Dr. Richard Glad MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

March 3rd, 2016
Positive experience.
Talented & skilled surgeon! Performed surgery for my total hip replacement; only discomfort, no pain.

September 26th, 2015
Highly recommend Dr. Glad & his very helpful caring staff. I've had lots of practice with clinics ,surgeries & doctors and this group Rocks!

April 22nd, 2015
Numerous surgeries over the years with great results

May 30th, 2013
Now I'm a Peg-leg
Dr. Glad replaced my hip. I saw him once before the surgery and for about 60 seconds afterward when he went to look at my left hip, which was NOT the one operated on. When he was done my right leg was almost an inch longer than the left. I tried to call him and had his nurses basically telling me I'd better get used to it and that they had shoe inserts available. After a third unanswered call on my part I contacted the hospital and he got back to me but basically only to tell me that it was my imagination that the x-rays say the legs are the same length. I don't need x-rays to see that my ankle bones don't even touch each other any more. Then he went on to tell me that his legs are not the same length and that they would "settle". It's been a month with no "settling". I have a follow-up appointment in a month, we'll see if I modify this review then.

April 12th, 2012
broken wrist crooked
I broke my right wrist some years ago. I was brought in through emergency on memorial day weekend. Dr. Glad made a quick decision to put a cast on instead of surgically repair my severely deformed broken right wrist. He saw it after the cast was taken off and said it was fine. However, I went for 2 second opinions and both were shocked at the more than 30 degree curvature in my wrist and thought a bad decision was made not to surgically straighten and pin the bones. Both specialists told me there is little positive outcome when a wrist is simply casted to heal correctly because of the angle of it. Dr. Glad had very poor bedside manner and was not concerned about my future when he made a very bad decision years ago. To fix it could make my wrist worse due to scar tissue build up so I am stuck with a crooked wrist that continues to have pain and stiffness 10 plus years later. Do not trust this man to do the right thing for you. If it's a weekend, he won't go out of his way to make a good decision for your future.

April 16th, 2011
Patient/ Had both knees done in 2007 at the same time
Very impressed with him. Explains everything well. Just a great surgeon.

March 16th, 2011
Wonderful physician with compassion.
Excellent Dr and bedside manner very kind and compassionate. After seeing many orthopedists Dr Glad is the only one I can honestly recommend whole heartedly. Very good diagnostic skills and conservative rather than surgery first like other Dr's.

January 5th, 2009
Glad I had Dr. Glad
Dr. Glad is the great knee doctor ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!