A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Feins:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Feins, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Cancer (Non-Small-Cell Lung Carcinoma)
- Mesothelioma (Asbestos-related Cancer)
- Pneumonectomy (Lung removal)
Education & Awards
Dr. Feins graduated from University of Vermont, Burlington. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Feins has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Rex Healthcare Inc.
- University of North Carolina Hospitals at Chapel Hill
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Feins accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 19 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina - 17 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Evercare - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Richard H. Feins practice?
Dr. Richard Feins practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Chapel Hill, NC.
Additional practice locations include: Raleigh, NC.
See Chapel Hill Cardiothoracic Surgeons.