A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Frances:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Richard Frances is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Frances
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Frances Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Frances, MD is board certified in Addiction Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Anxiety Disorders
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Forensic Psychiatry
- Mental Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Frances graduated from New York University. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Frances has 4 hospital affiliations:
- NYU Langone Medical Center
- Silver Hill Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Richard Joseph Frances MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 41 years of experience and practices in Addiction Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Richard J. Frances practice?
- Dr. Richard Frances has 1 office location.
Dr. Richard Frances practices Addiction Psychiatry near New York, NY.
See New York Addiction Specialists.