dr might be good but it is time for him to move on.does not answer any questions.my surgury went well and i am pleased with the results but a dr that listens would. i hope lloyd makes qa great salary because claridge could not do it without lloyd.

February 6th, 2012
dr is cocky but knows his stuff

November 21st, 2011
He is King inside all corners of an operating room and office
I fractured my femur and Dr. Claridge used his well-honed orthopedic skills, which allows me the freedom, once more, to ambulate all over town and country.I have uber-severe ankylosing spondolitis...I cannot pick my head up {my appearance is as if I am looking for loose change on any given flooring.I needed to see Dr. C., a few months back. He told me that I had bursitis. Between my not seeing where I am going and my awful sense of direction, I could not find my way out of the treatment rooms. Dr. Claridge happened to see my confusion. HE TOOK ME BY THE HAND, WALKED ME OUT TO WAITING ELEVATORS, STILL HOLDING MY HAND, HE WALKED WITH ME OUT OF THE CLINIC ALL THE WAY TO THE BENCHES NEAR THE PARKING LOT. After my assuring him that I would be OK while I waited for my ride, only then, would he turn around to head back to Mayo Clinic Medical Building!!!!Despite the legion of highly-effective, results- driven, tangible, demonstrable "skeletal" outcomes, either surgical or medical, this awesome, amazing doctor has NOT lost his acute sense of patient's needs..., such as reassuring her that there is "a humanly and humanEly two-pronged approach to restoring a patient's competence and confidence so that he/she can walk again because of Dr. C's finely-honed, highly-skilled carpentry "operations" & his "hands-on," --literally---, up close and kindly personal "touch."In a few weeks, my husband will have one of his ankles fused? replaced? An orthopedic surgeon who restored my hubby's knee, ACTUALLY recommended Dr. Claridge for the ankle procedure!!It's somewhat SUBJECTIVE when a lay lady lauds her "Tool King" Claridge M.D.; however, it is "no-contest" when a highly-rated peer suggests that one of his patients seek a "worldly" accomplished physician, i.e., Vancouver, Canada; Wellington, New Zealand; Rochester, Minnesota; and Phoenix, Arizona's brightest: Dr. Richard Claridge, when you care enough to give yourself the very, very best.

June 9th, 2011
I had a serious accident over 20 years ago when Dr. Claridge worked in Vancouver, BC. My most serious injury was a shattered ankle. I consider myself fortunate that he was the orthopedic surgeon on call. Thanks to his initial surgery and follow-up care, I am able to walk, and it is only recently that I have begun to experience some pain and difficulty with my ankle. He was pleasant and encouraging during my recovery, which was long and arduous (I also broke my other knee and my pelvis in several places.)