Dr. Richard Gagnon Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Richard Gagnon?

Dupuytren's Contracture

Dupuytren's Contracture

Have you seen Dr. Richard Gagnon?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

April 23rd, 2013

Inept

After shoulder surgery, I began experiencing significant elbow pain, Dr. Gagnon diagnosed tennis elbow. Six weeks later I was having additional pain in my upper arm (biceps, triceps), returned to Dr. Gagnon. I kept asking about the new, debilitating pain outside the scope of tennis elbow, the reply was "tennis elbow can take 6-9 months to heal." I repeated my concern no less than five times, could not get an answer out of the man. Not only was he rude and condescending, he also seems pretty fond of inflicting unnecessary pain -- jamming his finger into the irritated tendon -- to diagnose illnesses he already knows exist -- and didn't like it when I told him to not do it again. Very juvenile, shockingly incapable of delivering on some very basic requirements in his job description. I've already had more doctors than 90% of people will have in their entire lives. Heart surgery, eye surgery, gastro surgery, surgery for blood clots, uvulectomy, septum surgery, blood specialists, heart specialists and more general practitioners than I can count and I've never considered firing a doctor. Not once. I've never left one doctor to see another doctor about the same thing. Heck, I've never even sought out a second opinion. I see some have had good experiences and I'm glad to see it but that wasn't my experience at all. If you're looking for an orthopedic surgeon in the area, I'd suggest finding someone with more competence, less ego and understands they work for you, not the other way around.

March 26th, 2013

Saved my quality of life

I don't know what doctor the bad reviewers are talking about. Did my hip replacement surgery with absolutely no complications. His bedside manner was fine towards me.The way he may treat his support staff or nurses has nothing to do with me. He knows he is the boss.Big Deal.Thanks for fixing me up Dr.Gagnon!

February 7th, 2013

His bedside manor was unacceptable and did a TKR on my leg and left a big gaping hole in it due to not putting staples in all the way. My leg is still not right after a Year I still have lots of fluid and pain.

November 2nd, 2011

when I made my appt.and said I was in pain they saw me right away and took action to help me on the spot including making my needed appts. at the hospital and answering all my questions.this will be my second surgery with dr.gagnon my shoulder was repaired by Dr.gagnon several years ago with great results.

September 29th, 2011

SAVED MY LEG

Years ago, Dr. Gagnon spent a year trying to save my shattered leg. He was a driven, thoughtful, competitive surgeon who operated on me more than once and always left me feeling like he was committed to saving my leg. Finally, after many surgeries and lots of attempts, he found a way to bring the healing. I praise him happily now, almost 25 years later.

August 16th, 2016