Dr. Richard Hairston Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Richard Hairston?

Diabetic Macular Edema

Diabetic Macular Edema

Have you seen Dr. Richard Hairston?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

May 29th, 2017

A GREAT DOCTOR

Dr. Hairston is a busy doctor and at first seems too rushed, but if you seem him on a fairly regular basis, you'll find that he has a great sense of humor. (Sometimes it takes a while to establish rapport with any doctor.)

March 14th, 2015

Cannot Recommend!

April 2nd, 2014

"Eye" Approve!!

Confidence in a health professional is key. Anyone would feel comfortable in Dr. Hairston's care. He is knowledgeable, proactive, attentive, personable and thorough. Further he is kind. He works with a staff that obviously respects him - and likes him! I think that speaks for itself in the professional world.

March 31st, 2014

Lucky Me

Thanks to Dr. Hairston, my fear of having a serious eye problem has been laid to rest. Today his team of certified technicians worked seamlessly together to provide the doctor all the information he needed to perform a thorough diagnosis. Among the office efficiency was the genuine care I felt from everyone, including Dr. Hairston. His quick whited humor had me feeling like family. I highly recommend Dr. Hairston, his friendly technicians and the entire staff at The Eye Institute of West Florida.

November 19th, 2013

Disillusioned

Although I do find Dr. Hairston competent to treat my mother's eye condition, I feel he lacks any kind of warmth or empathy for any of his patients. We wait for nearly an hour for every appointment, although we are always on time, and when he finally comes into the room, he does not even speak to my mother. No greeting, no nothing. He reviews the chart, injects her eye, and he is out the door. My mother never has a chance to ask any questions. THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT CATTLE. Have you been in that corporate grind so long that you have forgotten these are PEOPLE? Or do you just see dollar signs? We see him again in 2 weeks. This time I am blocking the door and he is not going anywhere until our questions have been answered!! The staff is no better. I worked in a doctor's office for 10 years. I was the first person the patient saw. I was always friendly, smiled, I ACTUALLY LOOKED UP FROM MY DESK, and assisted the patient in any way I could. These people at the Eye Institute must hate their jobs. It does not matter if it is morning or afternoon. I have never seen a more miserable bunch of people in all my life. They are rude and abrupt. The only person who appears to be genuinely happy with her job is the lady who greets patients at the door. She's great. Then there is this huge let down when you get to the front desk. Everyone at the Eye Institute including the physicians need to take a refresher course in dealing with the public. THESE ARE PEOPLE, NOT CATTLE.

January 26th, 2009