Pediatricians
100 Brevco Plz
Ste 101
Lake Saint Louis, MO 63367
636-561-5437
Locations and availability (3)

• Currently 3.7619047619048 of 4 stars
  • Currently 3.9047619047619 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  show details
by Tony on Jan 24th, 2014

I love the whole group of doctors. My kids love Dr. Felkel's magic tricks and enjoy their visits. I am completely comfortable with Dr. Felkel and trust him implicitly.

|  Nancy  |  show details
Apr 4th, 2012

We love West Side Pediatrics. Dr. Felkel is the best. We trust our childrens lives to him without reservation.

|  Excellent  |  show details
Aug 7th, 2011

I have 4 children that utilize dr. Felkel as their doctor. They like to call him "dr. Rick". I worked as a pharmaceutical rep for 20 years in the st. Louis area, having multiple discussions a day with doctors regarding patient care. I found dr. Felkel to be extremely knowledgable regarding various disease states. Most importantly he always had his patients as the number 1 focus in our discussions. This is why i choose him, to care for my children. Additionally i have found his staff and partner, to be excellent.

|  We Love Dr. Felkel  |  show details
Jul 30th, 2011

Wonderful Doctor

|  Dr. Felkel is the BEST  |  show details
Jun 21st, 2011

We moved from Texas last month, which was difficult being 8 months pregnant. We had a visit with our oldest son and we were very impressed with the professionalism of Dr. Felkel and his staff. We decided then that he would be our pediatrician. We have since had our 3rd son and could not be happier with the office. Being in the medical field myself I was very impressed with Dr. Felkel's clinical knowledge. I have had many interactions with physicians in the past and now have found someone with the skills my family deserves. One of the things we liked was how comfortable he made my boys during our visit. Dr. Felkel was training another doctor during our visit and he explained a finding on my son not only to the doctor but spoke directly to us, in a clear and precise manner. We love Dr. Felkel. We wont ever go anywhere else.

|  WOW a doctor who cares  |  show details
May 4th, 2011

My Husband and I cant say enough about Dr. Felkel. I went into labor and arrived at the hospital, come to find out the female pediatrician we chose did not see patients there. So we saw the hospital doctor. I talked to the nurses about my doctor choice, and found out that most of them take their kids to see Dr. Felkel. I also found out that my Ob also takes his kids to see Dr. Felkel. Granted I should have made a prenatal appointment before I saw the female pediatrician that I had chosen for the first time. Ok, so I go see my initial choice of pediatricians with my 4 day old baby. We were in the office for 5 minutes maximum and SHE WAS GONE. I had a list of questions, since I am a new mom and I got two of them answered. That was it. I called to see Dr. Felkel and he got me in the next day. WOW what a difference. First of all he asked me and my husband about out family history and explained how sometimes diseases can be genetic. He talked to us for at least 35 minutes, examined my baby and then actually asked me if I had any questions. I had almost forgotten my list that I had brought to my first doctor. As I read through the list I noticed that we had discussed all but one of the questions. Dr. Felkel asked about my babys yellowing of the skin, jaundice, and asked if we had a level drawn. He then explained to me and my husband why it may be a concern and wanted to check a level. Well he was right it was way up and we had to do a light therapy for a day. Dr. Felkel asked us to come in the next day to recheck the level. Now for the astounding part. That next day was a Sunday. I asked him if they had hours on Sunday, he said no, but would meet us at the office to check my babys weight, check the jaundice and see how the feedings were going. The next day he called us up and set a time up to open the office and meet him there. I could not believe it. My husband asked him if he could pay him extra or tip him. Dr. Felkel chuckled and said that it would not be necessary, and It was what he would want for his kids. I feel bad that I wasted time going to the initial female doctor and not coming to Dr. Felkel first. It seemed that he was the only one who really cared and knew his stuff. I later talked to my sister-in-law and found out that she takes her kids there. She told me that Dr. Felkel called her the day after her son was in the office to check on him. WOW, we found a doctor who cares. We recommend him to all our friends.

|  On of America's Most Compassionate Doctors.  |  show details
Apr 16th, 2011

Congratulations Dr. Felkel,Dr. Felkel has been again recognized as one of America's Most Compassionate Doctors, By "Patients' Choice" rating system. Treating patients, not just the disease, is what Dr. Felkel excels at, and his patients appreciate the kindness he dispensed with his medical care. This award is based on reviews written by hundreeds of thousands of patients. While physicians generally receive positive feedback from their patients, only a select few receive praise about the compassion that accompanied their care. In fact, of the nation's 720,000 active physicians, less than 3% were accorded this honor by their patients in 2010. The Compassionate Doctor certification is part of Patient's Choice recognition program, where patients rate and vote for their favorite doctor. Congratulations once again on this outstanding distinction. MDx Medical, Inc. 1200 Wall Street West, Lyndhurst, NJ 07071

|  Dislike this doctor!  |  show details
Feb 24th, 2011

I had only seen the NP's at westside pediatrics until recently. I liked the clinic but now will be looking for a new place! I took my son in with what seemed to be flu like symtoms, however, his fever didn't seem to match that of the flu. Upon reviewing my sons chart(this was his 1st time seeing my son), Dr. Felkel noticed that my son didn't recieve a flu shot. From then on I was bombarded with "data" about why I should've given my son the vaccine. I explained my reasons and that it was ultimately my choice, not his! Anyway, he told me that he was positive that my son had the flu, but that he also had a double ear infection. He said that the antibiotic might help, but wouldn't get rid of his fever because, again, it was the flu(he never tested for the flu because he didn't think it neccessary). Well, guess what? 4 hours after his first dose of antibiotics, he didn't have a fever and he was feeling much better. He basically had a bad cold(from my older son) and developed an ear infection as a result. Dr. Felkel basically threw out the window that my son could've had anything other than the flu just because my son didn't have the flu vaccine!! I have never been so appalled! What an arrogant person! Obviously this was our first visit with him, so maybe other like him, but we will NOT be going back to him!!

|  We Love Dr. Felkel  |  show details
Feb 10th, 2011

I always get all my questions answered. My old pediatrician in wentzville always made me feel rushed. Since we started going to see him, both my sisters have switched to Westside pediatrics and sing its praises.

|  Grateful MOM  |  show details
Jan 20th, 2011

I cant thank Dr. Felkel enough for saving my daughters life. She was acting funny and Dr. Felkel quickly diagnosed her with a brain infection. She would not be with us if it wasnt for him. I have since recommended him to all my friends and family and we all see him.

|  show details