Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist, Sports Medicine Specialist

Sep 6th, 2012

He's a doctor's doctor - recommended to me by a very fine Ortho specialist who had done his own surgery. I have never seen a more patient, calm, and careful listener who treats the patient as a partner in determining a course of action and following through on it.Very nice staff in a really pleasant facility.

after my arthroscopic surgery show details after my arthroscopic surgery
Sep 3rd, 2011

I had an arthroscopic knee surgery recommended and performed by Dr Gayle. The surgery helped me a little bit but the pain remains even now, 6 months later. I still have a hard time walking. When I came to see Dr. Gayle 6 weeks after my surgery and mentioned to him that I am remain in pain and not able to walk, he said only one thing: Oh, may be you need a knee replacement! It made me so mad! Why in the world he recommended me to have the arthroscopic meniscus surgery if he believes that my only choice was the knee replacement. I just walked out of his office and will never come to see him again. He never called me back to check about my recovery. Not sure whether he is a good surgeon but one thing I know for sure: he doesnt care about his patients.

Blessed show details Blessed
May 10th, 2010

All I can say is I am so much better.My chiropractor sent me to Dr Gayle and I think heis one of the best.A nurse also told me that Dr Gayle volunteeredin Haiti after the earthquake-he is a special doctor!

Feb 12th, 2010

I have to say that my experience my family has had with Dr Gayle has been nothing short of stellar.He saw and fixed my mother who had broken her hip.We were extremely worried and to be honest apprehensive about her having surgery before meeting Dr Gayle but he allayed our fears with thoughtfullness and kindness to my entire family. He gave us confidence and hope with a gentle spirit. My mother was up in a chair the day after surgery and was walking with a walker the following day.He is one of the kindest doctors we have had the good fortune of meeting and he came highly recommended as an excellent surgeon.At times his office wait can be a bit lengthy but he is always polite despite what seems to be a very busy practice.We are lucky to have him as our orthopedic surgeon!

Still in pain show details Still in pain
by Stiil in Pain on Aug 14th, 2009

Totally agree with Ms Los Altos rating. Very disappointed with Dr. R. Gayle as a medical professional. After several surgeries (one botched)and incorrect diagnosis, falsehoods about patient's progress. The list goes on.Very minimal follow-thru and doesn't return phone calls.

by cyclist in sunnyvale on Aug 2nd, 2009

great doctor. fixed my shoulder rotator cuff and got me back to cycling. very knowledgable and easy to talk to.highly recommend and have sent many patients to him.

Don't go to this doctor show details Don't go to this doctor
by ms Los Altos on May 1st, 2009

Was not honest about the need for surgery.Outright lied about how much time it would take to get better.In fact it is much worse than before the surgery.Did not return phone calls and did not take any interest in following up after surgery.