Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion.
Great Doctor, Awful Staff show details Great Doctor, Awful Staff
by Patient Patient on Apr 7th, 2015

Dr Elia is a fine, caring doctor, however he is not worth seeing with an office staff as rude an unprofessional as they are. In particular to one woman there who calls herself a nurse. Finally found a new doctor because of this. The only reason I gave the staff one star, is this app won't allow to enter zero.

Would recommend, but would love to have some follow up show details Would recommend, but would love to have some follow up
by Nick on Mar 10th, 2015

Great doctor, needs to follow up more often as I get "referrals" for things and no one ever calls. The only time I get to talk to him is when I am in an appointment. He has a great demeanor and really seems to care, but I just wish he would follow up with his own recommendations. As far as the front staff is concerned. HORRIBLE! Rude, condescending and unprofessional to the highest level. Dr. Elia deserves a quality office staff.

horrible front office staff show details horrible front office staff
by Ryan on Jan 13th, 2015

Front office staff is horrible.....

Dec 2nd, 2014

I've seen Dr. Elia a couple of times, a couple of years ago and recently called to schedule an appointment with him to establish care again. Instead I was asked multiple questions about my health such as if I'm taking any medications, am I having pain, when was the last time I was seen by a doctor, when was the last time I had a physical etc. Then I was placed on hold, then was told that the Dr. is not taking any new patients. I thought humm strange, I'm not "new" . I don't have any health issues, just wanted a "good " PCP, and all of a sudden after answering a couple of medical questions I'm told oh the Dr. is not accepting new patients. When I seen him in the past he seemed like he would be a great Dr. But after that call kinda makes me think he possibly thought I would be a complicated patient and didn't want to try to deal with me. That's fine, must be sign for me not to waste my time or theirs.

Nov 3rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

A great doctor who treats you like a patient and not just a number. Highly recommended!!

Oct 22nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Elia has been my family physician for more than six years. Wonderful experience.

Oct 21st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Elia is one of the most knowledgeable doctors I've ever been to. He genuinely cares for his patients, and has wonderful, "bedside manner"! I highly recommend him to my friends and patients. Dr. Ken Ritter

Oct 15th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Appreciate the ease of getting an appointment and not having to wait long to see the doctor. He is easy to talk to and you feel confident in his knowledge of your issues and solutions.

Oct 7th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I highly recommend any one to Dr. Elia. Always prompt. Very thorough. Checks up on me when I have problems to make sure the medicene is working.

Oct 7th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I love Dr Elia but his office staff is not very friendly and sometimes makes me feel inferior when I call with a follow up as per doctors orders. Again I love the Dr but office staff is important as well. Patients should feel welcome and be respected.

by Still Waiting.... on Oct 6th, 2014

I think Dr is great BUT......It is so hard to get a referral to another Dr. for care. I have called the Dr. office and had many problems with the office staff. They continue to have way too many excuses. 4 phone calls and 6 weeks later I still have no referral to another Dr. for special care. The staff tells me "its the Dr." and the Dr. tells me "the staff will take care of this" Not sure what to do at this point. I like the Dr. but the follow is terrible.

Sep 30th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

So glad I changed doctors he is great!

Sep 26th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I had one primary care physican for about 35 years, Dr. Elia took over his practice and I am throughly pleased with Dr. Elia. His office staff is nice, office clean, his professional caring maner is great, thanks to Dr. Elia and his staff!!! Annie

Sep 26th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Elia has been very professional in his approach to my care and I appreciate the dedicated and conscientious care he and his office provide

Sep 13th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

DR.ELIA is the BEST.

Sep 11th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Elia was very attentive. I didn't feel like he was rushing to get me out. It was really refreshing to find a doctor who cares about the patients well being and not just how many patients they can cram in their shift. The office staff was friendly.

Sep 9th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr Elia is awesome!,,,, never have to wait and he always takes care of my concerns

Read Full Review at patientfusion.com
Hurry up and wait show details Hurry up and wait
by Mr. Review on Aug 29th, 2014

It is an office that takes pride in making you wait, it is a office that is staffed by sub standard receptionist and a Doctor that would never give me the time of day if I met him in the grocery store. I should have done better research on this guys practice before trusting him with my health.

Aug 26th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

It would be very nice if the Doctor would accept Tri-Care West. Maybe then I would see him for more than my allergy shot.

Aug 20th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

No waiting at all--got called in immediately, even though I arrived 15 mins early. Dr. is really awesome--easy to communicate with, a good listener, and is very clear on what he's doing and recommending.

Aug 16th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Good doctor.

