Pediatrician

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by CitySearch. Yahoo.
 |  mrs  |  show details
by aprilmaxwell-thompson on Mar 16th, 2013

kiddox medical group with dr. richard levy is awesome 4 stars to them i love this office very courteous and complient to you and your childs needs.... Dr. levy is so suffecient and gentle when it comes to my child he never ever rushes answers every question that myself or my husband has. i couldn't thank him or his staff enough!!!(we are regulars) thanks again to such wonderful people n our healthacre

|  Very satisfied  |  show details
Nov 11th, 2012

We just had a newborn son with down syndrome. Dr Levy and Bourne diagnosed him immediately and spent a long time talking with us in the hospital and answered all our questions. Since then, he calls frequently just to check up and make sure things are OK. We highly recommend him.

|  Very disappointed  |  show details
Aug 9th, 2012

I was happy for many years with Dr. Levy, but my most recent experience with him has marred that. Dr. Levy ordered unnecessary blood tests for my son and when I questioned him about it, he became defensive and argumentative. I no longer consider him a reasonable and qualified physician who places the needs of his patients above the almighty dollar. I have sent him a letter telling him that I will no longer be in need of his services. Very disappointed.

|  laziest and rudest front office employees EVER!  |  show details
by misham0use at Citysearch on Oct 22nd, 2011 on citysearch.com

This is the worst doctor`s office EVER!!!! I would give it negative starts if I could. The front office employees are the rudest people I have ever encountered. They insisted that my newborn son wasn`t added to my insurance plan even though my son was seen by a doctor from that office post partum in the hospital. The insurance paid their amount of the hospital visit, so obviously he was added! However, when I arrived at the doctor`s office for his first set of vaccinations, the rude woman who was in charge of insurance told me that my son was not showing up on my insurance plan. This of course was AFTER they put me in a room with my baby and made me wait 30 minutes. The nurse came in and told me that I had two choices I could either come back to the office after he was added or pay an out of pocket fee which was over a thousand dollars. Obviously I chose the first option. I came back the following day, after I called someone from my employer`s HR department to verify that my son had been added to my insurance plan. When I returned to the office the next day, the receptionist was HORRIBLE to me. She again said that my son was not added to my insurance plan and tried to turn me away again. At that point, I didn`t care any longer, I was leaving to go out of town for three weeks and needed my son to be vaccinated. I told her that I would check again with my employer to make sure that my son had been added to the insurance. The rude receptionist then said that if for any reason there was a problem with the insurance, I would be charged the full amount for the dr`s visit and the vaccines. Three weeks later I got a bill in the mail for 1,354 -- the bill was NEVER submitted to my insurance for payment. Obviously I called my insurance provider to get to the bottom of it and the representative I spoke with said that my son had been added to my plan since the date of his birth and the only thing that the doctor`s office needed to do was call to verity that he`d been added if they were uncertain of his status. It would have taken the office a total of 15 mintues to verify my insurance, but they were LAZY, LAZY, LAZY! Instead they sent me an outrageous bill and turned my child away!!! All they care about is getting their money! Who would turn a child away Also, the nurse practitioner told me that my breastfed baby was getting too big and that I needed to hold him off on feedings even if he cries. WHAT! I may not know much about babies, being a new mom and all, but from every website, book, and personal story I`ve heard from other mom`s out there, that`s the absolute LAST thing you should EVER do! That should have been my inkling that this doctor`s office sucked. The bottom line here is that these people DON`T care about your baby. They only care about getting their money. Oh yeah, and they also tried to charge me 25 dollars to fax over his health records to his new doctor`s office -- his health record consists of ONE page. These people are greedy and money hungry. DON`T GO HERE!

Jul 25th, 2011

Professional and caring doctor and staff.

|  Extremely unprofessional  |  show details
by Katia on Mar 4th, 2011

This is the most unprofessional doctor's office I've ever been!!! I cannot even describe how upset I am with his office staff and nurses. They are so unfriendly. Last time I had to wait 30min to get to the exam room with my 9 month old. They told me to undress him and that the doctor will be there in a few. "The few" turned into 40min. My child was freezing. I end up dressing him up again. The doctor was friendly but in a rush. He said he will call the nurse to run a test on my baby and left... And never came back. I still had questions for him. The nurse was confused and also didn't know if we were supposed to stay or leave the exam room. It took 20 min for somebody to schedule my next appointment (which I am canceling now, because I am changing this doctor). The nurse was rude and very impatient too.I called the office multiple times just to check if they received the medical records from my child's previous doctor, and the said they are very busy and cannot open the mail. Really!?! The records were mailed 10 days ago and I still don't know if they've received them. I don't know if my child is current on his vaccinations.Just ridiculous service! I wished we never had to change our previous doctor, but our insurance plan changed. :(

|  Extremely unprofessional  |  show details
by katyofy at Citysearch on Mar 4th, 2011 on citysearch.com

