Family Physicians

Advocate Illinois Masonic Family Practice
4600 N Ravenswood Ave
Chicago, IL 60640
773-561-7500
Locations and availability (1)

|  An exceptional Doctor and Staff that should be a model for all practices  |  show details
Jul 6th, 2012

I was visiting from Atlanta with my mother Susan. We were referred to Dr. Guthmann by several friends as being the best of the best to take care of my mom's urgent care.From the moment we entered, my feeling was that this was an exceptional practice based upon the staff that welcomed us with genuine hope, professionalism, optimism, knowledge, and the conveyed sense to my Mom that she was "family". This incredible first impression immediately put my mother ar ease, which had a real effect on her immediate health. Her vitals calmed to normal and her mental state shifted from great concern to a certain and undeniable knowledge that this was going to turn out just fine because God put us in the right place in this huge unfamiliar city. I don't know if this was her motherly intuition or a testament to the real effects of positive thinking and manifestation to actual physical improvement. My guess is a little of both.So the staff was amazing but now I feared that this positivite start could come undone if the Physician did not equal his staff in professionalism, or if his bedside manner was not great.I am thrilled to report that Dr. Guthmann's staff were not an aberration. Rather, they were obviously a carefully selected group that exhibited the culture that Dr. Guthmann wanted for his practice. There certainly was no "luck" in the fact that the staff were fantastic and caring. This is a case of a great Doctor attracting a great staff and using that synergy to quash all aspects of stereotypical anecdotes of horror trips to Doctor's offices.I wish I could bring Dr. Guthmann and his staff back to Atlanta with us because trips to mom's regular Doctor (who is great! Don't get me wrong), will only remind her that there are some diamonds in the rough out there that when discovered, you know that it is a double edged sword. While the discovery was priceless there is that place in the back of your mind telling you that no matter how many great diamonds you find in the future, it is a near certainty that you will never, ever find one that was as flawless as that majestic stone from Chicago.Thanks to Dr. Guthmann and all his staff. My mother made an instant recovery and is back to her usual 100% nag-power, which is fine by me! Many Regards. Bobby G., Atl.