A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Eckert:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Richard Eckert is Good.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Eckert
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Eckert Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Eckert, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Leg Fracture (Tibial Fractures)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Soft Tissue Injuries
Education & Awards
Dr. Eckert graduated from UMDNJ, Newark.
Dr. Eckert has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Carilion Giles Memorial Hospital
- Lewis-Gale Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Richard Russell Eckert MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 28 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Richard R. Eckert practice?
- Dr. Richard Eckert has 1 office location.
Dr. Richard Eckert practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Roanoke, VA.
See Roanoke Surgeons.