Dr. Richard Gellman Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Richard Gellman?

April 14th, 2016

Exceptional surgeon and staff. I had a bad tibial plateau fracture and he put it back together with no complications. Would recommend highly

November 8th, 2015

The right stuff

I've seen many reviews on here about the lack of bedside manner. He probably is not the person I'd pick to have a beer with or hold my hand when I was scared, but he is a brilliant surgeon. The skill with which he repaired my fractured femur was amazing. Thank you Dr Gellman

March 20th, 2015

Saved my leg!!!

After a terrible motorcyle accident I found myself in emergency surgery at Emanuel Hospital. I was very fortunate because Dr. Richard Gellman was the orthopedic trauma surgeon who was there to put me back together after double compound fractures of my lower left leg. His follow up and care was exceptional. Four years later when I decided to have the two plates and more than a dozen screws removed, the orthopedic surgeon in California was amazed at the skills of Dr. Gellman. One of the best orthopedic trauma surgeons in Portland.

November 11th, 2013

Dr Gellman has some rough bedside manners, but his sincerity and experience is not lacking. After three surgeries I was very pleased with the results. I would use Dr Gellman in any further orthopedic surgeries. His staff is more than competent.

November 1st, 2012

Doesn't care

Impersonal. Poor follow-up.

October 11th, 2011

Fixed both my shattered heels after a rock climbing fall.

Dr. Gelman did an incredible job putting my heels back together after I shattered both of them in a free style rock climbing accident. Not many doctors could have fixed my feet they were so badly broken. Today a little over a year later I am walking, jogging, even water skiing, as well as playing racket ball, activities which would not have been possible without Dr. Gelman's care and professionalism puzzling both of my shattered heels back together.

August 26th, 2010

Couldn't care less

Seemed out of his league with my fracture. Overhead him in hall yelling at his staff for booking "NO pay dirtbags". Seems more interested in money than patients.

July 29th, 2010

I don't recommend

Spent less than 10 minutes with me for a pre-op visit, didn't do an exam, or take a history, couldn't be bothered with my questions, was insulting and generally disinterested. I ended-up cancelling my surgery with him because I didn't trust him to touch me.

March 7th, 2010

Very Happy

I get in and out in a very reasonable time frame. My broken leg will be totally healed using the frame system. I couldn't be more thrilled!

January 18th, 2010

Dr. Evil?

What a Joke for a Doctor, DR Evil is his real name.

March 2nd, 2009

Best surgon in portland

This man is a wonderful amazing surgen he handled my husbands emergency surgery up at legacy emanual and i could not be more pleased with how kind careing and brillant this man is

October 14th, 2008

Money grubber

All he cared about was getting paid.