Dr. Richard Dechamplain Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Richard Dechamplain?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

June 20th, 2015

Not recommended

Dr. Dechamplain did not discuss the procedure for cataract surgery or the lens he implanted or what to expect following surgery or anything else prior to my surgery. He did give me a folder with one page of information, one page of appointment dates following the surgery, a medical release form and a page describing the charges for the procedure. I thought this was a little unusual but it got worse. He was inappropriate and rude the morning of the surgery when he claimed I repeatedly put my fingers in my eye prior to surgery (I didn't), was even ruder later that day when I told him I was having trouble with the eye cup because it was too big. He stated it was "no concern of mine if you don't want to wear it and you get an infection and lose your eye." I was shocked. I have arranged to see someone else for my follow up and then a different doctor for the surgery on my right eye. I wouldn't recommend this man to anyone for any medical reason.

July 31st, 2013

Patient

Dr. "D" has done cataract surgery on my wife and recently on me. He is probably one of the best in South Carolina. Our surgeries were pleasant and painless and his office personnel and technicians were helpful and courteous. He cares about his patients and follows up with a phone call to check. His pleasant personality makes it easy to communicate with him. I would recommend him to anyone facing cataract surgery.

September 16th, 2017