Dr. Richard Davis MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

December 22nd, 2016
Artist genius
Amazing detailed sculptor of noses, I'm absolutely ecstatic with my results, I love my nose!! Thank you so much Doctor

November 1st, 2016
My sons breathing has gotten so much worse :-( I feel so bad I made him go through with the surgery.. I thought I researched "the best doctor" my son will never go through another surgery again! Very bad experience and he hasn't been the same since :-(

September 25th, 2016
Omg thank you for posting!!
After reading the previous post, I will not even consider this doctor for a possible rhinoplasty. Thank you so much for your honesty. There are so many terrible plastic surgeons out there and now I know he is one of them. Thanks again and I'm sorry he did that to you.

September 25th, 2016
Devastated
The doctor should pay for what he has done to my face. I'm surprised he still appears in person at his practice at Memorial West, probably due to the false sense of security he has by being there. Not only was the experience horrific due to the pain alone, but the fact is that he is an unskilled conartist. The surgery performed was rather simple, as he put it. I should have never let him go near me and I warn every human being to stay away from him and his practice. Dont make the same mistake I did. Do not pay this man to hurt you and hinder your appearance. Post-op was horrific, thought I was going to die in that hospital. The results of the surgery performed was disgusting, and I feel mutilated. I will forever regret the day I stepped foot in his office. I warn any person reading this to please stay away from this man. He does not have your best interest, and I honestly feel violated.

September 6th, 2016
Did NOT do what was asked to do in re: 16 year old rhinoplasty
my grandson is only 16 and we specifically told Dr. Davis we wanted it to be very natural looking. The Dr. knew my grandson really did not want anything done. Dr. Davis or whomever did what they did to my grandson should really rethink their professional obligation to try and please the patient. Before the surgery I even asked the doctor NOT to do anything with his bump. The doctor said it would not look right if he did not. My daughter cries everyday now since the bandages came off a few weeks ago.

August 14th, 2016
Horrible primary rhinoplasty
First of all this doctor never admits his failures, had rhinoplasty surgery done by him, left me a crooked nose, deviated septum, nostrils contracted and cartilage hanging, he never owed the problem he created. Was told his surgery equals to someone getting out of his residency in Plastic surgery. He had a resident doctor by his side during my surgery. I believe he had that person do the rhino while he watched while I pay for him to do it. Obviously he denies it. Now I will have to spend another 10k to have reputable plastic surgeon correct his mistakes, plus endure pain and suffering from another surgery! BEWARE!

April 12th, 2016
Revision Rhino success
After another doctor overshortened and overgrafted my nose, I went through a major depression as I felt betrayed and plus I no longer recognized myself.. I was in search for a dr to help restore my nose. Dr. Davis had to perform 2 separate surgeries on me, I am now in my 7 month po, and I am living life again. I am very grateful to GOD and to Dr Davis. Dr Davis remained at my side and worked so hard to make me happy. The nightmare is finally over and I am finally happy with the way I look again. I look more like I did before the other dr botched my nose. Dr Davis had to derotate my nose, remove bulky grafts and add projection. Thank you Dr D. Thank you for your kindness, compassion, patience and your words of wisdom. Thank you for making me feel whole again.

February 21st, 2016
Dr. Richard Davis.
Hello everyone, about two years ago i made a revision surgery with dr. richard davis, and left me a crooked nose and with breathing problems. He pretends to be good person but when there are problems, he blames the parient. Unfortunately because of his bad surgery i will face a new intervention to try to solve problems caused by this doctor. I conclude by saying that this doctor not only did not do what he said, but it has totally ruined my nose in and out.

January 18th, 2016
My 2 cents, 10 years later
For some reason I was thinking about my past nose surgery with Dr.Davis, probably because I'm going through the process of researching for my hernia surgery. I was surprised to see negative reviews. I had a complex revision with Dr. Davis in 2006. When 4 surgeons in Atlanta wanted to place a synthetic dorsal graft in my nose, I started researching and realized I needed someone experienced with rib grafting. I travelled to Dr. Toriumi in Chicago (complete joke and waste of time, my consult lasted probably 3 minutes and I remember their fees being through the roof, and rude front office employees). Dr. Daniel in California ( he was probably capable, I just didn't have a good feeling, he also asked if I did cocaine because my nose looked like a "cocaine nose". No, I was never a drug user, so pretty much insulting. Went to Dr. Davis when he was in Miami. I felt at ease right away and decided to trust him. It was a 6 hour surgery with rib grafting and ear cartilage. I was overall happy with my nose. After a year or so I thought my tip could look a little better, I wanted more of a columella. I probably could have just left it alone, but I was probably too nose obsessed. When I saw Dr. Davis for a follow-up he was going to charge me to fix it. So I thought if I was going to have to pay, I would just find a plastic surgeon that could do what I wanted. Ended up using Dr. Perkins in Indianapolis. I didn't have a great experience there and Dr. Perkins comes off as arrogant, indifferent. In the end and almost 10 years later I would say I have a normal looking nose ( for a guy ). It has imperfections, but I realized years ago it is difficult to get perfection and that you are talking about living tissues that are going to heal however they want. I know Dr. Davis did a good job on my nose because within the first several months of my surgery I got hit in the nose by my dog, hit with a rake, and one day actually ran into a door frame with my nose when I turned a corner too quickly not paying attention and after all of that my nose didn't fall off!! Lol! I am in healthcare and very particular about who I choose to work on me. Bottom line, I would choose Dr. Davis again in a heartbeat and in retrospect, I should have just let him tweak my tip also. Good luck to everyone searching. If you need any type of grafting, especially rib grafting, I would strongly recommend using someone with experience in that technique. Dr. Davis is one of those people.

August 25th, 2015
It took months go get an appointent. I live in South Florida on my way the day of my appointment I got got into a bad storm. It made me 30 minutes late for my appointment. The office staff refuse to let me see the doctor telling me it was the doctors decision. I rescheduled the appointment and it took 13 months to get an appointment. I was planning to go on the trip, I checked with the office to see what they would have a earlier appointment to see him and they told me no. I get here today on time and they're telling me that my appointment was for an hour and a half earlier than my original appointment. They're telling me that when I checked to have it earlier appointment they move me an hour and a half earlier on their schedule without making it clear to me. I delayed my trip because they could not accommodate me. Now here I am and they cancelled my appointment again. No one is worth waiting a year to see and I will never go back to the office.

January 25th, 2015
Dr. Davis is the best doctor I have ever met. He is brilliant and so personable. He took time with me and answered all of our questions. I have wanted this surgery for years but was worried with all the bad reviews I've heard. When I went into my consultation with Dr. Davis I knew instantly I wanted him as my surgeon. His staff was wondeful and I just can't say enough nice things about him. I am almost one week post op and am already so happy with my new nose even with the swelling I still have.

January 27th, 2014
Richard Davis
Hi i need revision too but so afraid go in us pay all my money but im afraid live with so short round and flat nose. i hope i be lucky and Richard Davis fix my nose