Dr. Richard Guzzetta Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Richard Guzzetta?

July 1st, 2016

This is the most wonderful doctor and human being I have ever known!

March 26th, 2016

He took a long time to see me

March 11th, 2015

I completed the rehab program, have 2 yrs clean. He's the best

December 18th, 2014

Laptop, Doctor and You... your visits with Dr. Guzzetta

He uses a laptop to type notes as he visits with you during your appointment which can be unsettling until you get used to him looking at the laptop and not you. Is the fact that the patients actually "get used" to this the sad part or the need to 'get used' to it. He can be a bit cold and 'stand off-ish' but he doesn't seem to mean anything by it. Oh and his pain mgmt patients must take drug tests every visit.

June 25th, 2014

This family is fed up.

My family has had Guzzetta for nearly a decade, and I've finally had enough. Granted, he's very to-the-point, but I can only get answers if I ask... and since I'm not a doctor, I don't always know what to ask! No good bedside or personable manner. I spend more time in the room with my thoughts than with anyone (doctor or nurse), and getting a hold of him to help with anything that's not a routine appointment is like pulling teeth. We're done.

February 14th, 2014

Just over 1 year of visits

He seems to be an okay, at best, doctor. I was seriously hurt some years ago and been a pain mgmt patient after my surgeries and I have seen the best and the worst doctors since my injury. He requires you see him every 2 months and takes only certain insurance plans, medi-cal is out of the question so a private pay visit is around $100. He drug tests you at every visit which is costly I'm sure but its included in the office visit price. Not sure why he doesn't just look up his patients on the DEA website but its not for me to tell him how to run his practice. He is a bit aloof, and does look at his laptop more than his patient, and doesn't have the warmest bedside manor. In the beginning I think he thought I was going to act like an addict or something by calling for early refills. I had a great relationship with my last doctor and appreciated the trust I had build up over the years so I'm hoping at some point a similar relationship can be established with Dr Guzzetta. However, my previous doctor seemed to be more willing to trust than Dr Guzzetta. So now that its been over a year and I only go to one pharmacy, I never call to come get scripts early (I'm usually late for refill pick ups by several days so its obvious I am not over taking my meds). There are 2 types of addictions to scheduled drugs... an emotional addiction and a physical addiction. I am the 2nd. My body has built a dependence to the drug. I think its those who are emotional addicts that may experience problems with this doctor. One person wrote a review calling him an Addictologist. I think he may also help people who are addicted who want to get off the drugs but probably not just keep you on a drug if there is not a reason to take it. I would recommend this doctor to someone who has to pay privately for pain management as his prices are reasonable and he will work with you to find a cheaper drug if you don't have coverage. I would tell them to be ready to take drug tests and set your expectations accordingly.

February 13th, 2013

great doctor

I've recently been extremely sick and have had to go see Dr. Guzzetta a few times. He is a great doctor. He listens to me, I never feel rushed as he gives me as much time as I need. He does not fluff things and is very matter of fact which is what I really like about about him. I would highly recommend him to all.

January 28th, 2013

Worst Addictologist Ever! Fresno deserves better Addictologist!!

This doctor is THE RUDEST ever!!! He is judgmental, uncaring, demeaning, and full of personal insults to the patient!!!! If someone in need of addiction help is to seek help with Dr Guzzetta, they might as well just roll over and die of substance abuse. This man is the meanest person I have EVER met!!! Fresno would be so blessed to have another addictologist practicing! (One that cares about their patients!!) I will never visit this doctor ever again!!

September 20th, 2012

This was the worst experience with a physician I have ever had. His whole manner was dismissive and uncaring. He never once looked at me when we spoke. He spent the entire consult typing on the computer. His questions were delivered in an accusatory manner and his demeanor projected that he did not believe one thing I said to him. I WOULD NEVER SEE THIS MAN AGAIN!

July 5th, 2012

Brenda Savu

September 15th, 2008

What's wrong with this doctor

In my 65 years, he is the worst doctor I have ever been to. No compassion, shows little interest connecting with his patient my daughter. She is a Medi-Cal patient,little choice to change doctor.

February 7th, 2008

Inconsistent, VERY moody, lies about things, runs his office like an "addict"

I had been a patient of Dr. Richard Guzzetta's for 4 years and I was fairly "used to" his moodiness, but in this last year (2006-2007), his moods and behavior became scarily erratic. One appointment he'd be nice and talkative, the next he'd be sullen, the next he'd explode at me for no apparent reason. I'd try and talk with him about it, but he'd become more and more unreasonable. It was like he was having some kind of personal problems and/or he was not working his AA/NA program and was a "dry drunk/addict," and/or he's "using" again. It was that bad. Then at the end of 2007, he came into my appt room in a seemingly good mood...We kind of were joking around....then he just "lost it" for no reason....I asked him to explain and the more he talked, the stranger and more erratic the whole thing became. Then, after me being a good patient for 4 years, he just plopped down, folded his arms and impulsively said, "I'm dismissing you as my patient as of now." No warning. No reason given either verbally or in writing. (The Medical Board considers this "Patient Abandonment.") No referral for another doctor. Nothing. And he was treating me for pain with opiads so finding another doctor on my own "all of a sudden" was really an inappropriate position for him to put me in. I would NOT recommend this doctor. Now that I've been away from his office, I can see that he basically runs it like you'd expect an addict to run things and treat his patients.