Dr. Richard Schmidt MD Patient Reviews

3.4

• Good
  • Bad

November 22nd, 2016
Dr Schmidtvis a miracle worker!

November 2nd, 2016
Osteosarcoma survivor
Almost 25 years since my surgery, smaller procedure last year from wearing of my bone transplant, Dr Schmidt once again fixed everything. Truly amazing what an incredibly talented surgeon he is. The best in the world. Thank you again for giving me the gift of walking for a second time.

July 3rd, 2016
Nightmare
I was sent here to get a medical exam a few months ago. I waited in the waiting room for 30 minutes but I was ok with that. I was taken back to a patient room and waited another 20 minutes for the doctor. The doctor came into the room and did the worst physical exam I have ever seen. I explained to the doctor the type of pain I was having and symptoms and he couldn't get out of there fast enough. The doctor was in and out of the room in less than 5 minutes. He was cold and condescending as a medical professional I had some expectations but was let down. I would never refer anyone to this doctor. I wish zero stars were an option I will be filling a complaint to the proper authorities.

March 13th, 2016
Patient
This Dr.Schmidt should be investigated for many things. He was rude the first time I met him. Appointment lasted a whole 4 minutes. He lied on his report findings,saying he did an exam along with other tests. He did no tests at all! The worst IME doctor ever. I will be filing several complaints to the proper authority,people dealing with fraudulent Drs.and their practices. STAY far away from this Dr. Schmidt.

August 10th, 2015
Do Not Trust Dr. Schmidt
So not go to this Doctor. Filled me full of unnecessary rods. After surgery, I'm worse then I was. Not well liked amount piers.

March 7th, 2015
Worst doctor and staff
Dr. Richard Schmidt never met me when I went to cancer center. After scans etc. he wanted to do surgery on my right leg. Telling me my leg was totally fine. After surgery he came in to meet me finally and said now my left leg was bad. I was told it was fine. So did surgery on a leg that didn't hurt. Got surgery and saw my oncologist. She said I'm fine. Later that day, I got a call that my right arm needed surgery. What? I got all my records and went and got 3 opinions. All opinions said there was nothing wrong with my arm and Dr. Schmidt is know as a femur mill doctor. So know I am crippled, can't walk at all and it's all his fault. This guy needs to be investigated. His wife and nurse Mary Pat are rude, mean, insensitive and these are the people you have to deal with. I left cancer center and Dr. Schmidt forever. The hospital is old, dirty, windows face walls. It reminds me of a old day sanitarium. Please do not go there!

April 24th, 2014
Great doctor!
I'm reading what some are saying on this sight and I think something is wrong with them! This doctor is one of the best in his field! He does treat stage 4 cancers and helps people walk again. It's not always about quantity of life as much as quality of life. No more wheelchair!

March 24th, 2014
Disgrace to the medical profession
Last year my mother broke her hip and we had the this man assigned to her in the emergency room. He never came in to even meet her prior to surgery nor meet us as the family. For the entire time in the hospital and rehab center located in the hospital he never made an appearance. This was over 2 weeks. She was then sent to an outside rehab for further therapy and went into congestive heart failure. She was sent back to the hospital for an additional 3 weeks and even with consultation requests he never made an appearance. While in the hospital I requested an x-Ray be done and called his office requesting that he at least look at it to see where she was in the healing process. He flat out refused! Our family physician even called his office requesting that he look at the x-Ray and he flat out refused him. Needless to say we are now dealing with a new doctor who is absolutely wonderful and attentive. I wouldn't recommend this man to my worst enemy! He's rude and his staff is rude, one of which consists of his rude wife. If you have no choice in the ER being assigned to this man, run like the dickens!

July 11th, 2013
The worst ever!!
Ignorant staff and doctor

May 10th, 2013
Unprofessional Office
I'm reading these reviews for the first time and am shocked to see my own negative experiences shared by so many others. My first scheduled appointment took weeks to get, so the oncologist who is treating me called Dr. Schmidt's office to get the appointment scheduled sooner. The receptionist did schedule it sooner, but warned me they were squeezing me in and that I may have to wait. Well, to my amazement, I was seen promptly with no waiting. My surgery and hospital experience were painful and horrible. The "office" admitted that they got behind in my pain management. I called to verify with the office that I was not permitted to have anything food, drink, midnight before my surgery. I asked about my pain meds and they said that I could not take them after midnight. I ended up calling the answering service at 4 a.m. because I was in deep pain. The answering service said they could not call the doctor at that hour just because I was in pain. I ended up calling my oncologist at 5 a.m. about my pain. She eased my mind by telling me what to take and that the nurses at the hospital would be able to immediately hook me up to pain meds as soon as I got there for the surgery. However, there were no surgery orders written yet for me and the doctor was in surgery at that time, meaning I had to wait in horrible bone pain until he got finished with a patient in the ER. I cried and cried due to pain and no relief. My experiences got worse. I am working in a teaching medical college for 40 years, have worked in very busy medical practices, and we cared about our patients. I don't believe this office cares. I don't care for them either. I put in a request to transfer my medical records to another orthopedist. I have a tiny record - maybe 4-5 visits and it's taking 3 weeks so far to have my records transferred.

August 8th, 2012
Dr Scmidt has been my Orthopaedic Surgeon for over 17 years, he has guided me through several very difficult procedures which have proven to be life saving on one occasion. I also credit him for saving my right leg during a surgery to repair a broken femur, his quick diagnosis and fast acting abilities allowed him to save my leg from almost certain amputation. I would recommend Dr. Schmidt to anyone looking for the best of the best when it comes to knowledge of his proffesion and his outstanding bedside manner and wonderful support staff. I consider Dr. Schmidt a life saver and friend who is the best of the best.

August 8th, 2012
Stay away from this Dr. and his office
In all the years I have attended Dr. Offices from Pediatrics to specialists I have never encountered one like this. FOr starters the receptionist is as rude as can be to everyone walking in, and has no problem yapping on the phone on personal business with the window wide open so that you have no choice but to hear every word she has to say. I had two appointments with Dr. Schmidt. For my first I was kept waiting 1hour and 45 minutes, and I was his first appt. for the day, and for my second 1 hour and a half. Both times there was no explanation or apology for lateness, and he basically spent less than 5 minutes with me. He may be a specialist in his field, but there have got to be others who are a lot more respectful of their patients and their schedules. Avoid this Dr. and his office staff at all cost.