A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Frierson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Frierson
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Frierson Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Frierson, MD is board certified in Forensic Psychiatry and Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Mental Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Frierson graduated from University of South Carolina , Columbia.
Dr. Frierson has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Palmetto Health Baptist
- Palmetto Health Richland
- William S. Hall Psychiatric Institute
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Richard Lesesne Frierson MD is a male Forensic Psychiatrist, has 24 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry and Forensic Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Richard L. Frierson practice?
- Dr. Richard Frierson has 1 office location.
Dr. Richard Frierson practices Psychiatry and Forensic Psychiatry near Columbia, SC.
See Columbia Psychiatrists.