Dr. Richard Dolinar MD Patient Reviews

3.1

• Good
  • Bad

September 2nd, 2016
I have been going to Dr Dolinar for quite some time. He is a very caring Doctor and takes his time with me. I have sent a few of my friends to him and they have been totally satisfied

September 19th, 2014
Dr Richard Dolinar should not be able to see patients He is very dangerous ! Be aware of his practice Find another doctor!

November 11th, 2012
Incompetent and Outdated
Dr Dolinar has a one-track mind. Checked my bone density, said I was severe, prescribed Boniva (after asking if I had GERD, and not taking into consideration that I'd had a Fundoplication). Don't believe he even knew what this was. BONIVA is dangerous and is a petroleum distillate dirivative used in phosphorous products such as laundry detergent.. When I would ask a question, his response was "I did not go to medical school so would not understand." Don't think he went to school either except maybe kindergarten. When I challenged him he responded with a letter saying he was no longer my endocrinologist. I agree with another person who said it all "A TOTAL ANAL RETENTIVE JERK".

April 13th, 2012
Good to get a decent doctor
We have been to a few endocrinologists and have not been satisfied, as the do not really examine you just check your A1C labsand adjust your meds. Dr. D, spent the time and asked questions and asked my wife to log her blood readings until next time so he can analyze her sugar levels and see if she is on the right course. So far, he is much better than our last doctor. I gave him a 3 because it seemed like he asked all the right questions and cared about the course of treatment.

March 21st, 2012
His diagnosis of my condition was accurate and done quickly. The treatment that he recommended turned out to be the right treatment, I just wasn't ready for it at the time. He does NOT appreciate patients to being knowledgeable about their own conditions.

January 15th, 2012
Total anal retentative jerk
Total anal retentative jerk

November 23rd, 2011
If you want to talk about government involvement in health care see Dr. Dolinar
After waiting over a hour for my first appointment with Dr. Dolinar, most of the time in the office. He walks in doesn't introduce himself, and starts the examine. After the examine he spends the next 15 minutes humming and enter info on his computer. Stops to explain that the government is forcing him to do everything electronically now, so I will just have to sit tight. Then goes on to explain how the government procedures do not work. Being that I was there because my PCP had concerns I had cancer, discussing the government was not my #1 concern. Dr. Dolinar, never once asked me how I was doing, if I had any concerns or even discussed any of the symptoms that I was experiencing. It was as if he and a preconceived notion of me and wasn't going to care what I said. I found his bedside matter lacking, he was rude, and uncaring. He said that I was fine, based only on his examination and not asking me a single question. He went on to say I had to be worried about that he will order further test, only because my PCP told me about them and not because they are needed. I did tell him that my PCP also had me schedule an appt with a surgeon. He told me to call off the pallbearers that there is no reason to see a surgeon and waste their time. I followed up with the test he recommended and decided to stick with my instincts and keep my appointment with the surgeon. Surgeon went over the "UN-NEEDED" test results that Dr.Dolinar had order and found that I do have cancerous cells and need to have surgery soon. So glad that I went with my gut and not this nut. The test results were sent to Dr. Dolinar several weeks ago and I have yet to hear anything back as to the results. Considering he told me that he would call with the results and that it would be nothing I shouldn't make a follow up appointment. I would have expected a call back......I will not return to Dr. Dolinar and would not recommend him to anyone.

August 11th, 2010
not waht i expected --staff and office great--doctor leaves you feeling he doesn't care --attitude of don't bother me. Seem behind in knowledge of treatment. Took calls while i was at my appointments-every time I was there.Complained how bad the field of medicine was - this really instill confidence. Would not recommend to worst enemy

August 6th, 2009
What a Gem!
Steve was diagnosed with diabetes almost two years ago but his treatment from a GP and an "alleged" endocrine specialist all fell short of the mark. It took Dr. Dolinar less than five minutes to isolate that Steve was being mis-directed in his management strategies and was essentially slowly starving away. We are thrilled that we now have a professional relationship with someone so keenly observant and interested in his chosen field.

April 15th, 2016