Dr. Richard Delucia Jr MD Patient Reviews

2.7

• Good
  • Bad

February 25th, 2017
Dr. DeLucia is the one to see in this office.
Two years ago I was in an emergency situation and couldn't get an appointment. Another health care provider that I used called and was able to get me an appointment with Dr. De Lucia. He was smart, compassionate and helped me so much. He saw me often for follow ups, and he really helped me get well. I have been seeing him twice a year for check ups ever since . He is an excellent Dr., very thorough , and explains and writes everything down. He's also personable and caring. After reading these reviews, I think it's important that you insist on seeing Dr. DeLucia-no substitutions. Once you get an appointment with him, it's easy to keep scheduling with him. I don't know why it's so hard to get a first appointment with him.

September 16th, 2016
AVOID!!!
BEWARE OF THIS PLACE!!!! I would give negative stars if possible I went here for my yearly health screening, while there I answered the nurse practitioner's (Emely Winchester) questions about my health, medication and general history which any reasonable person would do at a yearly physical with a new provider. Because during these questions the reasons I take medication were @not routine" IE ADHD and Acid Reflux in their opinion, and they billed be for a whole second appointment without my knowledge or consent that wasn't covered by my insurance. When I brought this to their attention they told me ALL doctors who discuss anything other than your blood work and height and weight will bill you for two appointments during a yearly physical and it's a widely accepted practice.. UM NO NOT EVEN REMOTELY ACCURATE!!! AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE ON SOCIETY IT IS! This is what's wrong with healthcare today in this country I'll never go back.

March 30th, 2016
Good doctor but awful front desk!
I used to like Dr. De Lucia but the front desk is the most rude I have ever met. The 2 girls who sit on the side part of the desk (inside) both laughed at me and made fun of me when I didn't understand what the dry mannered older lady at the front was asking me (I can't hear well due to SSCD). Complained to Schiller, who used to work there on my next visit and she told the office manager who called me to apologize saying she was new in that office but she didn't do anything. I never went back as I don't need to be bullied by rude and mocking receptionists!

November 9th, 2015
Christine Schiller is one of the most condescending, rude people I have ever had the misfortune of being exposed to in the medical field. Horrible attitude and bedside manner. Very derogatory of treatments provided by other practitioners. Steer clear of this one if you can.

April 13th, 2015
RN
Dr. De Lucia's and his Nurses practitioners Staffs are knowlegeble and pleasent. The poblem are the manager of the office ; and some of the people the work at front. I have being a patient for 7 years plus. Every refill was filled and every promisse kept. I ser Crystal Nurse P. waiting over there ended awfull.!!!!!!! I didnt wanted to wait last week, and I requested to leaved and the receptionistwas very roos and dedrespecfull. first time evet . i was shock and after being treated wrongly. !!!!! I spected and apology letter. instead I git in the mail the most insulting, dedrespecfull and full of lies letter and behalf of the manager of the office. That happened ounce before with the same manager. Im Done.

March 4th, 2015
I am 50 years old and have never had an issue with a doctor - always excellent relationships. This practice is HORRIBLE. There is so much tension in the office, 2 of the medical assistants told me they "hate" their jobs, and the front office personnel are rude and short with the patients. Dr. B is the worst doctor I have ever encountered. She has an ICE COLD personality, was judgemental, would not make eye contact with me, kept her back towards me while asking what my symptoms were, and put words in my mouth regarding symptoms. She has the WORST bedside manner I have ever seen in the medical community. No one in that office is happy and cheerful!!!! They are miserable and I feel bad for the medical assistants.

April 19th, 2014
Rude and arrogant is putting it mildly! I went in a few months ago as a new patient looking for a primary care doctor. I wanted to see dr delucia, the actual doctor of the practice, but was told by receptionist it would be about 2-3 months to be able to schedule it. I simply asked why but instead of a simple explanation, receptionist responded back in an angry, rude, sarcastic way that was beyond belief! She then said I could see dr schiller instead and have my appointment scheduled sooner the next day. I made the appointment and went there the next day. Come to find out she is not a doctor but just got doctorate degree in nursing. I felt misled and tricked into going there. I see her pa first, nice but didn't like the fact she was pushing the weight loss program on me and after she puts my history in the computer leaves the room and I hear her talking with her about the medications I was on and hear me schiller to go back in the room and ask more questions and felt judged. I meet ms schiller and wasn't happy with that experience at all. I felt like she looked down at me and treated me like carp. I am glad that both her and her pa are perfect and that I should be treated like dirt because of being overweight and having health issues that have caused me to become like this. Ms schiller was pushing the weight loss program on me and now know what the practice is like Haven't gone back but I was sick and went in recently. I saw another nurse who was kind and actually listened but had to wait 2 hours. Her pa who asked my history was very unprofessional and made a mistake with my medication and looking at her phone while talking to me. I decided now I will never go back there between barbie nurse and pa and most recently nice nurse waiting forever while sick and throwing up, and carefree pa who was nice just doesn't care. Bad!

