Overall Review

3.3

November 22nd, 2015
Leader in Dermatology
I think he is the best Dermatologist I have ever come across. I think he is very approachable and extremely knowledgable in his field. He is a great doctor.

July 17th, 2013
His highness
is always determined to do things HIS way. He is diplomatic but at times arrogant.

July 27th, 2011
Shocked by the two previous negative reviews
Dr. Granstein has been my skin care provider for more than a decade, and I have terrible skin: skin cancers, severe cystic acne, bad rosacea, you name it. The only reason I am filling this out is that I was astonished by his low raiting. In terms of diagnosis--he discovered a basal cell that my previous doctor had not noticed. After a Mohs treatment by aNYCorneal's plastic surgeon, Dr. Granstein was unhappy with the scarring and took a great deal of time and care to improve it (my skin is so bad that I never heal well--any other of my many previous dermatologists, many almost as known as he is, would have shrugged his shoulders). He is as attentive and caring about less dangerous things (acne) as he was about my skin cancers, understanding the havoc acne can wreak. I will agree that New York Hospital's Front Desk people are never polished or as polite as they could be, but the Physician Assistants and other doctors are. And the billing has improved somewhat since they moved buildings, but they often rebill for things you have paid. But as a physician, Dr. Granstein is excellent; I have been to 9 dermatologists in my life; he is the best.