Some ratings provided by DrScore.
WONDERFUL show details WONDERFUL
by RODRIGUEZ, CESAR on Jun 19th, 2015

FIRST DR. LEVINE IS VERY PROFFESIONAL AND EASY GOING PERSON. EASY TO TALK TO. PLUS THE STAFF AT HIS FACILITY AT WEST ORANGE WAS SUPER PROFFESIONAL AND FRIENDLY.

by Joan Coombs on May 22nd, 2015

I could not have hoped for a better outcome. I had cataract surgery and a multi-focal lens implant in my right eye. The entire procedure was efficient and painless. Dr. Levine gave me better sight than I have had since i was young. I'm going for the same procedure on my left eye. I wouldn't go anywhere else. The entire staff is stellar.

by ANITA SAFFRAN on Apr 7th, 2015

EXCELLENCE IN CATARACT REMOVAL

An amazing doctor! show details An amazing doctor!
by John S. on Feb 1st, 2015

I had a serious Eye infection and had been to two other doctors with the wrong diagnosis. Dr. Levine made the correct diagnosis right away, started me on medication, took a lot of time to explain my condition and saw me daily until the condition improved. He essentially saved my sight in one eye. I am very grateful to him and is very courteous office staff. I would highly recommend without any reservations whatsoever.

Great Results show details Great Results
by Carol Raksen on Dec 6th, 2014

I would recommend Dr. Levine for comprehensive eye care. The Doctor is knowledgeable and a skilled surgeon. The office staff is efficient and processes patient flow promptly. His surgery center has convenient transportation services. The office is comfortable. Assistants are well trained in all phases of patient care, including utilization of state of the art testing equipment.

My Eyes show details My Eyes
by Cristina V. on Nov 6th, 2014

I would definitely try this place again and highly recommend to family and friends. The staff is very friendly and give great service. Dr. Levine is pleasant, friendly, and kept me calm and confident throughout the entire process. I'm very happy with treatment and the results 😁

Two successful cataract surgeries show details Two successful cataract surgeries
by C. Cesar on Oct 19th, 2014

Early 2014, after noticing a slight degradation of my sight, I had my eyes checked. The diagnostic was not surprising: cataracts. Common in my extended family. At the time of the diagnosis, in the spring, the plan was to wait six months and see how fast the cataracts would develop. I was warned that the type I had would likely grow fast. It didn't take long to see the truth of that warning. By summer, I was of necessity getting more comfortable with the idea of surgery. Unable to do it with the ophthalmologist I had consulted first, I turned to Dr. Levine simply because of location; a short walk from my apartment. Picking a surgeon like that, without recommendation or prior knowledge, was a shot in the dark. Luckily, after two successful cataract removals, the choice proved to be one of the best decisions I've made regarding my health: I did not wait for the cataracts to develop too much and I had them removed by competent hands. The result of those surgeries is outstanding. I had them done six weeks apart, when it is more common to do them two weeks apart. About 24 hours after surgery, the first eye now free from its annoying cataract, I was blown away by the sharpness, brilliancy and vividness with which I was seeing the world. Everything in focus from the distant horizon to the nails on my fingers. It is the case to say that I did not believe my eye. It was too good to be true. Yet, there it was. Reality in ultra-high definition. Awesome! By the time of the second surgery, I came to expect the same result and was not disappointed. It was a repeat performance. The uncomfortable period between the two surgeries, when you are working with a good eye and a bad eye, was over. Time for spectacular binocular view. The initial giddiness of experiencing the world vividly and sharply does wear off. The beautiful eyesight that you now experience every day becomes the new normal and you soon forget how bad things were before. Too much happiness leads to boredom. Dr. Levine office's -- or better, office complex -- occupies a fair chunk of a floor in a medical building. The office complex exudes a modern form of efficiency, the kind that is required to sustain a profitable practice for the style of medicine that is increasingly common in the US. Upon your first visit you can't fail to notice the panoply of state-of-the-art equipment that is available to ophthalmologists. It makes the work of measuring and imaging your eyes quicker, more comfortable and easily interfaced with computers. There are computer displays everywhere. While patient data are probably kept online, nonetheless paper folders are still in use; a minor concession (maybe a legal requirement) to a traditional form of record keeping. I learned from another patient who was getting her second cataract removed and has been with Dr. Levine almost from day one how his office has gradually morphed from a modest beginning to what is now a high-tech operation. He oversees a small army of well-choreographed people, from the front desk group, to the aides that operate the fancy gadgetry, and the knowledgeable technical assistants that advise patients on pre and pos-op protocols. One of the benefits to you is less waiting time. Before you have the time to peruse a magazine from the rack in the waiting room, an aide will call your name and lead you to an imaging machine. Back to the waiting room and soon another aide takes you for optical measurements. When you are finally taken to a room to consult with Dr. Levine, he has in front of him print-outs, photos and data about the condition of your eyes. He can immediately concentrate on the issue related to your appointment. I would recommend Dr. Levine to friends or acquaintances without hesitation. They would be in good hands. Still, I know of a friend that, racked by fear, finds it impossible to accept the need for surgical treatment. Eye health is a sensitive issue for many people: the nightmare of decreased eyesight or blindness and the cringe that is induced by any thought of a surgical instrument penetrating your eyeball. I've been through that. Sight is our most precious sense. Yet the inertia you may have regarding a cataract, say, could complicate treatment in the future. Take advantage of 21st century technology and the steady hand of a seasoned surgeon to recover excellent eyesight. Relatives of mine who have gone through the same experience are unanimous about dealing with cataracts promptly. Those who waited out of fear have afterwards rued all the months or years lost coping with the world through cloudy vision, faded colors and decreased ability to do simple tasks such as reading. It's a question of quality of life. For us, older folks, every day of the future should not be wasted. Get moving. C.C. (October 2014)