This is the most unprofessional doctor`s office I`ve ever been!!! I cannot even describe how upset I am with his office staff and nurses. They are so unfriendly. Last time I had to wait 30min to get to the exam room with my 9 month old. They told me to undress him and that the doctor will be there in a few. \"The few\" turned into 40min. My child was freezing. I end up dressing him up again. The doctor was friendly but in a rush. He said he will call the nurse to run a test on my baby and left... And never came back. I still had questions for him. The nurse was confused and also didn`t know if we were supposed to stay or leave the exam room. It took 20 min for somebody to schedule my next appointment which I am canceling now, because I am changing this doctor. The nurse was rude and very impatient too.I called the office multiple times just to check if they received the medical records from my child`s previous doctor, and the said they are very busy and cannot open the mail. Really!! The records were mailed 10 days ago and I still don`t know if they`ve received them. I don`t know if my child is current on his vaccinations.Just ridiculous service! I wished we never had to change our previous doctor, but our insurance plan changed. Now back on the search for a doctor

|  Horrible experience  |  show details
by Jennifere Weinstein on Oct 25th, 2010

Dr. Levy and his staff are the worst medical professionals I have ever experienced. His office staff rarely answers the phone during the weekday business hours and when you leave a message, they never return your call. On the weekends, it takes at least three calls before they answer. In addition, his staff never calls you to remind you of the appointments. When you do finally reach them, they are rude, abrupt, and are constantly focusing on whether you have paid your copayments.The techs in his staff are equally inept. They sent a 19 year old boy to draw labs on my 3 year old son. The boy stuck my son three times and was still unable to draw any blood.Dr. Levy himself has a poor bedside manner and is generally dismissive of our concerns. We have been to see him three times and each time, we feel that he is just going thru the motions and not giving my son individual attention. Thankfully our son has been healthy so that we have not had to rely on him. We are taking our son elsewhere.

|  Horrible place  |  show details
by Looosie at Citysearch on Oct 25th, 2010 on citysearch.com

DO NOT GO HERE! Dr. Levy has no bedside manner and does not listen to our concerns. He should really think about retiring as he expresses little concern for our child. The whole staff is rude and overworked. They NEVER return calls and rarely picks up the phone. The waiting room is full of sick coughing kids and is a breeding ground for bacteria. This was really a horrible experience.

|  Very best pediatric practice!  |  show details
by arachneweb on Apr 7th, 2010 on citysearch.com

Dr. Levy was the very first regular doctor my triplets saw after an 11 week stay in the NICU. Now, after 5 years of Dr. Levy, Dr. Bourne, Phyllis and the rest of the excellent staff the trio has entered school with no delays, no serious illness or injury. Dr. Levy was willing to modify the recommended vaccination schedule for my preemies, answered every call about reflux, pyloric stenosis and the screaming meemies. When they were infants, our well child visits were always first thing in the morning so the office would be empty. As the kids got older, the appointments have gotten a little more difficult- all of our school friends also go to Dr. Levy- so when there is an outbreak of ANYTHING at school, everyone is at his office.

|  Levy Richard F Md - a great pediatrician  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Aug 20th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

Many of us with boys like having a male pediatrician. Dr. Levy comes highly recommended and is used by many of the parents at our elementar...

by greenerplanet on Aug 10th, 2009 on citysearch.com

Staff over books and doesn't inform you if they are behind schedule. They obviously don't care that you have parked in a meter and get ticketed. It's always courteous to inform NEW patients if they will be waiting longer than an hour. The staff seems ove

by IRENE GALVAN on Jan 22nd, 2009 on yahoo.com

I HAD A 2 YEAR OLD BABY THEN MY TRIPLETS WERE BORN ALMOST 36 YEARS AGO,FIRST SET OF TRIPLETS TO BE BORN IN SANTA MONICA HOSPITAL, RIGHT AFTER DELIVERY I MET DR LEVY, I WAS VERY SURPRISE HE WAS YOUNG, HANDSOME AND VERY RESPECTFUL. MY TRIPLETS WERE ONE OF HIS FIRST PATIENTS, SO FOR MANY YEARS HE TOOK CARE OF MY 4 SONS, THEN 15 1/2 YEARS AFTER MY DAUGHTER IS BORN AND OF COURSE DR LEVY TOOK CARE OF HER, AND NOW HE IS TAKING CARE OF MY GRANDCHILDREN, WE ALSO FOUND OUT THAT HE TOOK CARE OF ONE OF MY DAUGHTER IN-LAW'S. THANK YOU DR LEVY FOR ALL THESE YEARS WE LOVE YOU GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR STAFF PHYILLIS AND CARLA. THE GALVAN FAMILY

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
 |  Dr. Richard Levy  |  show details
by Citysearch User on May 1st, 2008 on insiderpages.com

Super busy pediatricians office. The only doctor my two kids have seen. The office staff is very business like and kind. If you need to sche...

|  User review from Citysearch  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Sep 15th, 2004 on insiderpages.com

This particular doctor comes highly reccomended. He is my son`s pediatrition and has saved his life on at least two occasions. He has a thri...