Surgeons
29275 Northwestern Hwy
Ste 100
Southfield, MI 48034
877-784-3667
Locations and availability (2)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Patient  |  show details
by Albert A. Panyard on Mar 8th, 2014

VERY Successful neck fusion surgery at St. John's Hospital Detroit By Richard D. Kessler MD. I would use Dr. Fessler again with out hesitation for spine care and surgery!

|  Very disappointed with Dr. Fessler  |  show details
by Pam K on Apr 25th, 2013

I am super disappointed with this doctor. I had been seeing him for over 5 years for a herniated disc. Recently, my pain was getting worse so we scheduled surgery for 4/23/13. Dr. Fessler wanted to do surgery at a hospital not affiliated with the network (DMC) that I am through. Dr. Fessler saw me in his office for over 5 years as a DMC doctor but refused to follow his contract with HAP (my insurance) and go to a DMC hospital to perform surgery. When I called HAP, they said Dr. Fessler was in fact, a DMC doctor and is required to go to a DMC hospital if he takes DMC patients in his office. I talked with Dr. Fessler's nurse and told her what HAP had said. I got a call the following day from his nurse saying "Dr. Fessler is no longer a DMC doctor and doesn't go to DMC hospitals!" I called HAP and they said that wasn't true, he was still a DMC doctor. Obviously, he had his nurse LIE to me to get rid of me! I have filed a grievance with HAP and feel that what Dr. Fessler did is unethical and illegal. Why would I establish a long term relationship with a doctor that refuses to go to a hospital my insurance says I have to go to? If I had been told that he didn't go to DMC hospitals for surgery, I would have never have gone to him :( Now I'm starting all over with a new Neurosurgeon after 5 years with Dr. Fessler. I refuse to have surgery with just anyone, so it will be a while and I'm in a lot of pain.

|  Bright, competent doctor  |  show details
Dec 3rd, 2012

Dr. Fessler helped me recover from a botched surgery on my intercranial aneurysm. I was very pleased with his work and would recommend him to anyone who has need of his services. He's busy but was willing to answer any questions I had without regard to the time. He appears to be a kind of "shy" person so the onus is on you to engage him in conversation. He is a little difficult to get an appointment with since he is so popular.

|  Would recommend to anybody!  |  show details
Jul 25th, 2012

Dr Fessler is a top notch doctor. He diagnosed my problem within minutes. He is very professional, caring and confident. I could not have asked to be in better hands. The horrible pain that I had in my left arm is completely gone. I thank God for leading me to Dr Fessler and his team. I am humbled that he even took the time to sit down to chat a bit and check on me twice after surgery. He's #1 in my book! (BTW I've been a registered Nurse for 18 years, so I know the good/bad docs.) Dr Fessler is a keeper! Love this guy!!! :))) Thank you Dr Fessler!!!

|  Excellent Care and Diagnosos  |  show details
Jun 16th, 2011

Dr. Fessler was willing to spend the time with me to make me feel comfortable with my diagnosis and the required treatment. I have found him warm and caring as well extremely knowlegdeable and a very, very skilled surgeon.M. Cross

|  Dr Fessler is unacceptable and not recommended  |  show details
by K. Cristoforo on Feb 22nd, 2010

My daughter has seen him for a blockage in her brain which he diagonosed as moyamoya. He has been confusing, condescending, rude and very unprofessional in his treatment and communication. He is never prepared when you get there and he contradicts himself every visit. I would not recommed him to anyone. She saw him for a follow-up visit today in which he called her neurologist(s) - and she has seen 3 - idiots. He's awful. She left his office today confused and upset. Do yourself a favor - they say he's the best...well, he may know how to cut and sew but that's apparently all he's got.

|  show details
Jan 17th, 2010

The office staff was excellent, however, the registration staff left a bit to be desired. Also, the wait time to actually get into the office was quite lengthy (minimally 30-45 minutes).