inactive

Richard S Epter Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

September 15th, 2016
Patient
I suffered thru pain for 7 years . Went to many Doctors. Some recommend him and gave him a try. I have been pain free since seeing him.

July 2nd, 2015
Dr Epterand his staff are The Best!

June 26th, 2015
Absolutely the worst experience with a medical office I have ever had. After a long wait the first thing he did after speaking to me is told me he wanted to do a injection procedure. I told him I already had 3 of them along with x-rays, MRI's and other test and to ask my last Dr from out of state for my medical records. I was told they did not need them. They gave me a prescription which I had some bad side effects. I called and left a message for his PA Magen on a Friday morning at 8:00 am. They returned my call the next Monday at 6:00 pm. Not a very compassionate group. I'll never go back. Felt like nobody there really cared about me. Stay away!

March 30th, 2015
Great experience,all wonderful and courteous staff except for his PA, Megan( I think that was her name) she never interduced herself ,is never courteous, always appears to be in a hurrying , detached, automatom and appears to just be doing a job , does not care about her patient , shows absolutely NO compassion ( saw her on 3 different occasions ,was consistently the same).After the first experience I decided not to continue, however after meeting Dr Epter and other staff ,I am so glad I did ,because I am feeling so much better. Thanks to the great work by the Dr and the rest of his staff. Would definitely recommend this practice.

March 30th, 2015
dissapointed and frustrated
I went to this doctor only once. I have chronic back pain. Between the waiting room and the exam room I waited at no less than two and a half hours. The exam room was uncomfortably cold; so, by the time he came I was having back spasms from being tense. There was a woman in another room who apparently had an extremely long wait also. When he finally went to her she demanded to have her records and left without treatment. In addition to a long wait, he did a voice recording of my visit. I heard him record that narcotics was in my system. I told him that was incorrect and that I only took Ambien which is not a narcotic. He motioned for me to be quiet. He was the first doctor I visited regarding my back and I never went back.

January 11th, 2015
Very satisfied. Would recommend to a friend.

November 19th, 2014
So--so
I saw Dr. Epter for several epidural steroid injections for 2 herniated disks, degenerative disk disease, and spinal stenosis before having surgery. They were a stopgap measure until I could schedule time for surgery, and the treatment worked well for that purpose. This was several years ago. The waits were impossibly long--maybe an hour if we were lucky, but usually 2 or more hours. One day, the entire staff was gone and the lights were off before I was seen. I was re-referred there a couple of months ago when I discovered I had another herniation (via MRI). The office staff called me on a Monday and expected me there in 5 days "if you want to be seen here"! This wasn't an emergency. The paperwork I had to fill out was about 20 pages long--this was before they would actually make the appointment, and they called three times the first day, wanting me to hurry up and fax it in (the same Monday). I gave up and found another practice--who understood that working folks can't just drop everything and drive over an hour for a regular appointment. The whole thing seemed really odd, and I'm not sorry I decided to look elsewhere.

March 29th, 2013
Afriad to go back
My first visit I will say I was fifteen minutes late because I got lost and the directions over the phone were not right so had to find the place. But after that point it was a horror show; I have Chronic Back Pain; because of a fused hip I have had for 60yrs I am unable to sit in chairs with arms; so I sat on a table while I waited. I got there at 3:30 and left at 7:30 .. I kid you not. they had me in room for close to 2hrs and I seriously thought they had closed the place and forgot me. The staff as another person said below were all so very rude; granite I was having anxiety attack at one point the pain was so bad. He talked about doing procedure on Monday this was a Wed. the office was to call in a prescription to be used for the procedure; it was never called in. So as of right now I am not going back especially after reading some of these reviews.

September 17th, 2012
DOESN'T KNOW WHAT THE WORD PAIN MEANS!!!!!
WAITED THREE HOURS IN WAITING ROOM, LAST ONE IN WAITING ROOM WAS TOLD A SCRIP FOR MUSCLE RELAXER WAS FOR PAIN COULD DRIVE WITH THIS? NEST APPT. TO TO SEE SHRINK? IN HIS OFFICE.WHAT A SCAM!

May 21st, 2012
Been Seeing Dr. Epter for 5 years now
Was sent to see him by my primary dr in 2007 when I started having lower back issues that wouldn't go away. He diagnosed arthritis in my facet joints, did injections and they pain was gone for 9 months. It was wonderful. Repeated this every year for 4 years. Last year, the pain was not relieved so he ordered x-rays which showed that I know am having disc degeneration issues (what I call old age issues). Both he and Megan have been wonderful in working with me to discover why the nerve ablation didn't seem to relieve my pain any more. Dr. E. did see me in the office room as well as the operating room. I am very happy with the care he provides, I just wish there was such a thing as a back replacement/transplant!

July 24th, 2011
You'll never see the doctoe
If Epter can't do an injection or a "procedure" on you, you won't see him again. If you do see him, you won't know it's him. He changes his looks like shirts. But his PA Megan Murphy is nice. She is highly over worked, but hse is nice. His nurse Jill is great, Miss Janice up front is wonderful and Emma is terrific. But epter is awful.

July 20th, 2011
Very Satisfied
I saw Dr. Epter and he diagnosed my problem after asking me some questions and giving me a brief physical exam. He was very personable and seemed to really want to help me with my pain using methods other than drugs. I have had promising results!