Dr. Richard Crittenden Is this you?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

December 17th, 2013

Surprised, but not really...

I read some of these and I am honestly surprised at these reviews. But what I read are people who probably didn’t get the report they “wanted” and are now stamping their feet. I’ve been seeing Dr. Crittenden for years now (granted, he is no longer practicing here) and I would not have changed doctors for the world. You will never find a doctor, especially at MedHelp, who spends as much time with a patient as he did. Yes, that means you wait, but what you receive in return is a doctor who is not only passionate about his job, but who is completely invested in you his patient. I had a chance to talk to another of his long time patients in the waiting room and he made a very good observation. Dr. Crittenden never did the conventional, or at least what we as patients feel we expected, to diagnose the problem. He let us talk, poking and prodding every now and then, until we had essentially diagnosed ourselves for him without knowing it. He wanted to know everything so that he could find out what was wrong, not just how to treat the side effects. If you are not open and honest with him or attempt to “tell” him what you think is wrong with you, I can see how you would be upset. He cares almost nothing for the symptom, he wants to treat the cause. I don’t know where he his now, but Birmingham has lost one of the best if he is no longer practicing. S. H. Side note: The nurses seemed to adore Dr. Crittenden, as did the staff. And more than once I saw him teaching or helping another doctor or nurse sort through something. Anyone know where he went?

September 24th, 2011

nice man. unfortunaterly i learned i have diabetes but he helped me figure out how to control my sugar. he tracked me down at home to let me know what i need to do.

July 12th, 2011

This is the most negative doctor i've ever encountered. My husband went to him for neck and back pain, and because my husband is overweight, he kept saying that he has diabetes...without checking his sugar level or anything. His diagnosis was based on looks. I wouldnt recommend this doctor to my worstm enemy.

November 5th, 2010

I went to be treated for a chronic back/neck condition that had flared up. I needed a corticosteroid shot at least,to ease the inflammation, thereby stopping the spasms. Instead I get my entire body twisted and flexed (all the while, my back is continuing to spasm & now throb & burn, along with my back due to this). I was told that I was a liar and could not be trusted because, of my many medications, I,in as much pain as I was left off one that I was prescribed. I left the office three hours later in far worse condition than I had arrived because of his "exam". I will never use this facility or any other this provider has privileges at.

November 30th, 2009

Both of my experiences with this doctor in the MedHelp clinic have been negative. I feel like I did not get the care my insurance company paid for. The first time I saw him, I was billed for lab tests that I never got results to. He never followed up on me, and I never got a diagnoses. After going to another doctor nearly a year later I found out I would have been curable had it be found earlier. He uses pre-stamped prescription pads to tell his patients to take Aleve for broken bones. I feel that he is impatient with clinic patients and doesn't care much for their wellbeing. He just seems like he has no passion for medicine. He doesn't take any time to get to know patients, even those who have seen him for years. Overall, I am shocked that he hasn't retired since he obviously doesn't care for his occupation.

October 3rd, 2015