inactive

Richard J Fix MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

March 29th, 2016
Dr Fix UAB Birmingham, AL
Dr Fix is very good, had a few issues with the tram flap procedure but he helped me in every way possible and I'm very satisfied with his work. He has compassion for his patients and I greatly appreciate what he does!

May 11th, 2015
Dr. Fix has been fantastic.

August 26th, 2013
The kindest doctor I've ever met.
Dr. Fix is by far the kindest and most compassionate doctor I've ever met. After being diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 36, with 4 small children, he was like an angel. He was very concerned with making sure he could help me look the best I could after my mastectomy and reconstruction. He spent over an hour with my husband and I going over our options and making sure we completely understood them all. Yes, their may be a bit of a wait but when you understand the way he is with his patients, it's totally worth it!! You're not rushed in and out and he stays in your exam room like you're the only patient he has. No question is silly! I wish all doctors were like Dr. Fix!! Absolutely the best!!!

June 12th, 2013
Dr. Fix has a double personality. As long as everything is going well he has the most caring bedside manner you could ever expect; however, if you have complications it's everyone's fault but his. I have serious complications from my reconstruction. He refuses to accept responsibility, laying blame everywhere but the outdated procedure he used for my reconstruction. Women, be informed. Dig deep for research into CURRENT best practices for reconstruction. A nice cosmetic result is not worth compromising the rest of your body.

May 4th, 2012
Dr. Fix is wonderful!!!
As a breast cancer survivor who had failed attempts at reconstruction over the last 5 years, I had almost given up hope for reconstruction following bilateral mastectomy. Mine was a complicated case, and I was actually referred to him by my 2nd plastic surgeon in 5 years. Dr. Fix and his staff are amazing! I am a health care provider myself, and after the prior failed attempts was quite anxious. I had so many questions, but they never treated me with anything but respect. They were patient and understanding with me, and he did what 2 other surgeons had told me was impossible. I feel great now - thanks to him and Dee. I would refer anyone to him. My only regret is that I didn't know anything about him from the beginning of my journey - I would have gone to him 1st, and probably would never have had the multitude of complications that I had. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Fix and his staff.

January 10th, 2012
Outstanding Breast Reconstruction Surgeon
Dr. Fix is a perfectionist. I needed to undergo reconstruction. It happened to be a bit more of a complex procedure. He is indeed a master in the field. He artfully resculpted the breasts that really look great and restored my self-esteem. He is so compassionate--The morning after my surgery he came to see me and he was so sad and dissappointed to tell me he needed to take me back to OR for excessive bleeding (we knew there was a risk of that happening since I had excessive scar tissue from previous surgery). After that all healing process has been very smooth. I had a concern 3 weeks after surgery. His office said to come in at 1:30p that day. He saw me within a matter of minutes and assured me all was just fine. I highly recommend Dr. Fix with your breast reconstruction surgical needs. He is a "gem"!!

December 20th, 2011
Ugggghhhh
I waited for 2 hrs and 20 minutes and finally dressed and left without seeing the doctor. His staff was aloof and rude and never brought in the video I was supposed to view plus they left me waiting in a hospital gown freezing for almost 1 & 1/2 hours before I became disgusted and left. There were only 3 of us in waiting area when I arrived so I can't understand the long wait. I attribute this to arrogance or at least aloofness. I was referred by the same Clinic he's in so that is probably where most of his business comes from.

March 21st, 2011
Unprofessional and ill-prepared
There is absolutely no excuse for a physician to allow his patients to sit in the waiting room hours past their appointment time and then have them sit undressed in a cold exam room for another hour waiting on him! If the wait weren't painful enough, he doesn't bother to prepare for your visit by reviewing your chart or properly advising you to prepare for your next appointment. Do yourself a favor and skip this guy!

May 7th, 2010
angers easily

April 7th, 2010
wonderful doctor and staff
Dr. Fix has the best bedside manner. He is very kind and knows his stuff. He was my plastic surgeon after my double mastectomy and did a double tram flap. His team was very professional, caring and after it was all said and done my oncology nurses said it was the best reconstruction job they had ever seen. He comes highly recommended.