A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Garvin:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Richard Garvin is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Garvin
Ulcerative Colitis Patient Education Read all about IBD symptoms and treatments in our ulcer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Garvin Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
Diabetic Macular Edema
Type 2 Diabetes
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Garvin, MD, PHD is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 22 areas:
- Chronic Illness
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Electrocardiography (EKG)
- Eye Infections
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Holter monitoring
- Nuclear Medicine
- Occupational Medicine
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Pulmonary Function Test
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Garvin graduated from UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson, Piscataway.
Dr. Garvin has 4 hospital affiliations:
- StoneCrest Medical Center
- Southern Hills Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Richard P Garvin MD and PHD is a male Internist, has 32 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Richard P. Garvin practice?
- Dr. Richard Garvin has 1 office location.
Dr. Richard Garvin practices Internal Medicine near Smyrna, TN.
See Smyrna Internists.