Dr. Richard Demarsico MD Patient Reviews

3.9
  • 9 reviews

August 25th, 2016
Dr Demarsico is an excellent OB/GYN doctor. I have been going to him since 1980 and I have no complaints. He always has plenty of time to listen and explain. He tells it like it is and does not make light of any problem or situation. have no complaints about his bedside manner. He's the BEST! I would recommend him highly. Also, I have never had any problems with the staff. They have always been courteous and attentive.

February 19th, 2016
I switched to Dr. DeMarsico when I was 6 weeks pregnant because my gynecologist was not delivering babies at the time. I was so pleased with the staff and ease of scheduling an appointment. The doctor seemed kind of old school but fine. He got angry with me over a leep procedure I'd had done 2 years prior and I honestly have no idea why. I should have switched then because it made me feel weird. I stuck with him through my pregnancy. The pregnancy was very healthy, baby did great and was in a great position. Towards the end, the doctor started really strong arming me into getting induced right at 40 weeks despite the baby being healthy and the office being filled with signs explaining why inducing is not recommended. His explanation was that he was worried about the baby being too big. He also started discussing the possibility of having a c section. At several points during my pregnancy I made comments about how relieved I was that the pregnancy was going well and he got angry about this because it made him nervous. Women are allowed to be happy about healthy pregnancies. I was extremely grateful that I went into labor while he was away because I had a fairly easy vaginal delivery and I got the impression that he would have tried to force me to get a c-section simply because he was nervous.

September 25th, 2015
Exceptional Doctor
I am extremely happy with the expert medical care I have received from Dr. DeMarsico through the birth of my two children. He has given excellent advice and performed two very successful surgeries, thanks to his experience and careful attention to me as a patient. I highly recommend him as an OBGYN.

August 13th, 2015
Decent medically. Horrible bedside manner. Arrogant, condescending, dismissive.

February 17th, 2015
Bad bedside manner
Had me worried and convinced that I had something horrific during my pregnancy some years back. Practically accused me of a "suspect" lifestyle due to liver issue. It was just my pregnant body. Nothing as nefarious as he intimated.

September 3rd, 2014
Excellent!
This doctor is awesome! He is a great GYN for hound and older ladies. For the first time young ladies, it is a great visit. This doctor gets rid of the nervousness. For the older women, he explains all of his procedures and makes your experience comfortable.

May 3rd, 2011
I have been going to Dr. DeMarsico since 1989. He cares about his patients. He is a no nonsense type of doctor which I think is the best way to work with me. He is honest and he knows what he is doing.

March 6th, 2010
Dr Demarsico is a caring and thourough physician. He took care of me in a time of need. thakyou

December 23rd, 2009
DeMarsico should have his licensed revoked and I wish I could sue him. He performed surgery on me seven years ago. He did not provide me with enough information prior to the surgery for me to make an informed decision. I have many permanent side effects which were never even mentioned. I'm worse now than I was before. He is provincial, guarded, and defensive in his manner and attitude. Both he and DeGrande are condescending. His staff are rude and the nurses are ignorant (she didn't even know Unithroid was a thyroid medication!). The only reason I went to him in the first place is that he came highly recommended to me by a good friend. I am no longer speaking to this friend. BE WARNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!