inactive

Richard I Ecker MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

1.7

March 16th, 2014
I was made to wait 45 minutes for an appointment that lasted exactly 5 minutes. During that brief time Dr. Ecker spent in the examination room, he spoke down to me in a condescending tone usually reserved for miscreant children with severe learning disabilities. He then made humiliating comments about the severity of my acne condition and then abruptly ordered me to get out of his office. Apparently my condition disgusted his refined sensibilities. This man is an arrogant,bully who specializes in showering his patients with contempt rather than with help and understanding. An incompetent physician and a despicable human being.

November 4th, 2013
Horrible Charlatan
Meeting with this doctor was a horrible experience. I asked to discuss treatment options and cost, which clinics typically provide in a straightforward manner. Here it was a ridiculous cycle of "I'll send in the assistant to discuss with you" wait and wait for assistant who would then tell me she'd have to ask the doctor. What they did have time for was a hard sell on their skin care potions. I had no interest in the product but they insisted on doing a lengthy presentation. I had agreed to pay for the supposed "consultation" and the fee turned out to be significantly more than quoted, over a hundred dollars to ask the price for procedures and listen to the irrelevant snake oil pitch. The only reason this doctor has a practice is that he is the sole dermatologist in McMinnville. WORST medical experience ever for me.

June 21st, 2013
long-time recurring care
I trust Dr. Ecker with my basal cell carcinoma trials and have for many years now. I always get the attention I think I need and he has even helped me out after office hours... I think he's one of the best!

June 20th, 2013
Mcminnville Office. Careless!
I found out the day before I was going to fly out for my wedding that my psoriasis medicine refills had just expired a week before, so I called Mr. Ecker's office and tried to get a prescription refill for my psoriasis but they would not do anything to help because the receptionist said I haven't been re-evaluated in the last year. But come to find out I went in today and it says I was in just six months ago for my acne.....Needless to say the office and staff are VARY CARELESS when it comes to patient care/help. I've been a patient of there's for over five years, and been on the same medicine, you would think they would issue me a prescription with out the fight, but seems to be all about the money the office visits bring in. I highly recommend you to see a different dermatologist!

April 17th, 2013
Very bad experience
The waiting time to even get in to see the doctor is inappropriate. Usually I am waiting between 35-45 minutes past my scheduled time. Additionally, the doctor spends maybe 5 minutes with you. The staff is extremely rude and never return your phone calls - no matter how many messages you leave. They took a full week to refill my "urgent" refill, despite the fact that I called every day and was transferred by the office manager to their VMs - they never "got my messages." My primary care physician was very concerned at the length of time I was off my medication. The pharmacies in town do also not like to work with this doctor because he 1) doesn't return their phone calls with questions 2) doesn't sign the prescriptions and 3) never responds to refills or faxes. I will say the new office manager is fantastic, I had great interactions with her. The sad thing is that I am not even sure if the doctor is fully aware of the significant problems, but his physicians assistants definitely weigh which patients they think are important have no problem making you wait for days and even weeks. In McMinnville this doctor and the office has an awful reputation too for many additional reasons.

August 22nd, 2012
awful
this man was extremely rude and nasty and did not remove all of my melanoma. I had to go to OHSU to have it done right and with wonderful doctor.