No More Contacts! show details No More Contacts!
by Sam Shapiro on Aug 28th, 2014

As a 21st birthday present my parents arranged for me to have the LASIK procedure with Dr. Levine. IT IS THE BEST GIFT I HAVE EVER RECEIVED! Dr. Levine was simply outstanding throughout the entire procedure, explaining everything to me as it was happening. It was over before I knew it and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Dr. Levine and The Cliffside Eye Center, along with his courteous staff to anyone who is contemplating LASIK. I will never miss those contact lenses!

Amazing eye surgeon! show details Amazing eye surgeon!
by Paul C. on Feb 6th, 2013

Dr. Levine performed cataract and lens implant surgery on both me eyes last summer. He used an advanced new type of multifocal lens. I don't understand all the details, but basically, the surgery took only about 10 minutes for each eye, there was no pain at all, and within a few days, I had perfectly clear vision and threw away the glasses that I had worn since the seventh grade. Even though I paid extra for the premium lens, it was totally worth the investment because I'll never need to buy bifocals again. I can see small things now that I couldn't see at all before even with my glasses. Its like 'supervision'. Dr. Levine has a modern office, cheerful attentive staff, and a really positive attitude that put me at ease before my surgery. He spent a lot of time to deal with my anxiety so that I felt really calm when I had my eye surgery. He sent a limo that day, so I did not have to drive! I can't thank Dr. Levine enough for fixing the bad eyes ---bad eyes that I was born with. If you don't see well, or if you want to get rid of your glasses - see Dr. Levine. He's a real pro --- any you will not be let down!

Excellent doctor! show details Excellent doctor!
by Julia on Feb 2nd, 2013

Dr. Levine did an amazing job with my LASIK eye surgery. I basically threw away my glasses and my vision is better than 20/20. I was really nervous about doing LASIK buy he and his staff helped me overcome my fear, and I love my new eyes!

Oct 17th, 2012

Office was great. I had an infection and was able to make an appointment the same day. Next day felt great. Thank you!

Oct 17th, 2012

Very efficient

Amazing Results! show details Amazing Results!
Oct 8th, 2012

I had Lasik surgery with Dr. Levine in May of 2012. I had been wearing glasses and contacts for 18 years--I couldn't function without them. After surgery with Dr. Levine, my vision was better than perfect! Minutes after the surgery, I was able to read the time on the clock across the room. I couldn't be happier with the results, Dr. Levine, or his staff. It was a great experience from start to finish, and the results were life changing.

Fantastic doctor and office show details Fantastic doctor and office
by Jose C. on Sep 4th, 2012

I went to Dr. Levine for LASIK eye surgery and could not be more pleased. He was professional, thorough, and made the laser treatment fast, and painless. I have not worn glasses or even worried about my eyes for the past 3 months, and my vision is perfect. Would reccommend withouth any hesitation.

Fantastic eye surgeon! show details Fantastic eye surgeon!
Sep 3rd, 2012

After going to two other doctors, Dr. Levine and his excellent staff finally found out what was wrong with my eyes. I had a ten minute painless surgery to fix cataracts and my vision was almost perfect the next day, and I had no pain. He has the most modern new equipment, and you can really trust him. If you're having any problem with your eyes, I urge you to see Dr. Levine. He's one of the best eye specialists around and will exceed your expectations in every way.

lens implant show details lens implant
Jul 29th, 2012

In June 2012, I needed two separate cataract removals. My left eye also required alens implant. Complete and convenient arrangements were made for car service to and from Dr. Levine's Office. The same afternoon,,I received calls from both Dr, Levine's office and the surgical center re my progress.Before I went under anesthesis, Dr. Levine met with me briefly and put me completely at ease. I know from past experiences that surgeons tend to forget that that this is important for the patient's peace of mind.Three more appointments were set up for me to return to check my eyes. The first one was set up the next day so I could review on procedures on how to apply eye drops and check for infections.I am not reading with glasses now, and no infection has occurred. A big thank you to Dr, Levine. I highly recommend him to anyone seeking eye care.Arlene McBreenCliffside Park, New Jersey

John S.Jo show details John S.Jo
Jul 24th, 2011

Great surgeon, backed up by a great staff. Couldn't be more satisfied. Would highly recommend!

Jonathan R. show details Jonathan R.
Apr 12th, 2011

I had a severe cornea and was given the wring treatment NY another doc. Dr. Levine diagnosed the condition accurately, and treated it right away. I was back to work with saved sight 2days later.I don't think $225 was too much to spend to have your eyesight saved. Highly recommend Dr. Levine!