Dr. Richard Elia Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Richard Elia?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Richard Elia?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

February 4th, 2016

Great doctor Bad office

HIs office staff is absolutely awful. I have been his patient for almost a year, and he is an awesome doctor, but I am so fed up with his office that i have decided to go to a different doctor. It is too bad.

April 7th, 2015

Great Doctor, Awful Staff

Dr Elia is a fine, caring doctor, however he is not worth seeing with an office staff as rude an unprofessional as they are. In particular to one woman there who calls herself a nurse. Finally found a new doctor because of this. The only reason I gave the staff one star, is this app won't allow to enter zero.

March 10th, 2015

Would recommend, but would love to have some follow up

Great doctor, needs to follow up more often as I get "referrals" for things and no one ever calls. The only time I get to talk to him is when I am in an appointment. He has a great demeanor and really seems to care, but I just wish he would follow up with his own recommendations. As far as the front staff is concerned. HORRIBLE! Rude, condescending and unprofessional to the highest level. Dr. Elia deserves a quality office staff.

December 3rd, 2014

I've seen Dr. Elia a couple of times, a couple of years ago and recently called to schedule an appointment with him to establish care again. Instead I was asked multiple questions about my health such as if I'm taking any medications, am I having pain, when was the last time I was seen by a doctor, when was the last time I had a physical etc. Then I was placed on hold, then was told that the Dr. is not taking any new patients. I thought humm strange, I'm not "new" . I don't have any health issues, just wanted a "good " PCP, and all of a sudden after answering a couple of medical questions I'm told oh the Dr. is not accepting new patients. When I seen him in the past he seemed like he would be a great Dr. But after that call kinda makes me think he possibly thought I would be a complicated patient and didn't want to try to deal with me. That's fine, must be sign for me not to waste my time or theirs.

October 6th, 2014

I think Dr is great BUT......It is so hard to get a referral to another Dr. for care. I have called the Dr. office and had many problems with the office staff. They continue to have way too many excuses. 4 phone calls and 6 weeks later I still have no referral to another Dr. for special care. The staff tells me "its the Dr." and the Dr. tells me "the staff will take care of this" Not sure what to do at this point. I like the Dr. but the follow is terrible.

August 29th, 2014

Hurry up and wait

It is an office that takes pride in making you wait, it is a office that is staffed by sub standard receptionist and a Doctor that would never give me the time of day if I met him in the grocery store. I should have done better research on this guys practice before trusting him with my health.

January 22nd, 2014

unprofessional office and staff

I'd been a patient of Dr. Elia for about 3 yrs and was good with everything, but when he wanted me to go on a med I couldn't afford, he wouldn't even call me (and I left a number of messages) to discuss another option. His receptionist, Lynne, is very substandard. She talks SO much, and she will not listen to what the patient has to say. She is rude and thinks she knows everything. I waited for 6 weeks and never got a call. My pharmacist finally called for me to discuss another option, and the dr finally called to tell me he would prescribe a different med, but also told me I was no longer his patient. He told me he was "too busy" with other patients (because the other dr in the office had retired) and he didn't have time to deal with me and my insurance co. He also insinuated that my pharmacy was "not up to current levels" which is kinda funny because my pharmacist is one of the most highly acclaimed pharm D in the state of CA. He also told me, that he was in control of my meds, not my pharmacist, and that I had to do things his way . I'm sorry, but a pharm D has more knowledge about drugs and actually has more authority than an MD!! So, thanks Dr Elia, for showing your true colors, and for defending an office girl who is only going to lose you patients. You two deserve each other. I hope a lot of people read this, and decide not to make him their dr. He doesn't care about the patient, only his own ego and pocket book.

January 16th, 2014

Love Him!

My family has been seeing Dr. Elia for years- we followed him from another office. The wait time at his office is never more than 5 minutes. Dr. Elia is the most caring, concerned doctor I've had. I have never felt rushed and he takes time to patiently listen to my kids explain their ails. He is a wonderful family doctor and I cannot recommend him highly enough. I have never experienced rude staff, so I am unsure about the other reviews. Dr. Elia's staff always calls back when they say they will and Dr. Elia himself calls to check in on the kids after he's seen them. I'm so glad we have him!

July 16th, 2013

Great family doctor

When I found this doctor I was so happy because all the other offices I called had rude receptionists. I think the receptionist I talked to at first was Lynne (not sure) but she was very nice. The himself is great and always smiling and is great with my kids. He is extremely friendly and really knows how to interact with children. My problem is with Brittany (or however you spell her name). I have waited for over a week for the doctor to fill out my sons physical form so that he can attend preschool. The physical was performed almost two weeks ago. When I called to check to see what was going on after a few days she all but told me to stop calling and she would call me. I gave them the slip on Monday and today is now Tuesday and I do jot expect to hear back from them. I doubt I will even hear back from them by the end of this week. I am not a confrontational person but this is upsetting and I feel like I should go to the office and sit there until they give me the filled out form and then sever ties with this office, which is a shame because I really like the doctor.

June 4th, 2013

I don't know about the dr. I can't even make a first appointment because the office staff can't be bothered with you. I called and was told I wasn't on the list, so I am to call my insurance company, I call the Insurance company and they say I am on the list, so I call the dr office and they still tell me I am not on the list without even checking. Office staff is very rude and cannot be bothered, so now am going to different dr.

March 8th, 2013

Grateful

I have been a patient of Dr. Elia's for a few years now and recently had an urgent medical issue... I just want to say Dr. Elia and his office girl quickley and efficently got me the answers I needed with ease and compassion.. I have read some of the negative reviews and must say I have been in the office for appointments and have witnessed how unreasonable and RUDE other patients can be. Maybe if they tried to be nice to the staff they would recieve the same kindness and respect in return as my family and I have as Dr. Elia's patients. I highly recomend Dr. Elia and love the office girl.

March 5th, 2013

Ok Doctor, Aweful Staff

Dr. Elia is a pretty good doctor, however his office staff is terrible. Going to the doctor is stressful enough as it is and a lot of the time, people don't feel their best. His staff is rude and very unprofessional. Phone calls are not returned, in addition to not being able to get tests scheduled....his staffs responsibility??? It is for this reason I found a new physician.