Dr. Richard Edelson MD Patient Reviews

• Sports Medicine Portland, OR

• Good
  • Bad

February 8th, 2017
Wouldn't explain MRI and rude, dismissive
He was short, arrogant and completely void of compassion. He took 5-10 minutes with me every appointment and half-heartedly answered my questions. I waited three hours for one appointment and over an hour for the others. Getting ahold of him when problems arose took weeks! His nurse would call me back and say he was out of town every time I called and then no answer often came. How can you be a good doctor if your patients can't get ahold of you? He wouldn't read my MRI. I had to go to one of his collegeagues and ask them to read it. When there were serious questions about the MRI findings he said they didn't matter. I felt like alone in pain and unable to get answers for months. I would not recommend him.

October 25th, 2012
I was referred to Dr. Edelson by a friend and found her glowing recommendation to be true. Everything was taken care of in one appointment, visit with Dr. Edelson, x-rays, MRI, treatment and touching bases with the doctor to formulate a treatment plan. I can now give you the same glowing recommendation my friend gave me.

June 23rd, 2012
I had a bad rotator cuff rip of two tendons. After seeing a bad doctor, I scheduled an appointment with DR. Edelson. He knew exactly what to do, gave me confidence of his knowledge. Xray, MRI first to make sure. Found bad rip and suggested surgery otherwise I would never be normal. Had the surgery, found really bad tear. Each month after follows up and therapy. 14 weeks later almost normal. Started building muscle , very happy with the results. I trust him and his staff. That is hard to say because I do not trust easily. Great doctor. If I had of waited any longer it could not have been fixed.

November 18th, 2015