March 26th, 2014
Arrogant & Rude
I presented for my initial appointment to establish a new patient/physician relationship (also to be able to obtain medication refills). The assistant who brought me in the room was cold & prying with redundant questions despite my completion of all their health forms. This assistant wrote down the incorrect dosages (later found out when I looked online). She walked out and sarcastically told me, "It's nice to meet you!" Odd. Christine Schiller, ARNP, came in and walked right past me without saying hello or introducing herself to me. She was in a bad mood from the get-go. I always shake hands and introduce myself to physicians; however, Ms. Schiller had a horrible bedside demeanor and right then I knew I did not want to be a part of this practice. She was very challenging and argumentative when she spoke of my health history and medications, judging me instead of listening to me with an empathetic ear. I explained I had an illness that I had worked through and have been able to get off all of the medications and now just wanted to have lab work completed. She was very dismissive and wrote the labs- then walked out without any pleasantries. I have never dealt with a physician's office that was collectively this rude. A week later my lab work came in and another very rude office assistant called me and stated I was not a candidate for compounding hormones. I was on synthetic hormones and my question to the NP was not that I wanted a change in types of medications, but that I wanted my levels checked to see if I needed to get OFF one of the prescriptions. I asked for the blood levels and the ranges- she did not know the ranges but acyed offended that I asked. It's not what this asst said it's how she said it. She was simply mean when I told her that the physician did not address my problem and, therefore she never listened to my concerns during the exam. A duplicate lab was added even though I had told Christine that I just got that result from my last doctor the previous week and insurance won't pay for duplicates. I relayed my frustration to the assistant. My exact words were, "I don't think I want anyone treating me that does not have the decency to introduce herself, be rude and not address my concerns. I think I will look for another physician.' The asst stated in a childlike tone, "I"ll be sure to tell her you said that!" And hung up! No goodbye or anything. I received a letter this week from Dr. DeLucia, whom I have never even met stating I was fired, without any reason. Now this is infuriating considering they wasted my time and should have offered me an apology for their rudeness and incompetence. My medical record still shows I take medications in amounts that are incorrect & I never had my initial concerns addressed. I was fired for being an informed patient who expected in the very least, the human decency to shake my hand when it was extended and not ignore my health concerns. The coldness and rudeness I encountered is unfathomable. I fired this doctor and they retaliated with firing me and sending a copy to my insurance. I think I was fired because they knew I am an informed, assertive patient, married to an attorney, and thought I would be trouble because I confronted them on how they treated me. I would seriously reconsider ever going to this office if I were searching for a new doctor. Read the other reviews about the rudeness and how they treat their patients. If your care would be complicated- they might just fire you. If you report rudeness or question them in any manner- they might fire you. If you expect courteous staff and not to feel rushed (15 minutes with the NP)- go elsewhere. It is evident by the Botox treatments and very expensive weight-loss clinic in their office that they are highly motivated by financial gain and less about a caring environment to foster relationships with their patients, who have entrusted them with the most sensitive information one could possess.

July 15th, 2013
Bad Experience
Dr. DeLucia was my primary care physician and I went to his office for a severe headache radiating around my ear. DeLucia was unavailable, so I saw the physician's assistant who diagnosed it as swimmer's ear and gave me some ear drops. A few days passed and the pain continued to get worse, so I went back. Once again, I was unable to see DeLucia and instead saw the assistant. She upped the dosage and told me to call an ENT if the pain persisted. After a week, the pain was worse than ever, so I went to see an ENT. The ENT took one look in my ear and immediately said "There is no way this is swimmer's ear--there is no sign of it. The only thing I can see is the irritation from the ear drops." He ran some tests and determined the problem had nothing to do with my ear. The ENT then referred me to a neurologist who correctly diagnosed the problem as occipital neuralgia and ordered trigger point injections and a nerve block which took care of the problem. I would have thought that when the problem didn't resolve itself after the first visit with the assistant, DeLucia would have wanted to see me himself, but that was not the case. I give the assistant some credit for suggesting I go to an ENT, but the experience didn't instill confidence so I changed practices--and have been glad that I did. I get the impression that this practice is primarily focused on weight loss and everything else is viewed as being extraneous.

August 29th, 2012
Horrible
This Dr. is rude and so is his nurse. Does nothing for you but takes your money.

August 23rd, 2012
Office staff has major issues
Twice now when I went to the specialist this Dr referred me to the office staff had failed to send my records and referral to the office. Both times I called and requested they be sent, provided the fax #'s and still NOTHING. I have had it!!! I must find another Dr.

April 16th, 2012
Nightmare staff
I was scheduled TWICE by this office on follow up appointments and TWICE they did not receive my test results. They turned a $25 bill over to collection agency, would not schedule a follow up appointment because of it. After I finally get follow up, NEVER going to this office again. POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE, LOUSY AR, CLUELESS appointment schedulers.