Jun 18th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I had a pleasure to meet dr alia. I don't have much to say because I'm new patient and hope I get to know him and his knowledge in future.

Jun 18th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Live dr Elia !!! Didn't have an appointment and he took me anyway!

Jun 15th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Alia is an awesome replacement for my prior doctor of 30 years, Dr. August Gerdes, who retired last year. He has a very pleasant and personable demeanor and for a doctor that is great. His medical proficiency is excellent and I would recommend him.

Jun 13th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Very good communication, he took his time and asked me medical history questions instead of me checking a box on a piece of paper. He makes you feel he really cares. So glad I found him to be my GP.

May 30th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

After my long time doctor passed away suddenly last year, I was forced to find a new doctor. I was very weary of trying to build a relationship with a new doctor, but Dr Elia was very professional, caring & addressed my concerns.

May 15th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

All staff is friendly.

May 14th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

my visit was a fallowup for my medications and everything was good

Apr 30th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Elia and his staff are the best!

Apr 30th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Elia provided me with the medical care, understanding and explanations of my health concerns I was looking for. I am confident Dr. Elia will be my doctor for years to come.

Apr 25th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Elia, has always taken the necessary time to explain in full any questions or concerns I have had regarding my health. He and his staff are very attentive and professional. He actually reads the charts and is concerned to help me with my ailments.

Apr 22nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I don't know how he does it but the only thing you feel from the allergy shot is the cotton swab...and I am already feeling better

Apr 21st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr Elia is well informed and will put things or explains things in an understanding way.

Apr 8th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

makes me feel comfortable and I have faith and confidence is his care.

Apr 5th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

First time to visit Doctor. Excellent experience. No wait, talked about long term health.

Mar 28th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Initial visit 30 minutes. Questions and answers went well. Took notes. Doctor was intent on getting all information as needed.

Mar 19th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr.Elias showed interest in my health , and is an excellent communicator.

Mar 17th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

the visit to mr elia's office was excellent

Mar 17th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Great doctor. Always listens and has a solution.

Mar 11th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

It was my pleasure Meeting Dr. Elia and hid friendly staff.

Mar 4th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

He really seemed to listen, think, and have ideas. Also seemed interested in furthering education for himself. Didn't feel rushed, which was nice.

Feb 19th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

We are so disappointed with the front staff. Called twice to get in and could not get an appointment for a week. Ended up in emergency with severe kidney infecton. Now want to charge for our records. Very rude and and unprofessional office help.

Feb 5th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I was very impressed with him and I will recommend him to people. He is a great doctor.

Jan 31st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I felt like a patient and not a number. Very hard to find but very happy.

Jan 29th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Great first experience. Looking forward to developing a long-term relationship.

Jan 28th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Genuine care and compassion. Thorough. We'll prepared .

Jan 25th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr.is Elia is great would highly rec. him

Read Full Review at patientfusion.com
unprofessional office and staff show details unprofessional office and staff
Jan 22nd, 2014

I'd been a patient of Dr. Elia for about 3 yrs and was good with everything, but when he wanted me to go on a med I couldn't afford, he wouldn't even call me (and I left a number of messages) to discuss another option. His receptionist, Lynne, is very substandard. She talks SO much, and she will not listen to what the patient has to say. She is rude and thinks she knows everything. I waited for 6 weeks and never got a call. My pharmacist finally called for me to discuss another option, and the dr finally called to tell me he would prescribe a different med, but also told me I was no longer his patient. He told me he was "too busy" with other patients (because the other dr in the office had retired) and he didn't have time to deal with me and my insurance co. He also insinuated that my pharmacy was "not up to current levels" which is kinda funny because my pharmacist is one of the most highly acclaimed pharm D in the state of CA. He also told me, that he was in control of my meds, not my pharmacist, and that I had to do things his way . I'm sorry, but a pharm D has more knowledge about drugs and actually has more authority than an MD!! So, thanks Dr Elia, for showing your true colors, and for defending an office girl who is only going to lose you patients. You two deserve each other. I hope a lot of people read this, and decide not to make him their dr. He doesn't care about the patient, only his own ego and pocket book.

Jan 22nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr Elia was very pleasant and professional. He was knowledgeable and addressed all my questions and concerns. Scheduling an appointment was not smooth as I was put on hold twice for a long period of time.

Jan 21st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Elia is a sweetheart and patient doctor. He takes his time and discusses everything to my understanding.. At my age that means a lot. He has a great staff and I look forward to at least another 30 years with him as my Doctor.

