inactive

Richard A Matthews MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 29th, 2012
Nice but not for a first time mom
Dr. Matthews is a funny guy, pretty nice and of the old school type. Unfortunately he treats patients as if they should already know the answers to their questions. He spent maybe 2 minutes with me and since this is my first pregnancy I had questions which he quickly answered with a wave of his hands as if I was asking something ridiculous. Office staff is horrible, won't return calls and are generally rude.

April 1st, 2011
Worst Ob Gyn Experience I've ever had!
I went to this doctor to ask for a colposcopy after I verified over the phone with his staff that they do offer this diagnostic tool. Reason being that my best friend and her sister were recently diagnosed with cervical cancer (advanced) after for years their PAP smears were coming up normal. Colposcopy was what got them a diagnosis. They both have HPV, as do I. So after I heard that my mom, too got a cervical cancer diagnosis, I was no longer satisfied with a PAP and wanted to get a colposcopy. I explained the circumstances to him, including that in Europe it is believed that PAP by itself is not good in catching cervical cancer (my friend and her sister are proof). He was extremely rude with me, denied the test and treated me like dirt. 90% of women get some form of HPV in their lifetime,so I really don't appreciate the attitude as a well educated business professional to be treated that way just because I didn't go to him with a baby, but with a legitimate health concern. I wouldn't recommend him to anyone, he is rude, he has an extremely bad bedside manner, and, apparently, he is not keeping up with the latest research in his field.

December 28th, 2010
Dr. Matthew
I have been going to Dr. Matthews for over five years now and I wouldn't think of having anyone else deliver my children! He takes the time to listen to me and answers all of my questions. I feel very comfortable with everyone there.