Family Practitioner

275 W Herndon Ave
Clovis, CA 93612
559-324-6220
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

|  unprofessional office and staff  |  show details
Jan 22nd, 2014

I'd been a patient of Dr. Elia for about 3 yrs and was good with everything, but when he wanted me to go on a med I couldn't afford, he wouldn't even call me (and I left a number of messages) to discuss another option. His receptionist, Lynne, is very substandard. She talks SO much, and she will not listen to what the patient has to say. She is rude and thinks she knows everything. I waited for 6 weeks and never got a call. My pharmacist finally called for me to discuss another option, and the dr finally called to tell me he would prescribe a different med, but also told me I was no longer his patient. He told me he was "too busy" with other patients (because the other dr in the office had retired) and he didn't have time to deal with me and my insurance co. He also insinuated that my pharmacy was "not up to current levels" which is kinda funny because my pharmacist is one of the most highly acclaimed pharm D in the state of CA. He also told me, that he was in control of my meds, not my pharmacist, and that I had to do things his way . I'm sorry, but a pharm D has more knowledge about drugs and actually has more authority than an MD!! So, thanks Dr Elia, for showing your true colors, and for defending an office girl who is only going to lose you patients. You two deserve each other. I hope a lot of people read this, and decide not to make him their dr. He doesn't care about the patient, only his own ego and pocket book.

|  Love Him!  |  show details
by S.Y. on Jan 16th, 2014

My family has been seeing Dr. Elia for years- we followed him from another office. The wait time at his office is never more than 5 minutes. Dr. Elia is the most caring, concerned doctor I've had. I have never felt rushed and he takes time to patiently listen to my kids explain their ails. He is a wonderful family doctor and I cannot recommend him highly enough. I have never experienced rude staff, so I am unsure about the other reviews. Dr. Elia's staff always calls back when they say they will and Dr. Elia himself calls to check in on the kids after he's seen them. I'm so glad we have him!

|  Great family doctor  |  show details
by Jessica on Jul 16th, 2013

When I found this doctor I was so happy because all the other offices I called had rude receptionists. I think the receptionist I talked to at first was Lynne (not sure) but she was very nice. The himself is great and always smiling and is great with my kids. He is extremely friendly and really knows how to interact with children. My problem is with Brittany (or however you spell her name). I have waited for over a week for the doctor to fill out my sons physical form so that he can attend preschool. The physical was performed almost two weeks ago. When I called to check to see what was going on after a few days she all but told me to stop calling and she would call me. I gave them the slip on Monday and today is now Tuesday and I do jot expect to hear back from them. I doubt I will even hear back from them by the end of this week. I am not a confrontational person but this is upsetting and I feel like I should go to the office and sit there until they give me the filled out form and then sever ties with this office, which is a shame because I really like the doctor.

by Roy Goetz on Jun 4th, 2013

I don't know about the dr. I can't even make a first appointment because the office staff can't be bothered with you. I called and was told I wasn't on the list, so I am to call my insurance company, I call the Insurance company and they say I am on the list, so I call the dr office and they still tell me I am not on the list without even checking. Office staff is very rude and cannot be bothered, so now am going to different dr.

|  Grateful  |  show details
Mar 8th, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Elia's for a few years now and recently had an urgent medical issue... I just want to say Dr. Elia and his office girl quickley and efficently got me the answers I needed with ease and compassion.. I have read some of the negative reviews and must say I have been in the office for appointments and have witnessed how unreasonable and RUDE other patients can be. Maybe if they tried to be nice to the staff they would recieve the same kindness and respect in return as my family and I have as Dr. Elia's patients. I highly recomend Dr. Elia and love the office girl.

|  Ok Doctor, Aweful Staff  |  show details
Mar 5th, 2013

Dr. Elia is a pretty good doctor, however his office staff is terrible. Going to the doctor is stressful enough as it is and a lot of the time, people don't feel their best. His staff is rude and very unprofessional. Phone calls are not returned, in addition to not being able to get tests scheduled....his staffs responsibility??? It is for this reason I found a new physician.

|  Dr. Elia  |  show details
by sjl on Jan 24th, 2013

Dr. Elia is a great doctor I was his very first patient. love love love him. His staff leaves alot to be desired. Rude, Inefficent regarding getting information to Dr.for RX's and more often than not no return phone call. I think that this is a sittuation than needs immediate attention if he wants to keep his practice thriving.

Sep 11th, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Elia for over two years now and just appreciate the caring he shows. I have to admit that his receptionist and office staff could improve on professionalism. I have been referring family and friends to him ever since I started going to see him. Recently my wife tried to make an appointment and the lady kept saying ill call you back and never called back. Again great doctor bad front office lady...

|  Great Doctor!!! HORRIBLE STAFF  |  show details
Aug 28th, 2012

I can only hope Dr. Elia does not know how badly his staff treats people. The staff from the office manager down are rude, condesending, unkind and ignorant. I have never been treated worse in my life.I no longer used Dr. Elia's services for the reasons stated above.

