Overall Review

October 18th, 2016
great Dr horrible staff; good luck getting a hold of someone
You can never get anyone to answer the phone, no matter when you call. give you the option to leave a VM, and never get a call back. I understand practices can be busy and it can take some time to get help, but I have never once been able to get them on the phone without waiting hours! ive been a patient since I turned 18, and am looking for care elsewhere as I need a Dr who is available at some point and time. Today specifically I have called 5 times and sat on hold so long that their system ended the call and never once did anyone answer. Drs and PA's are great, but the management of this office is unacceptable. it shouldn't take this long to get assistance.

May 12th, 2016
imho Richard Hays office is horrible
Dr. Hays' office is run in my opinion like a factory. Calling his office results in long wait times only to be sent to a voicemail. Those voice mails are many times, not returned. I had appointments with 3 specialists last week. None of the referrals were at the specialist office in time for my appointments. I called Hays after the 2nd referral was not sent. His staff said they were "short staffed" that the HMO was holding up the referrals despite never having sent requests to the HMO for 2 of the referrals, that the referral person was on vacation for 2 weeks, that they were backlogged, etc.... I finally spoke with Hays and he said he would immediately take care of the problems. But two days later, at my 3rd appointment, again no referral or chart info was sent as requested. I wrote this Bozo a letter and put him on notice of his dangerous practice and its potential harm and informed him I was going to report him to the HMO, review him on Social Media, etc. He was more concerned about my reporting him than resolving the problems. Wow!

January 12th, 2016
Rude and lazy staff members
The staff is very rude and lazy. Dr Hays is wonderful, but because of his staff, I would never recommend him.

June 2nd, 2015
Love Dr. Hays / the office staff makes it impossible to stay
I have seen Dr. Hays for over 20 years and just recently switched to a different PCP. Dr. Hays is a wonderful person and a great doctor. Unfortunately, I have not actually been able to see him in a long while - I end up having to see a PA or the RNP. I don't go to the doctor very often anymore, but when I go, I'd very much like to see my doctor. His staff does not return phone calls. I have given up on the prescription refill voicemail system - they simply do not respond. My pharmacy has had issues as well. It is unsettling to be unsure about whether one's prescriptions will be sent correctly and on time.

April 21st, 2015
It really is a shame that Dr. Hays has the incompetent staff that he has. He's a wonderful person and doctor but his staff is horrible. Need a call back? Good luck with that. You're lucky if you're able to get through their phone service and get a live person on the phone. There's no point to leave a message on any voice mail because no one calls you back. Staff is completely non apologetic when their inability to provide proper service is pointed out. Again, he's a wonderful doctor but he needs to start from ground zero with his entire staff.

March 19th, 2015
FRONT DESK STAFF IS EXTREMELY RUDE AND NON-COMPASSIONATE LIKE THEY ARE ANGRY THEY WORK THERE.

April 9th, 2014
although it is a very busy practice, the staff and poviders make it worth the visit. The office is nice and clean the staff is freindly and the providers are efficient... i recommend this office 100%%%%

January 7th, 2014
I work in the medical field, so I come in contact with many physicians and their staff. Dr Richard Hays in Wellington is absolutely tops! His staff do a terrific job in spite of having a very busy office. I recommend Dr Hays to anyone wanting a physician who will treat them with respect as well as superb medical care!

August 28th, 2013
pros and cons
I have been a patient of Dr. Hays for over ten years. I have seen the office grow and become busier and busier. The office staff at times seem unorganized and have lost appointments or not scheduled them. Their online site is helpful with refills for prescriptions and keeping track of your lab work and even scheduling appts. Dr. Hays himself has always been professional and does take his time with your health problems even during the busy cold and flu season. The wait time in the waiting room is usually pretty quick and they do their own blood work on the premises which saves you having to go to another lab or clinic.

April 30th, 2013
My doctor for 13yrs
Dr Hays is a busy man and his office can get crazy. I have not had a personal visit with Dr Hays for almost 5yrs. I usually see a NP or a PA. I always get my medications on time and I am always reminded when it is time for my physical. The last time I was in the office and saw Dr Hays working away in his office he said hello and mentioned all the MRI's I had gotten for my health issues. I was so surprised that he had the time to read my medical history I changed my mind about leaving. Good doctors get busy. I know. I tried a doctor with a quiet office and was not impressed. I'll take Dr Hays.

April 8th, 2013
Unresponsive primary care physician
After being a patient of Dr. Hay's for 23 years, my mother-in-law is leaving his practice. She suffered a broken arm, surgery was performed, she went to rehab and was released. She was moved to an assisted living facility because her legs were weak, she was unable to care for herself. The assisted living facility tried several times to contact him regarding her medications and to get a work order for therapy.....no response still in over a week. She was admitted to Jupiter Medical Center because she was retaining water in her legs and abdomen, Jupiter Medical Center contacted him.........again, no response. How many phone calls and faxes need to be sent before he responds? Disgraceful behavior from a trusted physician. Needless to say, she has a new primary and will never return to his practice!!

March 20th, 2013
Disgusted
I am leaving this practice immediately after 2 (TWO!) appointments with the doctor have been cancelled, after I explained how important it is for me to meet with him. It appears this practice likes to bait and switch the practitioners, you make appointment with the physician then they try to have you see NP or PA instead. Very dissatisfied, and I work in this industry! My husband will also be finding a new doctor as he sees how I have been unfairly treated.