A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Kaplan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Kaplan, MD is board certified in Anesthesiology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Malignant Hyperthermia
Education & Awards
Dr. Kaplan graduated from Upstate Medical University Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Syracuse. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Kaplan has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Children's Hosp National Med Ctr
- Children's National Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Kaplan accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- AMERIGROUP - 4 plans
- United Healthcare - 19 plans
- The Chartered Health Plan - 2 plans
- Cigna - 9 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Richard F. Kaplan practice?
Dr. Richard Kaplan practices Anesthesiology near Washington, DC.
See Washington Anesthesiologists.