Psychiatrist, Pediatric / Adolescent Psychiatrist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Doctor.com.
Nov 16th, 2012

Dr. DiTuri is doing an amazing job with my 6yr old son. He is caring and never makes us feel rushed. He puts a lot of time and thought into what he prescribes/advises. He is very easy to talk to and extremely knowledgable. Excellent Doctor!!!!

|  Knowledge, caring, compassion  |  show details
Feb 10th, 2012

After meeting / hearing about several doctors in the area, we chose Dr. DiTuri and are thrilled we did so. His approach to medication is conservative, in that he does not try to solve problems through sedation. He works closely to adjust medications as needed, and is very mindful of side effects, how that medication might react to underlying conditions, and overall well-being. He speaks to the adolescent to really determine their needs and get buy in. When our adolescent had to be hospitalized, he visited on his own free time to be sure all was well, but even more, because he cares. He even follows up with us unsolicited during critical times. His blunt, no-nonsense approach with patients is refreshing. When elevated or supplementary levels of care are needed, he is chock full of resources and can explain the differences among them to help us make an informed decision. He listens, he genuinely cares, and while we worked through some very critical care issues, he was always there. We've been in his care for years now.

Feb 9th, 2012

Thank you Dr.DiTuri for giving me peace once again in my life. You're the best

Jan 9th, 2012

Does not relate well to teens. Disrespectful and unempathetic.

Oct 18th, 2011

My son has been seeing Dr Dituri for about 6 months now and we could not be happier. I had 2 friends tell me how hard it was to find someone in the area that listened to their child and to their concerns. He is fantastic and relates well to my son who is 17.

|  I think Dr. Dituri is writing his own ratings  |  show details
May 6th, 2011

Hey Vitals look into this guy... 37 ratings is FAR above the averaage for psychiatrists is this area. I think many are the doctor himself, or at least all coming from the same person. The rebuttal of a negative review is too quick to come from a patient (what patient cares to defend a Dr. THAT much?) and so many of the reviews have the same writing style. Not to mention he's a mediocre doctor at best, so I find it very hard to believe that all these glowing reviews came from patients. Anyway, buyer beware, we had a very poor experience with him. Take these recommendations with a grain of salt.

|  happy parent  |  show details
Jan 26th, 2011

I sorry that the previous rater seemed so unhappy. I have nothing but positive things to say about Dr. Dituri. He listened to my son and then helped my son put his problems into perspective. My son liked his down to earth demeanor and didn't feel talked down to.

Jan 18th, 2011

I have no idea how this Dr. has received so many good ratings. He was just awful. He seemed far more interested in listening himself talk than in listening to my son, and by the time we'd left his office we'd paid him a fortune and recieved little to no concrete guidance.

|  He's the Best!  |  show details
by Patient Parent on Oct 28th, 2010

He cares, he keeps in touch, and he is very conservative with regard to medication unless it is absolutely necessary.

|  A great doctor!  |  show details
by Anonymous on Oct 22nd, 2010 on doctor.com

Dr. Di Turi is very caring and helped me get on the right medicine quick. I'm back to my old normal happy self!

Read Full Review at doctor.com
 |  Very Pleased  |  show details
by Anonymous on Apr 30th, 2010 on doctor.com

Dr. Dituri spent a great deal of time wiith me and my son helping me to understand his diagnosis and what treatment we needed.

Read Full Review at doctor.com
Sep 10th, 2009

Dr. Di Turi is very caring and is an excellent doctor. He gives 100% to his patients. I cannot thank him enough for helping my nephews.

by D,D,'s mom on Sep 8th, 2009

Dr. DiTuri made my son feel at home in his office and has helped him with is behavior immensely! I can't thank him enough for all the help he has given my son.

|  A happy parent  |  show details
Jul 1st, 2009

Thanks to you Dr DiTuri, my daughter is no longer depressed and doing well in school again.

|  from Ethan's mom  |  show details
by Ethan's mom on Jun 10th, 2009

Thank you Dr. Dituri. I have my son back.