Dr. Richard Guyer Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Richard Guyer?

October 24th, 2016

I received a Prodisc L by Dr.Guyer and his wonderful staff and surgical team early in 2016 and I now have my life back. I experienced so much pain and physical limitation that I had forgotten how good life can be. Thank-you so much for your desire to help me and do all that was necessary to bring about my return to health. My recovery is nothing short of miraculous. Thanks again!!

February 16th, 2016

The Link disc replacement

I was referred to Dr. Guyer in 08 somewhere around there) My neurologist thought a Spinal fusion was a little much for someone "so young" Early 30's. I agreed. I went through it all. I did everything I knew to do. To prevent surgery by any means. I had The Link Titanium disc put in L5 S1. It was still being "studied" at the time. I still have pain &Sciatica, but, nothing like it was. Any Sane Dr. Will tell you, your gonna hurt.There's really no 100% fix. If so, it's rare. You have to look at your options && decide what works for you. O believe TBI has improved my life as well as others. As for Dr. R.Guyer, he's great. I'll never forget when I was walking around maybe a few hrs.or so after surgery. He says "Ahh, there she is." He was pleased..I recommend TBI all the time. I live in Texarkana, so, It's not a hideous drive. Good luck! 😀

September 28th, 2015

Dr. Guyer is The Guy!

Dr. Guyer is a DOCTOR as well as a Surgeon, and I'm VERY fortunate to have the opportunity to get his help with my situation.

September 22nd, 2015

I went to several doctors when trying to obtain a diagnosis for my back pain. Dr Guyer seen me on my consult and immediately knew I was was in pain and needed help. We began the testing process to see what exactly it was that had been missed. For 5.5 years my MRI had been read as a bulging disc, when indeed I had two herniated disc in my lumbar spine. I had an artificial disc replacement at two levels and would do it all again in a heartbeat!

December 18th, 2013

Highly Recommend This Doctor

I ended up going to Dr. Guyer in Plano, Texas based upon a recommendation from my vet that had been a patient of his. Based upon our prior experience at the Spine Institute of Louisiana in Shreveport, this clinic was far superior the moment we arrived in terms of staff attentiveness and doctor engagement in the rendering of a diagnosis. I had a highly deteriorated L5-S1. After several tests, it was determined that was the pain generator and he recommended an artificial disc replacement. My insurance co. does not cover lumbar ADR, so I went through the process of appealing. I worked closely with the staff during the appeal process and found them to be caring and accommodating. Dr. Guyer, himself, worked on my behalf writing a letter concerning my specific case. My denial was finally overturned and I was able to move forward with my lumbar ADR. I had 4 pre-opt appointments. One of those was with Dr. Guyer whom explained risks/outcomes and answered all my questions. Another appointment was with a nurse that covered the surgery process and the recovery process. The surgery took place at the Texas Health Center for Diagnostics and Surgery which is on the floor underneath Texas Back Institute. My husband and I were very impressed with all the staff at THCDS. They were attentive, courteous and very warm. The surgery happened early in the morning and I was discharged before lunch the next day. Before my discharge, I was seen by the physical therapist, Dr. Guyer, and a couple other doctors. I was well taken care of during my short stay. I highly recommend Texas Back Institute and Dr. Guyer. My husband and I found him to be thoughtful, energetic, courteous and good humored. He also has an excellent reputation amongst other doctors and medical staff. I know because wherever I went for tests and check-ins, I received compliments concerning him.

November 2nd, 2013

Courteous staff. Shari MA was very sweet and helpful. Dr Guyer took his time explaining what was wrong and what my options were. He is not knife happy though iIeventually had surgery with great outcome. He is a compassionate and excellent physician

January 21st, 2013

Best Back Doctor!

Dr. Guyer is great, he is very kind and knows his stuff. He helped treat my back thoroughly and didn't just rush into surgery. Thanks Dr. Guyer!

March 15th, 2012

Bad experience with office staff

My doctor refered me to a surgeon at TBI. You should know that any call to TBI is going to begin with a lengthy wait listening to recorded advertisements for their survices. When I finaly spoke to a person, the maninsisted that I see Dr. Guyer, not the physician my PCP referred me to. This man new nothing about me or my case, it was just his opinion that Dr. Guyer was "better". That seemed odd. I saw Dr. Guyer and he was very nice. He scheduled proceedures and sent me home with hand outs to read. After reading the handouts, I had questions about whether or not the proceedure was really a good choice for me. I called and asked if I should make an appointment to talk to Dr. Guyer an was told that his MA could answer my questions. To her credit, she did listen to each of my questions, but her answers were always, "I don't know." I cancelled my proceedure and am seeking a new referral. I'm sure the physicians are great, but the office staff greatly increased my stress during an already stressful time.

February 16th, 2012

Dr Guyer is the best Spinal / Back Surgeon in the WORLD

I had been having chronic lower back pain for many years, and was being treated by narcotics by another Dr. I went to TBI for a second opinion (Trophy Club) and between Dr. Guyer and Dr. Langford, they not only got me off all NARCOTICs, they patched up my back to the point where I am virtually pain free, and back to doing activities I was doing prior to all the chronic pain.I highly recommend Texas Back to everyoone who thinks they have to live with Chronic back pain and Narcotics are NOT the answer. I truly believe Dr. Langford and Dr. Guyer saved my life!

January 31st, 2012

simply the best

Dr. Guyer is honestly the best doctor. He treated my condition very conservatively and only suggested surgery as a last resort. I got my life back because of Dr. Guyer!

August 29th, 2009

Durrant

Dr. Guyer has gone above and beyond in my case! And I can see that he treats every patient the same way! I'm lucky to have him as my doctor!!!

March 9th, 2009

Excellent Doc

I've been seeing Dr.Guyer for 4 months now for a herniated disc. He is very pro-conservative treatment and only recommends surgery if needed. I was in bad shape early on but have improved tremendously, however, not cured. Dr. Guyer says I'll need surgery to completely solve the problem and pain. I chose him because how well versed he is on disc replacement, and not just fusion. I highly recommend Dr. Guyer.