Dr. Richard Greenberg MD, FACS Patient Reviews

• Urology Philadelphia, PA

• Good
  • Bad

May 23rd, 2017
Dr Greenberg is the best!!!!!

March 4th, 2016
Life Saver
I was diognosed with Invasive Bladder Wall Cancer ..97% of people who have Bladder Tumors removed[TURBIT } have no problem with a slight chance of recurrence but can be treated again with surgery. I was in the 3% and went to Dr. Greenberg for a consultation on surgery to remove my bladder and arrange me with a Urostomy Bag. Even at that, as worried and shocked as I was ,he was starting to put me at ease, and told me how I could still lead close to a full life. 2 days later he called and told me their Oncologist disagree with conclusion that cancer had invaded bladder wall. He asked could I stand another surgery for biopsy to confirm,I agreed. 30 days later [I had to heel] he repeated same surgery producing a fresh biopsy,which to my total delight turned out to be NOT thru bladder wall and I wouldn't be needing a Urostomy bag. I've been back 3 times [3month intervals] for check ups and he performed a cystescope into my bladder. Needless to say, it is not pleasant. Dr Greenberg and all his nurse assisistants have a increadible professional way of putting you at ease and just make you feel you are in the best hands possible. I'm very happy to be Dr. Greenberg's patient and have his very competent staff. I'm thankful for people willing to do those procedures, and and I know,they are saving lives there. I think the highest marks possible for the doctor and all in the Fox Chase Cancer Urology dept.

July 15th, 2013
Outstanding results!!!!
I was 68 years old. I was faced with a slow climbing PSA over 10 years that grew to 4.9 with a confirmed Gleason biopsy of mostly 6. I was on the fence and confused about the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force findings critical of unnecessary prostatectomys until Dr. Greenberg convinced me to act. He said there is "no such thing as being a little bit pregnant." Further; before PSA he lost 50% of his patients - but now only 5%. My operation was extremely successful, cancer was taken out in time & both nerve bundles preserved. I am completely symptom free after a year - no leaks and sexually active!

May 1st, 2013
Dr. Greenberg saved my life.
I just received great news from Dr. Greenberg today. I was told that after 9 years of seeing him on a regular basis in which I have had certain tests done, that It is no longer necessary to have a certain test done. Dr. Greenberg is a pure professional and gentleman. He makes the patient feel at ease with his humor and wit. I am grateful to have him as my Urologist.

January 17th, 2013
Fox Chase Cancer Center review
I first met Dr. Richard Greenberg in 2002 when he was recommended to me by one of my colleagues. I had been diagnosed with Prostate cancer and was operated on at a Philadelphia Hospital. The physician who operated on me accidentally cut my ureter and I almost bled to death. He realized his mistake and stopped the bleeding and finished the operation. I had complications from the operation and constantly had the urge to urinate. After several months of being told that it would eventually pass and after using several medications which did not work I went to Fox Chase Cancer Center and met Doctor Richard Greenberg. I explained my problem and he immediately figured out what was wrong. After tests verified his diagnosis, he operated on me and I am now able to lead a normal life. I have had several operations and radiation treatments at Fox Chase Cancer Center. I am amazed with the caring atmosphere that the Doctors, Nurses and other employees created and maintain. I have had the opportunity to talk with several other patients and they all share my opinion. I would strongly recommend Fox Chase Cancer Center and especially Doctor Greenberg and have often done so.

October 11th, 2012
Dr. Greenberg seemed very knowledgeable and insightful about our medical problems and treatment options. It is obvious that his medical career is not just a job to him. He is there to serve people and save as many lives as possible.

January 27th, 2009