Read Full Review at patientfusion.com
Love Him! show details Love Him!
by S.Y. on Jan 16th, 2014

My family has been seeing Dr. Elia for years- we followed him from another office. The wait time at his office is never more than 5 minutes. Dr. Elia is the most caring, concerned doctor I've had. I have never felt rushed and he takes time to patiently listen to my kids explain their ails. He is a wonderful family doctor and I cannot recommend him highly enough. I have never experienced rude staff, so I am unsure about the other reviews. Dr. Elia's staff always calls back when they say they will and Dr. Elia himself calls to check in on the kids after he's seen them. I'm so glad we have him!

Jan 16th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Elia has always given me quick appointments at the times when I became ill before my annual check up. The staff is always friendly and the treatment is effective.

Jan 16th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

First visit! Informative and thorough! Would recommend to friends and family!

Jan 11th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

best shot I ever had. Absolutely painless . took the time & interest to cover all the bases.

Jan 7th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Very professional; resolved my issues. Extremely reliable.

Jan 4th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

This was my first time seeing Dr. Elia, since my doctor had retired. Dr. Elia showed he was extremely concerned for my health and took great care of me! I definitely recommend Dr. Elia to all of my family and friends! Thank you Dr. Elia.

Jan 3rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr Elia is an exceptional provider and has become a friend as well. Our family and friends are referred to him whenever the need for a physician comes up!

Jan 3rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

If your looking for a caring, considerate and passionate Doctor, then I highly recommend Dr. Elia. He truly cares about his patients. Also, he is very comfortable to discuss very discreet issues with.

Read Full Review at patientfusion.com
Great family doctor show details Great family doctor
by Jessica on Jul 16th, 2013

When I found this doctor I was so happy because all the other offices I called had rude receptionists. I think the receptionist I talked to at first was Lynne (not sure) but she was very nice. The himself is great and always smiling and is great with my kids. He is extremely friendly and really knows how to interact with children. My problem is with Brittany (or however you spell her name). I have waited for over a week for the doctor to fill out my sons physical form so that he can attend preschool. The physical was performed almost two weeks ago. When I called to check to see what was going on after a few days she all but told me to stop calling and she would call me. I gave them the slip on Monday and today is now Tuesday and I do jot expect to hear back from them. I doubt I will even hear back from them by the end of this week. I am not a confrontational person but this is upsetting and I feel like I should go to the office and sit there until they give me the filled out form and then sever ties with this office, which is a shame because I really like the doctor.

by Roy Goetz on Jun 4th, 2013

I don't know about the dr. I can't even make a first appointment because the office staff can't be bothered with you. I called and was told I wasn't on the list, so I am to call my insurance company, I call the Insurance company and they say I am on the list, so I call the dr office and they still tell me I am not on the list without even checking. Office staff is very rude and cannot be bothered, so now am going to different dr.

Grateful show details Grateful
Mar 8th, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Elia's for a few years now and recently had an urgent medical issue... I just want to say Dr. Elia and his office girl quickley and efficently got me the answers I needed with ease and compassion.. I have read some of the negative reviews and must say I have been in the office for appointments and have witnessed how unreasonable and RUDE other patients can be. Maybe if they tried to be nice to the staff they would recieve the same kindness and respect in return as my family and I have as Dr. Elia's patients. I highly recomend Dr. Elia and love the office girl.

Ok Doctor, Aweful Staff show details Ok Doctor, Aweful Staff
Mar 5th, 2013

Dr. Elia is a pretty good doctor, however his office staff is terrible. Going to the doctor is stressful enough as it is and a lot of the time, people don't feel their best. His staff is rude and very unprofessional. Phone calls are not returned, in addition to not being able to get tests scheduled....his staffs responsibility??? It is for this reason I found a new physician.

Dr. Elia show details Dr. Elia
by sjl on Jan 24th, 2013

Dr. Elia is a great doctor I was his very first patient. love love love him. His staff leaves alot to be desired. Rude, Inefficent regarding getting information to Dr.for RX's and more often than not no return phone call. I think that this is a sittuation than needs immediate attention if he wants to keep his practice thriving.

Sep 11th, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Elia for over two years now and just appreciate the caring he shows. I have to admit that his receptionist and office staff could improve on professionalism. I have been referring family and friends to him ever since I started going to see him. Recently my wife tried to make an appointment and the lady kept saying ill call you back and never called back. Again great doctor bad front office lady...

Great Doctor!!! HORRIBLE STAFF show details Great Doctor!!! HORRIBLE STAFF
Aug 28th, 2012

I can only hope Dr. Elia does not know how badly his staff treats people. The staff from the office manager down are rude, condesending, unkind and ignorant. I have never been treated worse in my life.I no longer used Dr. Elia's services for the reasons stated above.

