Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Saved my leg!!! show details Saved my leg!!!
by Mike B on Mar 20th, 2015

After a terrible motorcyle accident I found myself in emergency surgery at Emanuel Hospital. I was very fortunate because Dr. Richard Gellman was the orthopedic trauma surgeon who was there to put me back together after double compound fractures of my lower left leg. His follow up and care was exceptional. Four years later when I decided to have the two plates and more than a dozen screws removed, the orthopedic surgeon in California was amazed at the skills of Dr. Gellman. One of the best orthopedic trauma surgeons in Portland.

Nov 11th, 2013

Dr Gellman has some rough bedside manners, but his sincerity and experience is not lacking. After three surgeries I was very pleased with the results. I would use Dr Gellman in any further orthopedic surgeries. His staff is more than competent.

Doesn't care show details Doesn't care
Nov 1st, 2012

Impersonal. Poor follow-up.

Fixed both my shattered heels after a rock climbing fall. show details Fixed both my shattered heels after a rock climbing fall.
Oct 11th, 2011

Dr. Gelman did an incredible job putting my heels back together after I shattered both of them in a free style rock climbing accident. Not many doctors could have fixed my feet they were so badly broken. Today a little over a year later I am walking, jogging, even water skiing, as well as playing racket ball, activities which would not have been possible without Dr. Gelman's care and professionalism puzzling both of my shattered heels back together.

Couldn't care less show details Couldn't care less
Aug 26th, 2010

Seemed out of his league with my fracture. Overhead him in hall yelling at his staff for booking "NO pay dirtbags". Seems more interested in money than patients.

I don't recommend show details I don't recommend
Jul 29th, 2010

Spent less than 10 minutes with me for a pre-op visit, didn't do an exam, or take a history, couldn't be bothered with my questions, was insulting and generally disinterested. I ended-up cancelling my surgery with him because I didn't trust him to touch me.

Very Happy show details Very Happy
Mar 7th, 2010

I get in and out in a very reasonable time frame. My broken leg will be totally healed using the frame system. I couldn't be more thrilled!

Dr. Evil? show details Dr. Evil?
Jan 18th, 2010

What a Joke for a Doctor, DR Evil is his real name.

Best surgon in portland show details Best surgon in portland
Mar 2nd, 2009

This man is a wonderful amazing surgen he handled my husbands emergency surgery up at legacy emanual and i could not be more pleased with how kind careing and brillant this man is

Money grubber show details Money grubber
Oct 14th, 2008

All he cared about was getting paid.