inactive

Richard Deworsop MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 8th, 2015
Worst experience with a psychiatrist I've ever had
After being diagnosed with Bipolar disorder over 25 years ago, explaining that the meds I was currently taking finally kept me stable and from having episodes for over 7 years, he kept insisting to change my meds. He laughed when I explained that increase in serotonin levels affected my Crohns disease and on my 2nd visit added another medication, which immediately affected my Crohns. I visited my Gastroenterologist and he agreed it was the new med. Dr. Deworsop however, insisted I stay on it and he removed 1 of my other meds I had been taking. This threw me into severe episodes of mania, crashing into depression, no sleep, and severely affected my Crohns. When calling the office again, a recording told me he was not available for the next 2 weeks. I went back on the combination of meds I was on before I started seeing him, was stable within 2 weeks, and found a new psychiatrist. (Who listens, trusts that I know my symptoms and 'myself' and has agreed that the meds I am on seem to be working well for me). The change in meds set me back to the severe episodes I lived with for over 15 years before I started my current meds but he did not like the meds I was taking even though I kept telling him even my family tells me I'm the healthiest they've seen me. Very frustrating when a doctor does not listen and insults your intelligence.....and that's how I felt. Because he did not listen, I suffered severely.

May 4th, 2014
Worst Psychiatrist
Never is genuinely interested in the care of his patients, wait time was over an hour, and over medicated me to the point where I was sleeping about 19 hours of my day and I had gained 55 pounds. I was in a zombie like state for the time I had went to him and later found out he was giving me medications that doctors have been known not to give because of the side effects. Since I was a minor at the time he told my parents he thought that I had about 7 different disorders and that I was basically incapable of being a productive member of society. Now I am about to graduate college, and holding a full time job with no medication. This man doesn't deserve a license.

February 12th, 2014
the longest waiting time ever
The worst beside manor and he never gave me any diagnosis. I left felling worse each time. I would never recommend him to my worst enemy.

August 23rd, 2010
Books appointments 4 months out for new patients
Called this doctor several times for first appointment, cannot get appointment any earlier then 4 months out. For people in need to speak to a psychiatrist four months is a lifetime. Receptionists not very sensitive either.