Overall Review

no change

November 8th, 2016
Review of Treatment from Dr. Richard O. Follwell
I had this really awful GERD. All my gastroenterologist was to increase the medications. I consulted with Dr. Follwell who thoroughly explained that I have a hiatal hernia. To correct this issue he needed to close the hernia. I had the procedure on Monday, November 7, 2016. This is first time I have not had any acid reflux. His staff was fabulous getting me right in to see Dr. Follwell. His diagnosis was obviously correct. His operative technique THE BEST. No operative pain, and no post operative pain. His bedside manner is excellent. He visited me after the procedure and the next day. He spent all the time with me that I needed. In my opinion, Dr. Follwell is the best.

November 4th, 2013
Gallbladder out?
I saw him for a gallbladder surgery, not long after my 18 year old son had passed away. I was scared and anxious. He shared a personal story with me, a similar battle of his own that his wife and he were going through. He was a very caring and confident man and I say anyone would be lucky to get him as their surgeon. The gallbladder was taken out and I felt great. I almost wanted to see the gallbladder to be sure that he took it out I felt so good! This was in Troy Mo. I was so sad to hear that he moved to Flordia, I have other surgeries I need done and can't afford to go to Flordia...I wish him and his family well....I researched him years ago and couldn't find one bad thing on him. He is awesome and he also has a special calming effect about him..

April 10th, 2013
Dr. Follwell was my surgeon in St Louis, twice....I have a history of blood clots, and he has been the only surgeon, so far, to do surgery on me without me getting bloodclots afterwards! My lapband surgery was a success and after 6 yrs, I am still maintaining my weight. If I should develop any problems, I would consider going to Florida to see him, and I live in Indiana now. He is very considerate and kind and a great surgeon. Highly recommend him!!

September 25th, 2011
Two Surgeries by Dr. Follwell
Dr Follwell, is thorough and has a wonderful bedside manner. He did laproscopic surgery and found my bowel was wrapped up and be choked by Adhesion's. I highly recommend this Surgeon.

May 24th, 2010
Would recommend this doctor!!!
I am truly happy with how this doctor has treated me. He took my gallbladder out and has seen me since for my other problems going on. I truly believe he cares about me and making sure I get answers. He is very honest and doesn't sugar coat things which is really nice. He is willing to spend time to discuss what is going on and help me to understand. The only bad thing was the first time I went out to his office I had to wait almost an hour before he got there and then another 20 minutes before I actually saw him, it doesn't seem to be a normal for him so I am putting it off that he had a surgery to do or and emergency he had to tend to. I would definitely recommend this doctor to my family and friends.