Richard J Emerson, DO
2222 E Highland Ave
Ste 300
Phoenix, AZ 85016
602-277-6211
Locations and availability (4)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Karen W on Jun 12th, 2014

I loved Dr. Emerson bedside manner. He was so knowledgable and caring. I was seeing him for a broken foot and had also fractured my pevis which was referred to another doctor by he said he could take care of me for that too. What a BLESSING!! The man is an angel and should continue his practice as long as he can. I live somewhere else but drive to Scottsdale just to see him.

|  knee surgery. patella tendon transfer, quad release and patella clean up. 20plus years ago  |  show details
by TINA M. HILLIKER on Dec 12th, 2013

I was looking for DR. EMERSON AGAIN AS MY RIGHT KNEE IS WORN OUT NOW REQUIRING SURGERY. WOULD BE RECOMEND A DR.? I was with him in pop Warner football and hold him in very HIGH RESPECT. HE HELPED ME DURING A ROUGH TIME AND NOW I'm in need of a good orthopedic surgeon. May I say hello to you and your family. Justtina@gmail.com 602-515-1265

|  Typical Modern Medicine  |  show details
by Julia Kosmo on Aug 8th, 2013

Wait times depends on which office you see him. Scottsdale = long waits; Glendale = get seen quickly. Doc. Emerson is in his 70's - no longer does surgery and only works a few days a week. I think he is qualified and compassionate. I just don't think he is that interested. His office initiates nothing; you have to do all your own follow-up although the office staff is nice enough. Fortunately my problem resolved itself without surgery. As much as I liked him as a person, I don't think I would go back if I has a serious ortho problem.

Jul 10th, 2013

This doctor is one of the rudest doctors I have ever met. We brought my elderly mother in for an opinion. His office staff took multiple x-rays. Then he proceeded to give us the riot act about not having enough information for him. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone, unless you are looking for a pompous doctor who would rather chastise you rather than do the evaluation he is paid for by the insurance.

|  A TRUE PROFESSIONAL  |  show details
Nov 11th, 2012

Could not ask for more or better than Dr. Emerson. He has experience in surgery but currently assesses situation and makes accurate recommendations. He was instrumental in having my torn rotator cuff repaired and personally treated my arthritic knees. THE BEST!!

|  Horrible Experience  |  show details
Jun 7th, 2012

I had a shoulder injury. It took about 10 days just to get an initial appointment. When i went in, i sat for over 1hr before they saw me. When i finally saw the doctor, he asked me what happened, and then left the room. Literally less than 5 minutes. I was told by his assistant that i would need immediate surgery buy another specialist (that would call me immediatly). A couple days later i had to follow up since nobody called. The office was claiming my insurance carrier was holding everything up. I called my insurance and they said they don't have anything on record. I called back the doctor and they said they just submitted. Nothing but a run-a-round. I finally found a differnt company/doctor who was able to see me, spent over 30 mintues with me, and had follow ups with me ALL BEFORE this office called me back one week later. I WOULD NEVER recomend this doctor or office to anyone.

Feb 21st, 2012

always there! inspires confidence and excellence

|  HE IS THE BEST AROUND  |  show details
Jun 24th, 2009

I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO SATISFIED, COMING FROM EVERY SUNS PLAYER IN THE DAY, FROM DIFFERENT NBA PLAYERS ALL AROUND, TO EVERY DAY AVERAGE PEOPLE. HUGE THANKS TO HIM, HIS STAFF, AND FAMILY!!!!