Jun 26th, 2012

Dr.Elia was by far one of the very best Doctors I have expierenced. He and his staff are very kind and knowlegable. I felt my needs were completely met by his office and my whole family now gets to expierence the pleasure of having Dr. Elia as their Doctor as well.. Thanks Again,AK

May 10th, 2012

|  Mr. David Shapazian  |  show details
Apr 23rd, 2012

I have never had an experience in any Doctors office as pleasent as I had with Dr. Elia and his office staff this morning. I waited all of two minutes to get in and Dr. Elia spent ample time discussing all of my present health issues. I cannot thank them enough!

|  Good doctor - Poor office staff  |  show details
Feb 29th, 2012

Dr. Elia is a very good doctor and I felt very comfortable with him. However, his office staff is a different story. In my experience, if you have a billing problem or question, they do not appear to want to help you at all with any issues as they tell you to just call your insurance company. It's like you are a bother to them and they have other things to do. For that and a few other reasons, we have moved to another doctor. But that's just my personal experience - your mileage may vary.

Jan 10th, 2012

Dr. Elia's office staff are condescending

|  Great Doctor!  |  show details
Dec 1st, 2011

I have HMO and had been very unhappy with my Dr. After some researching online, my husband came across Dr. Elia's profile. After reading all of the positive reviews, I decided to try him out. I could not be happier! Dr. Elia is amazing. He has wonderful bedside manner, spends a good amount of time with you, really listens and is very up to date with the latest technology and medications. I have never had even a slight problem with the staff, they are always very welcoming and accommodating. They even took me as a walk in for a flu shot! Although the office is a bit dated, it is always very clean and organized. I highly recommend Dr. Elia!

|  What a horrible staff  |  show details
Aug 22nd, 2011

I haven't seen the doctor yet but I can tell you that his staff is condescending and dismissive. If he hadn't some so highly recommended I certainly would look elsewhere.

May 17th, 2011

Dr. Elia is an amazing doctor. He is very caring, easy to get into when sick and great at diagnosing problems. I am sorry that people have had issue with the staff. He is currently sharing an office with another doctor so the reviews from 2009 in regards to the staff are not accurate because he has a different staff now. I would not recommend anyone but Dr. Elia!

|  My overall experience  |  show details
by bzhofa on Feb 8th, 2011

I no longer live in this area, so i really miss that my son will no longer have him for his doctor, he was a wonderful doc very concerned and courteousy always

|  office staff lacks courtesy  |  show details
Oct 13th, 2010

I really like not waiting in a room full of packed in sick people for 45 miniutes. However, the only down side was the office staff. When calling they sound so stern and like the reviwer from 2009 said, like your bothering them. I was too embarressed to tell the doctor this, so I hope he reviews these ratings and comments.

Apr 12th, 2010

In my profession I get to know many of the physicians in town and Dr. Elia is definatly one one the best.

|  Recommend  |  show details
by Jeff Hall on Dec 9th, 2009

I wasnt happy with my primary care physician, so after reading some positive reviews online I decided to give Dr Elia a try. It was the best experience I've ever had at a doctors office. It's so hard to find a doctor that actually cares and doesnt treat you like a number. He makes personal calls to his patients to fill them in on test results which is nice, and he is very knowledgable. Would recommend him to anyone

|  Life Saver  |  show details
by Daniel Strobel on Nov 9th, 2009

I met Dr. Elia almost a year ago to the day. I remember it well, it was Nov. 6. I had been quite sick for two months, and my regular doctor did pretty much nothing to find the problem. In my first meeting with Dr. Elia, he ordered blood work, and called me later that evening. He thought is was leukemia, and his diagnosis was correct. had I waited any longer to seek a new doctor out, I most likely would have died. He visited me a week later as I nearly did not make it at St. Agnes due to infection and chemo. He is caring and I trust my family with his care.

|  Patient  |  show details
Nov 5th, 2009

Dr. Elia's new staff is very warm, friendly, and welcoming. They were eager to accommodate my work schedule.

|  patient  |  show details
by Tom Storey on Sep 2nd, 2009

The first time i went to Dr. Elia i new i found my doctor. the next evening he called to check on my progress,and that told me what i needed to know.since then i have been releived to have a doctor i could trust.

May 5th, 2009

I have only seen him twice, he was super nice, but the staff is not friendly. When you call they treat you like you are bothering them. Courtesy and proffesionalism from the front desk staff is very poor!