Dr. Richard George MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

February 17th, 2016
Skilled neurosurgeon
We are very fortunate to have Dr. George in Lubbock, Texas.

July 23rd, 2015
Perfect Routine
Relieved nerve pain that I had for over 10 years in 1 hour. Wished I found him along time ago.

January 24th, 2015
2 back surgeries within 2 weeks. Excellent results. Dr George is an outstanding Surgeon. . He has surrounded himself with a tremendous staff. I highly recommend Dr. George for any back or neck surgery.

April 24th, 2014
Highly Recommend!
I had a bulging L5 disc and had a discectomy/laminectomy done by Dr. George at Grace Hospital. I am back to work and feel 100% better. I was very skeptical of surgery and did not want to do it. He has a great bedside manner and is an excellent surgeon. I would go back in a heartbeat if I needed too!

January 12th, 2014
Dr George did back surgery on me and I cannot say enough good about him. It was a very positive experience both with him and his staff. He is very easy to talk to and get a straight answer from. Would highly recommend him

December 19th, 2013
Dr. George was very professional. He is a likable person and treated me so well. He answered all my questions and I did not feel like he was in a hurry and just wanted me to leave. After my surgery, I had a problem a few days later and had to call after hours. An assistant returned my call and we had the problem fixed that night. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. George to anyone. The conventional surgery over laser surgery saved me thousands of dollars and I am more than satisfied with the out come. Absolutely no pain now.

December 4th, 2013
The only thing I had to fear was fear itself (apologia to FDR)
I was scared to death and knew in my heart that the surgery( three level neck vertebrae repaired with a titanium plate) would probably lead to my demise. This was after much assurance by Dr. George that everything would be alright. WELL. As a matter of fact it didn't even hurt that much. I was sent home with pain meds but only took three . It did not hurt! I did not even come close to dying ! After six weeks , all is well. To think I was so scared is now laughable.

November 14th, 2013
Dr. G discussed my problem in depth with me, went over the surgery procedure. I was very pleased with his staff, all of the pre surgery tests were done right in the Grace clinic which meant that you didn't have to run all over the medical district getting the necessary tests done else where. Overall I was very pleased with everything and have recommended the Grace system to all of my friends if they have any medical needs especially by Dr. George.

November 6th, 2013
I was referred to Dr. George by my primary care physician. An MRI indicated that I needed a lower lumber fusion. I visited a physical therapist for 4 weeks prior to surgery. Dr. George and his team at Grace Clinic and Grace Hospital are outstanding. I was reluctant to have any surgery, but they calmly explained the procedure to be done for me, what I should expect, and the usual timeline for recovery. I was released from Grace Hospital the morning after the procedure, after getting out of bed the evening of the surgery. I never, at any time, experienced any pain, only minor discomfort. My PA was a phone call away with answers to any question. My sutures were removed in two weeks, a follow up visit 4 weeks later, begin PT the following week. I am so thankful for the kind and loving care given to me by this dedicated team led by Dr. Richard George. I am looking forward to the resumption of my previous activities, pain free.

October 15th, 2013
My First Experience With Grace Therapy, Grace Clinic, Dr. George, & Grace Hospital
My experience with Grace Therapy, Grace Clinic, Dr. George, & Grace Hospital (very clean facility) has been an eye opener to an exceptional facility that is run very efficiently. I had only experienced Covenant & UMC, but can say for sure that Grace excels in care giving to the utmost limits. All staff members from therapy (Jonathan & Justin), clinic (Dr. George, Sixtus, PA , Rachael, & Monica), Grace Hospital (Sugar, Robert, and others who assisted in my great recovery. All Staff Members were courteous, friendly, explained things thoroughly, and made me very comfortable. Thank you so much. I highly recommend Grace because of my experience on my back surgery.

September 13th, 2013
I had two vertebrae fused in the fall of 2012 by Dr. George. I was 82 years old at the time. Relief of most of my pain, and other symptoms, was fast. I would encourage other patients to not let their age keep them from considering surgery for severe spinal problems, especially if they can see Dr. George.

August 31st, 2013
He was very honest with me, my surgery was clearly necessary. He explained why it was necessary, went over all the x-rays, c-scans and MRI. He did not leave anything to doubt about me needing this surgery, and he was right. He operated 7/2/13 and although it has not been 10 weeks, I am back to my old self. Very active and happy without pain. He had to perform a fusion of my L4 and L5 and I am going through PT and even they cannot believe how well I have done.