Dr. Richard Zak Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Richard Zak?

Best eye surgeon

Posted on March 21st, 2015

Dr Zak is one of the best Dr I have ever seen. He was very helpful answered all my questions completely and seemed very concerned that I not only fully understood everything about my condition but also felt comfortable with my eye problem . He made two house calls even though I didn't even ask him too just to be sure I was recovery well with no complications. I cannot overstate what a wonderful dr he is or how much he cares about his patients.

An excellent retinal surgeon

Posted on November 17th, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Zak's for 16 years. I'm a diabetic who developed diabetic retinopathy in 1997. The first surgery I had ever had in my life was a vitrectomy for retinal detachment. That first surgery was not with Dr.Zak, but another doctor. When it appeared the retina was not staying attached, I was referred to Dr. Zak for a second vitrectomy. The reason of the referral was because Dr. Zak had prior experience in silicone oil bubble placement in the eye. I only wish Dr. Zak had done the first surgery. For the most part I'm blind in that Eye, but He has been able to preserve some useful vision in that eye. A little over a year later when I went for a follow-up visit, he notice some bleeding and potential problems in my good eye. From the prior experience with my right eye he decided to go in and do a vitrectomy at an early stage. Turns out it was a good thing he did because my eye turned out to be worse than he thought. Due to his accurate diagnoses and quick action, he saved the vision in my left eye! As for a bad bedside manner, if he had one, I wouldn't still see him for follow-ups today. He takes a lot of time with me and is a smart doctor. I am eternally grateful to him for saving the vision in my left eye.

Dr. Zak is excellent

Posted on November 7th, 2012

I am a current patient of Dr. Zak. I have been seeing him for almost four months now. My first visit was for detached retina in one eye which he put a sleral buckle on. Excellent surgeon, no complaints. My other eye also had detachments, but I didn't have symptoms, so he lasered it while my first eye healed. I had the gas bubble in my second eye and it has been lasered as well. I later developed and new tear while the bubble was in, and we were able to treat and is great. He has always spent time answering any questions that I have. He is also very good about meeting me to check my eyes even if it is his day off he has met me. I think he goes above and beyond and can't believe that I see other opinions stating he has poor bedside manner...just the opposite! I am a nurse and I have witnessed poor bedside manner before!! That is NOT Dr. Zak!

Posted on September 27th, 2009

horrible bed side manners. went in for a chemical injection and felt like i was an animal on an assembly line-he just wanted to get me in and out. he is very smart, but lacks empathy and care of his patients .

Posted on November 3rd, 2017