Jun 26th, 2012

Dr.Elia was by far one of the very best Doctors I have expierenced. He and his staff are very kind and knowlegable. I felt my needs were completely met by his office and my whole family now gets to expierence the pleasure of having Dr. Elia as their Doctor as well.. Thanks Again,AK

May 10th, 2012

Mr. David Shapazian show details Mr. David Shapazian
Apr 23rd, 2012

I have never had an experience in any Doctors office as pleasent as I had with Dr. Elia and his office staff this morning. I waited all of two minutes to get in and Dr. Elia spent ample time discussing all of my present health issues. I cannot thank them enough!

Good doctor - Poor office staff show details Good doctor - Poor office staff
Feb 29th, 2012

Dr. Elia is a very good doctor and I felt very comfortable with him. However, his office staff is a different story. In my experience, if you have a billing problem or question, they do not appear to want to help you at all with any issues as they tell you to just call your insurance company. It's like you are a bother to them and they have other things to do. For that and a few other reasons, we have moved to another doctor. But that's just my personal experience - your mileage may vary.

Jan 10th, 2012

Dr. Elia's office staff are condescending

Great Doctor! show details Great Doctor!
Dec 1st, 2011

I have HMO and had been very unhappy with my Dr. After some researching online, my husband came across Dr. Elia's profile. After reading all of the positive reviews, I decided to try him out. I could not be happier! Dr. Elia is amazing. He has wonderful bedside manner, spends a good amount of time with you, really listens and is very up to date with the latest technology and medications. I have never had even a slight problem with the staff, they are always very welcoming and accommodating. They even took me as a walk in for a flu shot! Although the office is a bit dated, it is always very clean and organized. I highly recommend Dr. Elia!

What a horrible staff show details What a horrible staff
Aug 22nd, 2011

I haven't seen the doctor yet but I can tell you that his staff is condescending and dismissive. If he hadn't some so highly recommended I certainly would look elsewhere.

May 17th, 2011

Dr. Elia is an amazing doctor. He is very caring, easy to get into when sick and great at diagnosing problems. I am sorry that people have had issue with the staff. He is currently sharing an office with another doctor so the reviews from 2009 in regards to the staff are not accurate because he has a different staff now. I would not recommend anyone but Dr. Elia!

My overall experience show details My overall experience
by bzhofa on Feb 8th, 2011

I no longer live in this area, so i really miss that my son will no longer have him for his doctor, he was a wonderful doc very concerned and courteousy always

office staff lacks courtesy show details office staff lacks courtesy
Oct 13th, 2010

I really like not waiting in a room full of packed in sick people for 45 miniutes. However, the only down side was the office staff. When calling they sound so stern and like the reviwer from 2009 said, like your bothering them. I was too embarressed to tell the doctor this, so I hope he reviews these ratings and comments.

Apr 12th, 2010

In my profession I get to know many of the physicians in town and Dr. Elia is definatly one one the best.

Recommend show details Recommend
by Jeff Hall on Dec 9th, 2009

I wasnt happy with my primary care physician, so after reading some positive reviews online I decided to give Dr Elia a try. It was the best experience I've ever had at a doctors office. It's so hard to find a doctor that actually cares and doesnt treat you like a number. He makes personal calls to his patients to fill them in on test results which is nice, and he is very knowledgable. Would recommend him to anyone

Life Saver show details Life Saver
by Daniel Strobel on Nov 9th, 2009

I met Dr. Elia almost a year ago to the day. I remember it well, it was Nov. 6. I had been quite sick for two months, and my regular doctor did pretty much nothing to find the problem. In my first meeting with Dr. Elia, he ordered blood work, and called me later that evening. He thought is was leukemia, and his diagnosis was correct. had I waited any longer to seek a new doctor out, I most likely would have died. He visited me a week later as I nearly did not make it at St. Agnes due to infection and chemo. He is caring and I trust my family with his care.

Patient show details Patient
Nov 5th, 2009

Dr. Elia's new staff is very warm, friendly, and welcoming. They were eager to accommodate my work schedule.

patient show details patient
by Tom Storey on Sep 2nd, 2009

The first time i went to Dr. Elia i new i found my doctor. the next evening he called to check on my progress,and that told me what i needed to know.since then i have been releived to have a doctor i could trust.

May 5th, 2009

I have only seen him twice, he was super nice, but the staff is not friendly. When you call they treat you like you are bothering them. Courtesy and proffesionalism from the front desk staff is very poor!