Richard J de Asla MD, MD
200 Unicorn Park Drive
Suite 201
Woburn, MA 01801
(781) 782-1300
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

|  Best Orthopedic Surgeon in the this field (Ankle Injury)  |  show details
by Alice F on Feb 12th, 2014

I was referred to Dr de Asla by a friend and patient. Dr de Asla took 1 look at my xrays and reviewed my records and knew exactly what was wrong, what my previous ortho doctor did wrong and scheduled me for surgery to correct the problem. He was kind, honest, and to the point, which I really appreciate. By far one of the best doctors I have ever had. I would and have highly recommend him to my family and friends.

|  One of the best surgeons around  |  show details
by David on Oct 7th, 2013

I have been a patient of dr. De Asla for about six years, as I have ongoing conditions that can't be "cured", but can be corrected when symptoms crop up (Charcot foot). I am convinced that when I got seriously ill in late 2009, he basically saved my life. It can be difficult to get an appointment, and he often is late with appointment times. However, this is because he takes as much time with each patient as that patient needs and refuses to be constrained by the clock. He is worth the wait - no question. I do not believe reviews that said he was rude.

|  show details
Mar 18th, 2013

Not helpful at all!!!!!!!

|  Outrageous wait time.  |  show details
May 9th, 2012

Dr de Asla's scheduling process is a nightmare. Initial screenings are six to eight weeks (at least). In addition, there were two cancellations by his office with no apology. In one case the office explained he needed to "catch a flight". When I finally did get to his office the wait was more than an hour. A poorly managed practice that delays care. Once seen, the care is attentive.

|  show details
Nov 15th, 2010

Great doctor and staff. Very understanding after a traumatic experience. Great surgery and great recovery. Took time to explain exactly what happened and what he did in a way my family and I were able to understand. Squeezed into schedule when needed since it was difficult to schedule appointments as I am a NY resident. Unbelievable staff, particularly nurse, Christine Pontuso, who were always available for questions, no matter how trivial.

|  Personal Experience with Dr. DeAsla  |  show details
by Karin M Torres on Oct 7th, 2009

I initially brought my 17 year old daughter to see Dr. DeAsla. My daughter was born with a severe congenital deformity of the foot. Dr. DeAsla could diagnose her so he sent us to see his colleague Dr. Heckman. Both doctors gave two completely different diagnostics. Recently my daughter tore a ligament in the posterior ankle. I tried for days to see Dr. DeAsla but he nor his staff would help us or return our calls. Finally, when Mr DeAsla called me back after four days that my daughter could barely walk, he insulted me for interrupting his busy work schedule. He then laughed at me when I asked to bring her into the office that day. I was appalled by his arrogance and I would in no way recommend this doctor to anyone.