A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Garvin:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Richard Garvin is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Garvin, MD, PHD is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 23 areas:
- Chronic Illness
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Electrocardiography (EKG)
- Eye Infections
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Holter monitoring
- Nuclear Medicine
- Occupational Medicine
- Primary Headache Disorders
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Garvin graduated from UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson, Piscataway.
Dr. Garvin has 4 hospital affiliations:
- StoneCrest Medical Center
- Southern Hills Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Garvin accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee - 2 plans
- Bluegrass Family Health - 2 plans
- Humana - 9 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Richard Garvin practice?
Dr. Richard Garvin practices Internal Medicine near Smyrna, TN.
Additional practice locations include: Murfreesboro, TN.
See Smyrna Internists.